Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

My Gold Gift To Abacha Worked Against Me – Fatusi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Gold Gift To Abacha Worked Against Me – Fatusi (669 Views)

Ronaldo Reveals The Best Manager He's Ever Worked With / Ibrahimovic: Mourinho The Most Intelligent Coach I’ve Worked With / My 30k Gift To Nairaland Gunners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Gold Gift To Abacha Worked Against Me – Fatusi by ogayor: 4:14pm On Jun 08, 2013
Teslim Fatusi was favourite for a starting role at the Atlanta ’96 Olympic Games after he emerged as the national U-23 team’s leading scorer during the qualifiers. But when Nigeria played their Group D opening game against Hungary in the men’s football tournament of the Atlanta Games on July 21, 1996, the Switzerland-based winger was surprisingly dropped to the bench by coach Jo Bonfrere.

The Servette star found himself in the same situation when the team beat Japan 2-0 two days after defeating Hungary 1-0.

Fatusi finally got his chance to play in the tournament when he replaced Tijani Babangida in the 81st minute against Brazil on July 25. Nigeria lost the encounter after the Dream Team could not find an answer as Ronaldo’s 31st minute gold helped the South Americans claim three points to top the group. His electrifying runs and deft touches were the hallmark of his game and he made a big impression in the encounter.
Read more http://waleayorinde.wix.com/sisracconsulting#!sports/c9cl
Re: My Gold Gift To Abacha Worked Against Me – Fatusi by Syenite(m): 9:22am On Jun 10, 2013
So?what a clueless story. In an attack dat had Victor Ikpeba, Daniel Amokachi & Nwankwo Kanu & with Tijani Babangida & Emma Amunike playin from d wings, J-J Okocha @ d center, Sunday Oliseh & Garba Lawal Def midfield & Mubi Oparaku, Taribo West, Uche Okechukwu & Celestine Babayaro in d defence. Wilson Oruma, Karibe Ojigwe & Kingsley Obieku were also in dat squad. U dey find starting jersey. U no thank God say u make the trip sef.

(1) (Reply)

Would You Like To Make Money From Football Betting / Mikel Scores Again / Keshi's Interview On His Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.