Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:21 PM

Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? (2165 Views)

What Do You Gain From Watching A Wrestling Movie? / What Do You Benefit From Watching The Big Brother Africa Show? / Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? by nenergy(m): 1:41am On Jun 09, 2013
So i have been taken some online Hindi lessons because i am meeting my Indian friend and his family soon. I was practising yesterday (trying to impress a friend) when he said he knows someone who learnt to speak and understand Hindi from watching Indian Movies. So House, Can one learn Hindi from watching Indian Movies?

Re: Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? by Afam4eva(m): 1:50am On Jun 09, 2013
Except you make a conscious attempt to do so. I've watched a lot of hindi movies and have only being able to learn a few words.

1 Like

Re: Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? by Kuljoe(m): 2:50am On Jun 09, 2013
I wuld say u can but u would av 2 tak d hindi lessons 1st. Then u can practice from indian films. . . Be determined to learn it . . .

1 Like

Re: Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? by nenergy(m): 3:08am On Jun 09, 2013
Kuljoe: I wuld say u can but u would av 2 tak d hindi lessons 1st. Then u can practice from indian films. . . Be determined to learn it . . .

aapse milkar accha laga- It's been nice meeting you.lol
Re: Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? by nenergy(m): 3:08am On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva: Except you make a conscious attempt to do so. I've watched a lot of hindi movies and have only being able to learn a few words.
I agree..
Re: Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 5:51am On Jun 09, 2013
I think it is possible as others have said BUT do not try to learn Yoruba by watching 'English-subs' Yoruba films... you go lost and na only swear you go dey swear to people... bekos those their 'subs' can get k-leg lol grin
Re: Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? by nenergy(m): 6:34am On Jun 09, 2013
VillageBoi: I think it is possible as others have said BUT do not try to learn Yoruba by watching 'English-subs' Yoruba films... you go lost and na only swear you go dey swear to people... bekos those their 'subs' can get k-leg lol grin
Nigerian subtitles are generally unimpressive.lol
Re: Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? by Bigcake: 7:40am On Jun 09, 2013
Nooooo, na Calabar u go learn
Re: Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? by specialguest(f): 7:58am On Jun 09, 2013
So you want to learn hindi to impress an indian girl. In any case just make sure you get the movies with correct interpretations else if you buy those made in aba interpreted in kano dvd's you might end up telling her the complete opposite of what you mean.

Hello- Namaste
How are you doing - apka kese hou
Yes- hanji
No- nahi
Food- cana
Water- pani
Girl- larki , boy - larka
Money- paisa
Crazy- pagal
Challo- lets go
Re: Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? by nenergy(m): 10:19am On Jun 09, 2013
specialguest: So you want to learn hindi to impress an indian girl. In any case just make sure you get the movies with correct interpretations else if you buy those made in aba interpreted in kano dvd's you might end up telling her the complete opposite of what you mean.

Hello- Namaste
How are you doing - apka kese hou
Yes- hanji
No- nahi
Food- cana
Water- pani
Girl- larki , boy - larka
Money- paisa
Crazy- pagal
Challo- lets go
Hahahaha! Dear future wife, there is a girl in the family,but its the mother i was thinking of 'wowing'.lol Thanks for the short lesson. *stares in your eyes and winks*

1 Like

Re: Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? by specialguest(f): 11:01am On Jun 09, 2013
nenergy:
Hahahaha! Dear future wife, there is a girl in the family,but its the mother i was thinking of 'wowing'.lol Thanks for the short lesson. *stares in your eyes and winks*

To wooh the mother be sure to greet her Namaste Auntie upon arrival. And before leaving remember to thank the mum by saying shukriah or daniwaad. Another tip is to buy sweets when going, most Indians appreciate this gesture. Goodluck future husband!

1 Like

Re: Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? by samlexxy: 3:35am On Jun 10, 2013
Pls where can I download Bollywood movies with english subtitle..pls I need it asapPls where can I download Bollywood movies with english subtitle..pls I need it asapPls where can I download Bollywood movies with english subtitle..pls I need it asap
Re: Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? by Kuljoe(m): 4:05am On Jun 11, 2013
nenergy:

aapse milkar accha laga- It's been nice meeting you.lol
nice meeting you bro. . .
Re: Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? by nenergy(m): 5:43am On Jun 11, 2013
specialguest: Challo- lets go
This one sounds like Jallo in yoruba, also meaning Let's go.lol
Re: Can One Learn Hindi From Watching Indian Movies? by samlexxy: 9:37am On Jun 29, 2013
Namaste...pls where can I download bollywood movies with english subtitles??

(1) (Reply)

How To Subscribe Gotv Yourself | All The Self Service Package / Urgent Casting Call For Tomorrow Sat, Jan 2010 / Alaasari Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.