Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Life In America And The Culture shock - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In America And The Culture shock (1726 Views)

This New Plane Designed For American President Will Shock You (photos) - See Mor / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria / Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life In America And The Culture shock by Davidoff2000: 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2013
So I stumbled on an unflattering article one of shara reporters wrote about american life. So I just want to take it from another angle for those of u who live, have lived or intend to live in America.

How has america treated you in terms of the culture shock, discrimination, segregation opportunities and integration into the society? Wat of papers? Residency? Immigration status and all. How did you cope with problems with accent? Coming from a cash economy to a cashless one, how did u cope and adjust? If u came wit a Nigerian degree, how did u get ur degree to be accepted?

How did u get work? How did u cope with student loans and mortgage? How about daily interactions with other nationals? How did u reconscile demands bak home with the reality of few dollars? How long did it take u to make it? If u relocated, why did u leave? Wat advice will u give others coming to america in terms of survival? Education, work? Marriage? Etc?

Ur contributions may change the destinies of a few.
Re: Life In America And The Culture shock by Nobody: 2:04am On Jun 09, 2013
you asked too many questions.....

Davidoff2000: Wat advice will u give others coming to america in terms of survival? Education, work? Marriage? Etc?

Ur contributions may change the destinies of a few.

Dude your sentence was irritating me so i had to rewrite it...What advice would you give to others coming to the U.S in terms of survival, education, work, and marriage?

The only advice i would get to Negros coming to the U.S is to leave 419 mentality behind: it will you get you locked up for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Life In America And The Culture shock by Davidoff2000: 9:34am On Jun 09, 2013
Tnx bro. But do people go to the US wit the desire to do 419? Me thinks wen they get der, things bevomes difficult then they try to exploit loopholes in d system after understanding how the system works.
Anyway,so how did u adjust to life in the US?
Re: Life In America And The Culture shock by euromoney(f): 11:12am On Jun 09, 2013
Fed up reading about America this,America that all the time.this topic and post has been discussed here more than hundred times on here.abegi!
Re: Life In America And The Culture shock by Davidoff2000: 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2013
Can u post links pls?
Re: Life In America And The Culture shock by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
Davidoff2000: Tnx bro. But do people go to the US wit the desire to do 419? Me thinks wen they get der, things bevomes difficult then they try to exploit loopholes in d system after understanding how the system works.
Anyway,so how did u adjust to life in the US?

adjusting is very easy....just do the right things....know someone that cares about you....have a place to live....and a plan to advance your life...and voila you will make it....

(1) (Reply)

Countries In West Africa / General Canadian Student Visa Enquiries / 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.