Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. (3289 Views)

Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? / Nigerians Are Making Money On Google Trader. Don't Miss Out / Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by geebehn(m): 12:26am On Jun 09, 2013
Its a pity that i myself is now a victim of a seller on google trader nigeria despite all reports being made by other members that in one way or the other experienced this.
Guyz, i would have love you to hear the voice of that gentle man, very fluent and full of convidence, he even swore with his life and at the end of the day he was able to convince me with his 'honey' coated lies.Poor me...
Well to cut the long story short here are their details.,so dnt deal with them..
1. MIKE KOLAWOLE
he claimed he stays in abuja.
2. JOSEPH UDUEBOR
ACCOUNT DETAILS
Uduebor joseph, Acc no 3043406437. First bank..
Is there really a way to deal with these fraudsters that tarnish our country's image?
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:37am On Jun 09, 2013
What did u buy?
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by uboma(m): 3:09am On Jun 09, 2013
please provide more details. We could learn a thing or two...
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by never2late: 3:18am On Jun 09, 2013
If you can analyze all what happen between you and them ,I can assure you that you can get hold of them.This is computer age definitely they will soon be exposed.
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by geebehn(m): 9:51am On Jun 09, 2013
This is my story:
I wanted to buy a laptop worth #30,000 so i decided to head over to google trader nigeria since this will be my 1st time of dealing with any sellers there.
There, i saw this man's posts on some laptops (within the range of the money i have on me) so gave him a phone call immediately.
He told me he stays in abuja while at that time, i was in osun state capital. He told me he sells hp mini laptop for as low as 20,000 and some for 25,000 and my mind decided to settle with this guy to make my purchase.
I called him the next day to know how exactly the goods will get to my destination & he told me i have to pay a sum of 5,000 to the carrier that will transport it.,'no problem' i said to him. Then i began to have doubts within me that it might just be a scam.
Few hours later i made my friend to call him with his number and he framed the same story,the samethn happened the nxt day when we used another number to call him. After this process, i put my trust in him and i later requested for the account number in which i'll deposit the 5,000.He sent me the bellow account details:
Uduebor joseph, Acc no 3043406437. First bank..AND i paid into the account,forward the teller number and my address to that MR. MIKE KOLAWOLE as i was instructed to do.
Few minutes later, mr. mike phoned me that his carrier said he wont like to receive cash and the bank would have closed before he gets to my destination and then he sent me his phone number (MR. UDUEBOR JOSEPH 08163911530) . This was when i came to my senses..
I called MR. JOSEPH & he told me that he has my goods with him & i should pay fully so that it would get to me on time and that he wont like to receive cash from me., i told him its never done because am the one that has upper hands in this particular deals, i ended the call and phoned MR. MIKE knowingfully well now that have been scamed already, i told him am not okay with the carrier's decisions,he then suggest that i should send my bank details so that he will return my money, but since that time MR MIKE ND UDUEBOR JOSEPH'S number were switched off and no alert from my bank...
"poor me"
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by uboma(m): 10:05am On Jun 09, 2013
geebehn: This is my story:
I wanted to buy a laptop worth #30,000 so i decided to head over to google trader nigeria since this will be my 1st time of dealing with any sellers there.
There, i saw this man's posts on some laptops (within the range of the money i have on me) so gave him a phone call immediately.
He told me he stays in abuja while at that time, i was in osun state capital. He told me he sells hp mini laptop for as low as 20,000 and some for 25,000 and my mind decided to settle with this guy to make my purchase.
I called him the next day to know how exactly the goods will get to my destination & he told me i have to pay a sum of 5,000 to the carrier that will transport it.,'no problem' i said to him. Then i began to have doubts within me that it might just be a scam.
Few hours later i made my friend to call him with his number and he framed the same story,the samethn happened the nxt day when we used another number to call him. After this process, i put my trust in him and i later requested for the account number in which i'll deposit the 5,000.He sent me the bellow account details:
Uduebor joseph, Acc no 3043406437. First bank..AND i paid into the account,forward the teller number and my address to that MR. MIKE KOLAWOLE as i was instructed to do.
Few minutes later, mr. mike phoned me that his carrier said he wont like to receive cash and the bank would have closed before he gets to my destination and then he sent me his phone number (MR. UDUEBOR JOSEPH 08163911530) . This was when i came to my senses..
I called MR. JOSEPH & he told me that he has my goods with him & i should pay fully so that it would get to me on time and that he wont like to receive cash from me., i told him its never done because am the one that has upper hands in this particular deals, i ended the call and phoned MR. MIKE knowingfully well now that have been scamed already, i told him am not okay with the carrier's decisions,he then suggest that i should send my bank details so that he will return my money, but since that time MR MIKE ND UDUEBOR JOSEPH'S number were switched off and no alert from my bank...
"poor me"

Really poor you. sorry about your loss but did he say the laptops were new ones or used?
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by geebehn(m): 10:12am On Jun 09, 2013
uboma:

Really poor you. sorry about your loss but did he say the laptops were new ones or used?

He told me the laptop is in a very good condition.
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by webpower84: 11:20am On Jun 09, 2013
Nnaa Oga sorry....ooo but Next time you have to be more careful even if you go to computer village and you don't shine your eyes........ omo your name go be sorry. The best thing is to bring the computer for you and you pay him on delivery or you go to his office. Is as simple as that. Thank God that the money is small
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by miqos02(m): 11:40am On Jun 09, 2013
@open. sorry for your experience, but next time try to verify people's physical addresses before paying into their account. 25k is no small money
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2013
Take his account 2 d bank and involve the bank manager! + police
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by REDBULL1(m): 11:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
I have been on google trader recently and I have been very sceptical about the UK used laptops I have seen there. Most of them are ridiculously cheap even for Used laptops. Most of them claim to be in Lagos. One should check it out first or ask someone to do so. i would like to know if someone has had a successful transacttion there.
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by tony4244(m): 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2013
the same thing happened to me i dropped their numbers and account with the police. dont know if the police did anything about it.
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by jice(m): 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
It is a pity.
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by alakara(m): 4:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
I av a solution 2 dis scamming of a thing involving the buyer and the seller.if u want 2 buy anything over d net or frm sbdy smwhr,and both the buyer and seller had contacted thmselves.B4 u make any payment u may contact me on alakara2015@gmail.com
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by ogbongenet: 9:03pm On Aug 25, 2013
sorry pal..i almost fall for dis same guy mike,but i quikly come to my senses when he asked me to go pay half of d payment,so when i get my laptop i should pay d remaining balance,immediately i know dat dis guy is scammer.
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by adorablevincy: 8:11am On Aug 26, 2013
The MTN no of d so called Mr. Joseph rings but no one is picking it. He can be traced anyway if รบ can report the matter to the appropriate quarters.
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by Joel3(m): 1:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
these are one of the reasons i do not recommend buy electronic over the internet. only buy things physically and with receipts. before i bought my mini laptop. i went all over the internet. including google trader, even here in nairaland. i could not deal because i am not into paying into a bank account or to use a transport service. which i find funny. although the might be cheap and attracting but it doesn't worth it. until i made up my mind to the close buy shops where the sell laptops in my location. i finally find a good and fast mini with high configuration even cheaper as i could thought. after i left there something bad happen i notice some keys not working. i had to g back and the seller has no choice than to use his money to buy a new set of laptop key board and replace it. so what i am saying is
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by Joel3(m): 2:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
one need to buy something in a location from it locally base. outside f been scam what if you got problem with the products? it will be difficult to retrieve the money or replacement of the items. internet is only a means to connect you to the seller it then left for you to meet in person and buy from a base office not a roadside most especially from a distance place. lessons learnt. even my friend tried to buy bb online. they both concluded on price is now to exchange the seller had to send first to it relative in the buyers state which is my friend. but when my friend say the phone physically he has a change of heart as the phone doesn't worth it very old and rough. this are some of the reasons.
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by showietee: 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
when dealing wit issues like this, one has to be very careful, its like black market.
Have once checked on one of the office address posted by a dealer on google trade and i discover the address was null. Months later while ransacking my stuffs i noticed the same address on one of my old receipt.

If i had proceed wit such dealing without the address confirmation, i might end up been swinedled....

Afterwards, i remember that invoice booklet is been sold at alaba int' market wit company name on it to a different person....imagine company of A issuing receipt wit name of D on it.
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by kedukc(m): 5:16am On Aug 27, 2013
sad
Re: Its Another Scam Report From Google Trader Nigeria. by lolexzy: 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2013
Google Trader Nigeria? I reserve my comment.

(1) (Reply)

Hybitrage Is A Ponzy Scheme, Stay Away From It! / Get Your Business Plan On A Small Scale Soya Beans Processing Factory / Nylon Manufacturing Company In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.