Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,656 members, 7,851,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:46 PM

Violence, Racial Hate, And Murder In The Qur'an? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Violence, Racial Hate, And Murder In The Qur'an? (830 Views)

Does Islam Teach Hate And Genocide? / Proof The Qur'an's Never Been Changed / The Qur'an - Allah's Word Or Muhammad's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Violence, Racial Hate, And Murder In The Qur'an? by mantraa: 3:56pm On Jun 08, 2013
Dear Muslim brothers and sisters.
Please explain how a book that contains these passages can be considered as promoting peace amongst your fellow human beings.
Or are these passages not relevant anymore?

Don't take Jews or Christians for friends. If you do, then Allah will consider you to be one of them. Quran 5:51

Jews and Christians are evil-livers. Quran 5:59

Don't choose Jews, Christians, or disbelievers as guardians. -- Quran 5:57

Jews and Christians are losers. Quran 5:53

Fight against Christians and Jews "until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low." 9:29

Christians and Jews are perverse. Allah himself fights against them. 9:30"

Evil is the handiwork of the rabbis and priests. -- Quran 5:63

Christians will be burned in the Fire. -- Quran 5:72

Allah has cast enmity and hatred among the Jews. -- Quran 5:64

Don't believe anyone who is not a Muslim. Quran 3:73

Have no unbelieving friends. Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them. Quran 4:89

The disbelievers are an open enemy to you. Quran 4:101

Those who disbelieve will be forced to drink boiling water, and will face a painful doom. Quran 6:70

Don't let the disbelievers think they can escape. They are your enemy and the enemy of Allah. Quran 8:59-60

Don't make treaties with non-Muslims. They are all evildoers and should not be trusted. Quran 9:7-9

Unbelievers will be tormented forever with fire. When their skin is burned off, a fresh skin will be provided. Quran 4:56

If the unbelievers do not offer you peace, kill them wherever you find them. Against such you are given clear warrant.Quran 4:91

Allah stamped wretchedness upon the Jews because they killed the prophets and disbelieved Allah's revelations. 2:61

Allah turned the Sabbath-breaking Jews into apes. 2:65-66

Don't be friends with non-Muslims. They all hate you and want to ruin you. Quran 3:118

Muslims that make friends with disbelievers will face a doom prepared for them by Allah. Quran 5:80

Jews are the greediest of all humankind. They'd like to live 1000 years. But they are going to hell. 2:96

Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kill them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. But if they desist in their unbelief, (become Muslims) then don't kill them. 2:191-2
Re: Violence, Racial Hate, And Murder In The Qur'an? by PastorKun(m): 4:12pm On Jun 08, 2013
Shouldn't this be in the islamic section? I would really love to see how our muslim brethen who claim Islam is a religion of peace explain or interpret this quotes from their holy book.
Re: Violence, Racial Hate, And Murder In The Qur'an? by aurenflani: 4:13pm On Jun 08, 2013
"Bring my enemies here who don't believe in me, bring them here and kill them infront of me". Luke 19-27

Here what Jesus said according to your bible. shocked
Re: Violence, Racial Hate, And Murder In The Qur'an? by Creatrixity(m): 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2013
^^^
Mantraa does not believe your middle eastern tall tales..
Re: Violence, Racial Hate, And Murder In The Qur'an? by PastorKun(m): 4:23pm On Jun 08, 2013
aurenflani: "Bring my enemies here who don't believe in me, bring them here and kill them infront of me". Luke 19-27

Here what Jesus said according to your bible. shocked

Jesus made that statement in a parable and not in a real life situation and you know that so stop being dishonest and address all the several quotes above from the quoran in the OP.
Re: Violence, Racial Hate, And Murder In The Qur'an? by tbaba1234: 7:09pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Jesus made that statement in a parable and not in a real life situation and you know that so stop being dishonest and address all the several quotes above from the quoran in the OP.

There is nothing to address, the OP is more dishonest..
Re: Violence, Racial Hate, And Murder In The Qur'an? by tbaba1234: 7:10pm On Jun 08, 2013
Lol...

Go to the book and read for yourself... This kind of ignorance is painful.

A PDF copy of the Quran,

http://asadullahali.files./2010/09/the_quran.pdf

Thank me later.
Re: Violence, Racial Hate, And Murder In The Qur'an? by PastorKun(m): 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
tbaba1234:

There is nothing to address, the OP is more dishonest..

Thanx for your response sir, but I would appreciate if you can explain or point out to me how the OP is being dishonest and also explain the quoted verses to me in proper context as I may not be opportuned to study the quoran on my own.
Re: Violence, Racial Hate, And Murder In The Qur'an? by tbaba1234: 11:43pm On Jun 08, 2013
^ you can do it yourself, there is nothing to explain.

Open the book and see whether what he posted here and what is in the book are the same thing. We don't even have to go as far as explaining context, it is just blatant lying.
Re: Violence, Racial Hate, And Murder In The Qur'an? by mantraa: 10:46am On Jun 09, 2013
Thanks for the link to the online Quran. I checked and cannot see how you think my op is lies.

Here are the quotes taken directly from the online Quran:

51You who believe, do not take the Jews and Christians as allies:a they are allies only to each other. Anyone who takes them as an ally becomes one of them– God does not guide such wrongdoers.

53and the believers will say, ‘Are these the men who swore by God using their strongest oaths that they were with you?’ All they did was in vain: they have lost everything.
54You who believe, if any of you go back on your faith,b God will soon replace you with people He loves and who love Him, people who are humble towards the believers, hard on the disbelievers, and who strive in God’s way without fearing anyone’s reproach. Such is God’s favour. He grants it to whoever He will. God has endless bounty and knowledge. 55Your true allies are God, His Messenger, and the believers– those who keep up the prayer, pay the prescribed alms, and bow down in worship. 56Those who turn for protection to God, His Messenger, and the believers [are God’s party]: God’s party is sure to triumph.
57You who believe, do not take as allies those who ridicule your religion and make fun of it– whether people who were given the Scripture before you, or disbelievers– and be mindful of God if you are true believers. 58 When you make the call to prayer, they ridicule it and make fun of it: this is because they are people who do not reason. 59Say [Prophet], ‘People of the Book, do you resent us for any reason other than the fact that we believe in God, in what has been sent down to us, and in what was sent before us, while most of you are disobedient?’ 60Say, ‘Shall I tell you who deserves a worse punishment from God than [the one you wish upon] us? Those God distanced from Himself, was angry with, and condemned as apes and pigs,a and those who worship idols: they are worse in rank and have strayed further from the right path.

29Fight those of the People of the Book who do not [truly]c believe in God and the Last Day, who do not forbid what God and His Messenger have forbidden, who do not obey the rule of justice,d until they pay the tax e and agree to submit. f 30 The Jews said, ‘Ezra is the son of God,’a and the Christians said, ‘The Messiah is the son of God’: they said this with their own mouths, repeating what earlier disbelievers had said. May God confound them! How far astray they have been led!

88[Believers], why are you divided in two about the hypocrites, when God Himself has rejected them because of what they have done? Do you want to guide those God has left to stray? If God leaves anyone to stray, you [Prophet] will never find the way for him. 89 They would dearly like you to reject faith, as they themselves have done, to be like them. So do not take them as allies until they migrate [to Medina] for God’s cause. If they turn [on you],a then seize and kill them wherever you encounter them.b Take none of them as an ally or supporter.

101 When you [believers] are travelling in the land, you will not be blamed for shortening your prayers, if you fear the disbelievers may harm you: they are your sworn enemies.

70 Leave to themselves those who take their religion for a mere game and distraction and are deceived by the life of this world, but continue to remind them with the [Quràan], lest any soul be damned by what it has done– it will have no one to protect it from God and no one to intercede; whatever ransom it may offer will not be accepted. Such are those who are damned by their own actions: they will have boil- ing water to drink and a painful punishment, because they used to defy [God].

59The dis- believers should not think they have won; they cannot escape.

5When the [four] forbidden months are over, whereverb you encounter the idolaters,c kill them, seize them, besiege them, wait for them at every lookout post; but if they turn [to God], maintain the prayer, and pay the prescribed alms, let them go on their way, for God is most forgiving and merciful. 6If any one of the idolaters should seek your protection [Prophet], grant it to him so that he may hear the word of God, then take him to a place safe for him, for they are people with no knowledge [of it]. 7How could there be a treaty with God and His Messenger for such idolaters? But as for those with whom you made a treaty at the Sacred Mosque, so long as they remain true to you, be true to them; God loves those who are mind- ful of Him. 8[How,] when, if they were to get the upper hand over you, they would not respect any tie with you, of kinship or of treaty? They please you with their tongues, but their hearts are against you and most of them are lawbreakers.

80You [Prophet] see many of them allying themselves with the disbelievers. How terrible is what their souls have stored up for them: God is angry with them and they will remain tormented.

96 [Prophet], you are sure to find them clinging to life more eagerly than any other people, even the polytheists. Any of them would wish to be given a life of a thousand years, though even such a long life would not save them from the torment: God sees everything they do.

191Kill them wherever you encounter them,d and drive them out from where they drove you out, for persecution is more serious than killing.e Do not fight them at the Sacred Mosque unless they fight you there. If they do fight you, kill them– this is what such disbelievers deserve.

As you can see, it is not too difficult for a follower of Islam to consider the wests foreign policy in Arab lands as an act of aggression and Muslims need to fight and kill all unbelieving aggressors wherever they find them. I know that most Muslims don't take these commands to kill unbelievers literally, but a lot do consider America and Britain to be unbelievers at war with Islam and justify Muslims who carry out terrorist attacks against the west as legitimate.

Also now that the war in Iraq is over, it is Muslims (sunni and shia) killing each other over the different interpretations of the Quran. Boko haram killing Christians in Nigeria due a different interpretation of Gods words. Taliban shooting little girls in Pakistan.. Apostates be heeded in Saudi Arabia. A young man beheaded in broad daylight on the streets of London with many Muslims calling the murderer a hero and saying they have no sympathy for his mother.

If you agree with me that Islam promotes hatred of non believers, violence and murder and decide to leave Islam and become an atheist, what will be your punishment according to sharia law?
The punishment for apostasy is death! How is this not violent? There is no way out for you is there. You have to be a Muslim for life even if you disagree with the violence committed in the name of your religion. I hope that one day you find the mental strength to see through it all and accept people as equal whether Muslims, Christians, atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, etc.
We are all evoved out of Africa and want peace, equal rights, justice, unity etc . Atheists are good people too you know. We don't want to be beheaded or pay a jizya.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Mssn Lautech Commences Orientation Week 1435ah / The Last Sermon Of The Prophet Muhammad SAW / You Will Die The Way You Live' - Choose Your Path

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.