Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? (10199 Views)

Otox!!! Is There Light In UNIPORT Now? / Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure / PHCN Strike: Is There Light In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by bigass(f): 10:17pm On Jun 08, 2013
I noticed that when people call home during work hours or anytime they are not at home. This question always comeS up. Is there light? Are they expecting a miracle?

3 Likes

Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by uboma(m): 10:47pm On Jun 08, 2013
I ask the same question to know if I should buy more fuel for the generator on my way back from work.

8 Likes

Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by specialguest(f): 11:45pm On Jun 08, 2013
Funny question o as if if there is no light you wont go back home. The most painful part is usually after you have been told there is light and you rush excitedly home just in time to catch a glimpse of that ceiling fan slowly rotating before it comes to a complete stop. Which means they took the light again just when you were about entering the gate. Haha that is what i call gobe.

49 Likes

Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2013
3rd to comment..not doing bad..I know some day soon, I go enter first

1 Like

Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by NessaFresh(f): 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by NessaFresh(f): 12:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
specialguest: Funny question o as if if there is no light you wont go back home. The most painful part is usually after you have been told there is light and you rush excitedly home just in time to catch a glimpse of that ceiling fan slowly rotating before it comes to a complete stop. Which means they took the light again just when you were about entering the gate. Haha that is what i call gobe.
on point noni
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by Emmykeyz(m): 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
Na wa oh! Gast prepare my kind na! U know like if no light for house, charge my gadgets etc
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by lonelydora: 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
I do it to know if to come home or hang out with frinds after work.

3 Likes

Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by Chinwem(f): 12:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
Funny thread !!!

Some questions are asked only in Nigeria ( and maybe a few other places on this earth )

1 Like

Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by yuzedo: 12:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
op why is ur name bigass? Are u a large donkey? undecided

Anywayyyyyyy dey didn't use to take ligth in my house becos am reach and leave in a grate neborhood call Banana Iceland! Tenk smiley

12 Likes

Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
in a country like Nigeria, asking silly questions is not always stupidity, but taking Precautions. No be PHCN use generator do promo dat tym. So how pesin fit take explain dat One?

1 Like

Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
specialguest: Funny question o as if if there is no light you wont go back home. The most painful part is usually after you have been told there is light and you rush excitedly home just in time to catch a glimpse of that ceiling fan slowly rotating before it comes to a complete stop . Which means they took the light again just when you were about entering the gate. Haha that is what i call gobe.
Nigerians de suffer o..
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
yuzedo: op why is ur name bigass? Are u a large donkey? Anywayyyyyyy dey didn't use to take ligth in my house becos am reach and leave in a grate neborhood call Banana Iceland! Tenk
wise up man. Dis style don old!

7 Likes

Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by Suntemi(m): 12:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
Thanks for reminding me. Make I call ask now.

1 Like

Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by NessaFresh(f): 12:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
yuzedo: op why is ur name bigass? Are u a large donkey? undecided

Anywayyyyyyy dey didn't use to take ligth in my house becos am reach and leave in a grate neborhood call Banana Iceland! Tenk smiley

Guy i just checked ur pic.ur so fuuckin cute mwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by Codedrock(m): 12:22pm On Jun 09, 2013
I think this is a very S.TUPID QUESTION,@poster, shey no go charge your pc,phone, you no go watch good movies?
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by ATMCARD2(m): 12:24pm On Jun 09, 2013
bigass: I noticed that when people call home during work hours or anytime they are not at home. This question always comeS up. Is there light? Are they expecting a miracle?
.Is dis 1 a qtn or wat?Are u nt a Nigrian or illegal immigrant?Report ursef nw
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by yuzedo: 12:25pm On Jun 09, 2013
NessaFresh:

Guy i just checked ur pic.ur so fuuckin cute mwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin
So ya secretely checkin me out?? She want me, truss mee.... wink wink
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 09, 2013
why we no go ask am no b nija we dey?

1 Like

Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by patholaw: 12:27pm On Jun 09, 2013
I call just to prep my mind towards going to face d heat or enjoy d cool air....

2 Likes

Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by Rexnegro(m): 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
patholaw: I call just to prep my mind towards going to face d heat or enjoy d cool air....

Yea u re right bro...and perhaps maybe to also charge ur fone(s) and do some ironing
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by fittty(m): 12:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
Why are there so many dumb topics on nairaland FP? angry
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by ACM10: 12:32pm On Jun 09, 2013
grin
I called my cousin a while ago to know if there is light. With erratic and epileptic power supply in Nigeria, such call is necessary. grin
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by Emusan(m): 12:39pm On Jun 09, 2013
bigass: I noticed that when people call home during work hours or anytime they are not at home. This question always comeS up. Is there light? Are they expecting a miracle?

I don't even need to ask because we enjoy light pass GEJ in my area. Before I left for work there'll still be light if I come back I will meet light, if I open my eyes in the night light dey.
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by olenyi: 12:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
specialguest: Funny question o as if if there is no light you wont go back home. The most painful part is usually after you have been told there is light and you rush excitedly home just in time to catch a glimpse of that ceiling fan slowly rotating before it comes to a complete stop. Which means they took the light again just when you were about entering the gate. Haha that is what i call gobe.

This had me cracking up. Phew!!!! Happens most times. grin grin
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by olenyi: 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2013
Emusan:

I don't even need to ask because we enjoy light pass GEJ in my area. Before I left for work there'll still be light if I come back I will meet light, if I open my eyes in the night light dey.

I hear. tongue tongue tongue
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
Olekumaster:
wise up man. Dis style don old!
No mind am, because some people tell am say him funny we no go hear word again
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by Rednose: 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
If there's no electricity supply, why go home? Darkness & lack of electricity depresses me. However, I'd like to know why people still leave their fuel generators on all night with little or no ventilation around the house.

Living with fumes of death: More Nigerians dying from inhaling generator fumes

http://www.punchng.com/feature/living-with-fumes-of-death-more-nigerians-dying-from-inhaling-generator-fumes/
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by Afam4eva(m): 12:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
NessaFresh:

That's Yvonne Okoro.
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by ShobayoEmma(m): 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
i call to ask jurt to knw if i should bring home seasonal films
Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by RedLight1: 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
all these things will soon be a thing of the past, and we shall joke about them in the future.
yes, am hopeful smiley

3 Likes

Re: You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why? by tiarm: 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2013
Loooooooolz grin......
Olekumaster: in a country like Nigeria, asking silly questions is not always stupidity, but taking Precautions. No be PHCN use generator do promo dat tym. So how pesin fit take explain dat One?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency Summons Matawalle Over Insecurity In Zamfara / Plateau South Women, Youths Faults Sahara Reporters Report On Senator Daduut / Economic Overhaul Raises Hopes For Nigeria’s New Leader - Financial Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.