Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

The Truth In Us - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth In Us (1559 Views)

10 Reasons You May Not Hear The Whole Truth In The Church…. / Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. / Tithing Truth In A Nutshell - False Prophets Please Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth In Us by flourishG(m): 7:38pm On Jun 12, 2013
Alwaystrue:

So if you are not saying anything about lawlessness, does it not mean you keep the law?
I asked u what are categories of laws exist.u refused to answer.being law keeping christian doesn't say u keep the mosaic laws.before I argue wif u I want to understand what u teach people on dis forum.what does your being lawful mean?keeping Moses or keeping law of God or of Christ or all?
Alwaystrue:
Let me post the bible verses so you will understand that Jesus is the law fulfilled.
Jesus is d law fulfilled?seriously?since Jesus is d law fulfilled what law then are u still keeping n what exactly is d law Jesus fulfilled?you sound like a confused lady.Jesus is law fulfilled n still teaching d law.I will b patient wif u to mention d law Jesus fulfilled n d law u telling us to still keeping.
Alwaystrue:

Psalm 119:142 & 160
142Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and your law is the truth
160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 17:17
Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth

now I know u confused lady.is dis d kind of teaching u do here?oh okay.I hv been so much o n other christian forum n I think it time to come to this forum.pple dat dont know but want to teach n end up teaching jargons.what is d difference btw word in lower case w n word with uppercase w?I c u just quoting bible without knowing what u saying?
Alwaystrue:

Since the Word of GOd is true and God's word is law and the world of God is Jesus Christ who is the fulfilment of the law, what is the issue?
I simply explained what the truth of the law meant to you...exactly what Jesus said and the only way to fulfil that truth is Jesus Christ.

All Jesus said and did while on earth was the truth, He spoke the TRUTH to everyone (disciples, sinners, pharisees). The Holy Spirit He sent as comforter, guides us in ALL truth which is seen in the scriptures.
Thanks.
you are confused.Jesus is the word?word in upper case w which is d logos or word in lowercase w which is d written?
Re: The Truth In Us by Alwaystrue(f): 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
flourishG: I asked u what are categories of laws exist.u refused to answer.being law keeping christian doesn't say u keep the mosaic laws.before I argue wif u I want to understand what u teach people on dis forum.what does your being lawful mean?keeping Moses or keeping law of God or of Christ or all?
It looks like you know the categories of laws that exist. Since I told you it is the Law of God (all summed up in love) in my prior posts but you refused to see that yet you have categorised the laws, please tell us these categories of laws and what makes them different. I am sure I said nothing about mosaic laws.
The 10 commandments were not mosaic laws, they were given directly by God to the Israelites, not through Moses. Please read Exodus 20:1-17 and Moses Himself confirmed that those 10 commandments were spoken directly by God to the Israelites in Deuteronomy 4:12. Can you confirm if this is true or not? I will only proceed further if you can affirm this or not.

flourishG: Jesus is d law fulfilled?seriously?since Jesus is d law fulfilled what law then are u still keeping n what exactly is d law Jesus fulfilled?you sound like a confused lady.Jesus is law fulfilled n still teaching d law.I will b patient wif u to mention d law Jesus fulfilled n d law u telling us to still keeping.
Jesus came to fulfil the law not abolish it. That is not hard to know. Hebrews 8:4 also says the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us who walk after the Spirit and not the flesh. I will advise you quit making any assertions, which actually shows a lack of patience, like confused here because you come across like you know everything and you have not proved it at all, so if we are to discuss, do drop all these unnecessary qualifications. Jesus is the fulfilment of the law....your faith in Jesus upholds the law because as you said He makes you to live right and be a better person else since Jesus fulfilled the law, can you tell me why Revelation 14:12 says the saints are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus?

flourishG:
now I know u confused lady.is dis d kind of teaching u do here?oh okay.I hv been so much o n other christian forum n I think it time to come to this forum.pple dat dont know but want to teach n end up teaching jargons.what is d difference btw word in lower case w n word with uppercase w?I c u just quoting bible without knowing what u saying?
you are confused.Jesus is the word?word in upper case w which is d logos or word in lowercase w which is d written?
There is nothing confusing in what I said. You keep jumping from saying someone is confused and people not knowing what they are saying when all I have shown you is the scripture. See these scriptures below and tell me the difference, or go do more study and stop saying things anyhow.

John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made BY him; and without him was not any thing made that was made

Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed BY the word of God , so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear

I Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever

Please tell me the difference between the small 'word' and big 'Word' there. Before you talk about confusion next time, try to be less demeaning till you understand what the person is saying.
Re: The Truth In Us by flourishG(m): 5:10am On Jun 13, 2013
Alwaystrue:
It looks like you know the categories of laws that exist. Since I told you it is the Law of God (all summed up in love) in my prior posts but you refused to see that yet you have categorised the laws, please tell us these categories of laws and what makes them different. I am sure I said nothing about mosaic laws.
The 10 commandments were not mosaic laws, they were given directly by God to the Israelites, not through Moses. Please read Exodus 20:1-17 and Moses Himself confirmed that those 10 commandments were spoken directly by God to the Israelites in Deuteronomy 4:12. Can you confirm if this is true or not? I will only proceed further if you can affirm this or not.
if you like prooceed or not, that's yr headache.ok.this is the rubbush u teach pple on dis forum right?did i tell you i wanna teach you since u sound to know it all n tell us what law we are to keep.i don't quote bible verse i talk bible itself so if u understand God's word u should understand what am saying.i dont have to quote bible to validate my point and if u push hard on me i will pull out bible verses for u to destroy n fight all d nonsesne n jargons u talking here to yr face but meanwhile lets talk bible.u seems to b d one in control and tell us what to obey the law and u said u never mentioned mosaic law.then what the heck law u telling us to obey?doesn't it have a name?letme help you:there is mosaic law,law of christ,law of God,law of faith to mention but few. tell me, i want to know which law u telling to keep?are all these laws the same?
Alwaystrue:
Jesus came to fulfil the law not abolish it. That is not hard to know. Hebrews 8:4 also says the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us who walk after the Spirit and not the flesh. I will advise you quit making any assertions, which actually shows a lack of patience, like confused here because you come across like you know everything and you have not proved it at all, so if we are to discuss, do drop all these unnecessary qualifications. Jesus is the fulfilment of the law....your faith in Jesus upholds the law because as you said He makes you to live right and be a better person else since Jesus fulfilled the law, can you tell me why Revelation 14:12 says the saints are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus?
i still have lttle respect for u because u are alady.jesus fulfilled the law not abolished it.what are u still keeping?did u enrol in elementary school at all?what is the meaning of 'christ is d end of the law'?again, if christ is the end ofd law i still need u to tell me what law christ ended as i hv told u different categories of the law that exist.what law is christ the end of?the verse u gave in hebrews had nothing to do with righteousness of d law being fulfilled in us, dats rubbish or out of context verse.so what if revelation 14,12 says to keep commandments.are u so daft that jesus gave a new commandment at the end of his ministry?a new commandment i give unto u jesus said.u are so law conscious that when u read commandment u conclude in your mind it is commandment given under moses law.am still waiting for u to tell me what law u tell us to keep before i know what to do to u.is that how u learn to study God word?
Alwaystrue:
There is nothing confusing in what I said. You keep jumping from saying someone is confused and people not knowing what they are saying when all I have shown you is the scripture. See these scriptures below and tell me the difference, or go do more study and stop saying things anyhow.

John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made BY him; and without him was not any thing made that was made

Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed BY the word of God , so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear

I Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever

Please tell me the difference between the small 'word' and big 'Word' there. Before you talk about confusion next time, try to be less demeaning till you understand what the person is saying.
you are the most confused and daft teacher i ever read online n yet u say u are not confused?i am not d one to tell ignorant person like u the different when bible use the lowercase w in descripting the word and using the uppercase W in d word.go and sit yourself down to learn since u want to teach people and u dont know dis simple elementary.shame on u.like someone want to learn english but refuse to learn abc.if u don't know thise simple elementary, then u are a shameful teaching, u should not be typing on forum like thise not to say teaching.lastly,u need to answer my questions:what law u saying we should keep?2,when bible says the law in everything, what are the usages in meanings?if u know d law n a master of the law it should be easy for u to answer all these questions u teacher of the law.
Re: The Truth In Us by flourishG(m): 5:42am On Jun 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Your reference is a case study of how the wrath of the Law brought this woman to the feet of Jesus Christ our Saviour. You are right by saying that the Law condemns, that's its function. The Law reveals to the sinner that they are already condemned see John 3:18. The function of the Law is to show the sinner their danger and desperate need for the Saviour. The Law's part in transformation is to make you to be aware of your sin and of your need for divine forgiveness and redemption (Acts 28:23). Simples wink
now u are talking bible n i hope u can say this to that lady teaching jargons about the law,her id is alwaystrue.if someone says she is alwaystrue it meants such person claims infalabiblity n whatever she says is alwaystrue, dats nonsense n madness to say.how is she so sure what she says is alwaystrue?can u relate what am tryingto say?.she want to teach d law but she knows nothing about what the law says yet she claims to be always true as teacher of d law,1timothy 1:7 stand in her face.i dare her to enter into d law teachings proper n let see if she knows d law she shouting about.

all u have said is the truth and that's what u shld be teaching.after the law condemns me but grace saves me,why shld i still go back to the law?to get more condemnation so i can be stoned to death or what?the law could not save me from my sins but grace did and told me to go and sin no more what then am i still doing with d law?i need u to lecture me on d necessity of going back to d law.is it to retain my salvation which i cant be saved by d law in d first place?let me flip d other side of d coin.do u know as a christian if i dont kill,steal,hate etc, i don't need the law?what is d meaning of d verse dat says christ is d 'end' of the law and what law is da verse talking?law of God or law of faith or law of moses or law of christ,which one?
Re: The Truth In Us by Alwaystrue(f): 8:28am On Jun 13, 2013
Good morning flourishG,
Is it not too early to start acting like a contentious man. cheesy. All this braggado just shows you cannot prove what I asked you to in my last post. You have proved nothing except talk.

Amazing! All this coming from someone who said Jesus gave a new command that we should love each other as He loved us. You have little regard for someone Jesus said you should love as He loved? shocked I wonder how Jesus related with 'ladies' during His time on earth....possibly, going by your prejudice, He should not even have discussed with the Samaritan woman. smh.

We hear of a contentious woman but you prove the height of a contentious man. Did the new command Jesus gave nullify all the others? Did He say so? When Rev.14:12 talked about the commandmentS (with 's' at the end) of God and testimony of Jesus, did it include or nullify the command of Jesus? You that claim to have the new command, what attribute of it have you shown in discussiing with me?

I know your type, disregard for lady indeed. I did not bother to quote you so when you grow more mature in Christ and relate with people in love as Jesus would have, you can come back here to delete/modify your post, that even unbelievers should not see.

Oh, and for a parting shot, please always quote scriptures correctly: (Romans 10:4) Christ is the end of the law FOR righteousness TO them that believe....those who believe in Jesus also believe His sayings....go read what He said while on earth, if you cannot believe that, you will not believe anything.
Enjoy wink
Re: The Truth In Us by flourishG(m): 12:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
I know empty barrels makes d loudest noise.I hv not even fighting u with bible verses yet n u gone?who u to say I delete or modify my words?I say what I needed to say.you offended?I know pple like u in d other forums I discuss with,they know nothing abt d law they imposing on christians n d word of God is truth to da fact.d word says those who want to live by d law,do u 'know' what d law says?u dont know d law if u do u will not advance in law keepers n Judaism.I have u a test to tell categories of law u don't know.I gave u to explain Christ is d end of d law u stressing emphasis on 'for'.what is da meaning of that?don't u know there's two kinds of righteousness?what righteousness is that verse talking?the same verse tells it,to them that 'believes'.so its righteousness by faith not by keeping d law,2 type of righteousness.go and read da verse from many translators u will understand y I asked da meaning of Christ is d end of d law.I said I still show little respect because u a lady.if u a man I know how to discuss wif u.it is because u lady dats y I still show little respect for u.I don't quote verse like religion does,when u want to talk I talk n everything I say is in da word.if u know d word I don't hv to quote for u.
Re: The Truth In Us by Alwaystrue(f): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

May the Lord richly bless you with His wisdom. For the day these antinomians understand this solemn truth you posted here would be the day they would know that grace grants us freedom from sin and not freedom to sin. We receive freedom to choose not to sin.
Amen @Ola. Indeed grace grants us freedom from sin. God bless. May we continually receive this help from Him.
Re: The Truth In Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35am On Jun 14, 2013
flourishG:

now u are talking bible n i hope u can say this to that lady teaching jargons about the law,her id is alwaystrue.if someone says she is alwaystrue it meants such person claims infalabiblity n whatever she says is alwaystrue, dats nonsense n madness to say.how is she so sure what she says is alwaystrue?can u relate what am tryingto say?.she want to teach d law but she knows nothing about what the law says yet she claims to be always true as teacher of d law,1timothy 1:7 stand in her face.i dare her to enter into d law teachings proper n let see if she knows d law she shouting about.

all u have said is the truth and that's what u shld be teaching.after the law condemns me but grace saves me,why shld i still go back to the law?to get more condemnation so i can be stoned to death or what?the law could not save me from my sins but grace did and told me to go and sin no more what then am i still doing with d law?i need u to lecture me on d necessity of going back to d law.is it to retain my salvation which i cant be saved by d law in d first place?let me flip d other side of d coin.do u know as a christian if i dont kill,steal,hate etc, i don't need the law?what is d meaning of d verse dat says christ is d 'end' of the law and what law is da verse talking?law of God or law of faith or law of moses or law of christ,which one?

Still talking about condemnation. The Law of God tells us that God has judged the whole world as being guilty before Him as your conscience will acquiese to the 10 Commandments that I posted earlier, and reveals that we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God. You can also see that our Lord Jesus Christ was able to pardon the adulterous woman because He was on His way to the cross of cavalry to die for her. Notice that even though the woman acknowledged Jesus as "Lord," Jesus still told her to "go and sin no more." It was not until the Law had brought the woman to the feet of the Saviour before she could receive the grace to "go and sin no more." Pride and arrogance will prevent us from receiving the grace that Jesus provides and until we are humbled by the knowledge of sin which only comes by the Law we would continue to be under the bondage of sin.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth In Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:42am On Jun 14, 2013
Alwaystrue:

Amen @Ola. Indeed grace grants us freedom from sin. God bless. May we continually receive this help from Him.

A big amen to this illumination. It is only when we walk in continual and sincere repentance that we can go boldly to the throne of grace daily to seek help in the time of need. God bless you for this insight into the word of God.
Re: The Truth In Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:07pm On Jun 15, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Still talking about condemnation. The Law of God tells us that God has judged the whole world as being guilty before Him as your conscience will acquiese to the 10 Commandments that I posted earlier, and reveals that we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God. You can also see that our Lord Jesus Christ was able to pardon the adulterous woman because He was on His way to the cross of cavalry to die for her. Notice that even though the woman acknowledged Jesus as "Lord," Jesus still told her to "go and sin no more." It was not until the Law had brought the woman to the feet of the Saviour before she could receive the grace to "go and sin no more." Pride and arrogance will prevent us from receiving the grace that Jesus provides and until we are humbled by the knowledge of sin which only comes by the Law we would continue to be under the bondage of sin.

"We cannot come to Christ to be justified until we have first been to Moses to be condemned. But once we have gone to Moses and acknowledged our sin, guilt and condemnation, we must not stay there." - John Stott

Take The Test: -->> www.needgod.com
Re: The Truth In Us by Alwaystrue(f): 11:08pm On Jun 15, 2013
@Ola, Amen. You have basically hit the nail on the head with the story of the adulterous woman.

Until we know what we are or have done wrong, how do we even know that we need Jesus? It is a continual process and repentance continues till we mature in Him.
Jesus told the adulterous woman He does not condemn her for her sin but told her to go and sin no more. That is GRACE!
Mercy tells the sinner 'I do not condemn you' and Grace tells him ' You have another chance to turn a new leaf, go and sin no more'.
That is why Paul said shall we continue in sin that grace might abound? Not at all!

May we receive the help God has given us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

RCCG Member Cuts Off His Penis To Concentrate On His 21 Days Fasting And Prayer / What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished / Demons On Nairaland; Too Much Pornography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.