Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested (12238 Views)

10 Killed, 5 Injured As 2 Suicide Bombers Hit Kano / 3 Killed, 5 Burnt In Ibadan Tanker Fire / Abuja Rally Tragedy: 1 Dies, 5 Injured In Lagos PDP Women Car Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by ayd91(m): 11:44am On Jun 09, 2013
MASSOB as far as I am concerned is just another ploy by some politically ambitious individuals to achieve political significance. Its a shame that this is done at the risk of the lives (and belly) of the indigenous population.

Is Biafra really still achievable? Ask the guys behind you.
Not sure, what i am sure of is, it will as usual serve a few more than it would serve the masses and its citizens would blame Nigeria for its woes just as Nigerians currently incessantly blame Britain for our woes.

Ethnic diversity isn't the reason we've not succeeded, those few individuals in high places are, and we are just as guilty as they are.

Come Biafra, Arewa, Oduduwa. Those same people would continue to loot and rule, while you and the guys behind you shout fraud.

Lets Take advantage of what we have now and make the best of it. This one leg in and another out isn't going to help this Nation. God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by Fesisko(m): 11:46am On Jun 09, 2013
Moshood91: Is MASSOB a violent group?
No.
Then, why attack them?
Cowardice
you mean setting vehicles ablaze and blocking high way, looting and cursing innocent passengers untold hardship in not a violent act? huh!
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by Okijajuju: 11:51am On Jun 09, 2013
kalunomics: Miscreants will always seize any of such opportunity to perpetrate evil and everybody will label it MASSOB. That is why students can never stage any peaceful protest.

Nice one.,,

I'm surprised you didn't blame it on insurgents. grin

Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by bishop4life(m): 11:54am On Jun 09, 2013
at least i comfirmed the accident,they were being pursued from a filling station along modebe avenue(besides)nado retuarant where they stoped to refill thier vehicle and clashed by modebe/iweka road.

but op, when did onitsha become anambra state capital?
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by udokpuenyi(m): 11:55am On Jun 09, 2013
Fesisko: you mean setting vehicles ablaze and blocking high way, looting and cursing innocent passengers untold hardship in not a violent act? huh!

As you were told and you just believed that crap HLS, pls put on your thinking cap

Ask of police pro in Lagos by name Ngozi B. and how she can turn white into black
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by ochukoccna: 11:55am On Jun 09, 2013
10 killed, 5 injured, 4 arrested angry
Such is the love Igbo's get from their 'brother' the president cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by omiobo: 11:58am On Jun 09, 2013
Nothing can be gained in creating unpeaceful atmosphere. Years back Nigeria was seen as one of the happiest nation,it is now rated among the most insecure nations. We have lost it all because of lack of genuine love. Greediness has taken the place of love in our hearts. We now see the people grew up together as our enemy. Our leaders have succeeded in employing most of our youths of today in breaking the bond that bind us together as a nation.
It is hightime we the educated ones educate the less priviledge to make amend, and together devote our time and strength to ensure this nation grow to become our dream nation. No matter what this nation will stand,if you allow yourself to be used for evil,evil will come upon you. Many has lost their lives as a result of ignorance. This should open our eyes to see that this nation will stand the tests and trials of time.

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 09, 2013
Okija juju: And some reeetards said the protest was peaceful and nobody was forced to comply. I guess the Nigerian security forces vandalised the luxurious bus and set the tanker ablaze

We never serious yet for this country. .
..I need to understand your POV on Nigerian security issues,boko haram,MEND.MASSOB,Ombatse,etc.all the bodies violent and non violent alike who have been struggling for recognition and relevance in this country.and I also would like to hear your suggestion on how security problem can be handled better.
What would you suggest the govt and the people do to ensure fairness and justice to all the citizenry?just give me your candid opinion.free from bias and ethnicity.thanks
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by BUSHMAN1: 12:26pm On Jun 09, 2013
MASSOB? what/who the hell is MASSOB?
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by ikwerreguy1: 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2013
IGBO PPL no get liver...
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by biodunid: 12:48pm On Jun 09, 2013
My people keep forgetting that Biafra possesses only 3% of naija land mass but maybe 20% of the population and that this the real reason they are all over the place - not because they love other lands or are more adventurous but sheer necessity. Upshot is that Biafra needs Nigeria more than Nigeria needs Biafra. As for the Igbo / Ijaw alliance, we all know how that will end. Attached is a break down of land mass for the various regions. Things are so bad that you can fit the whole of Biafra into old Oyo, Bendel or even current Benue. BTW naija itself is already five times as densely populated as the US - half the population on 10% of the land. We should be thinking of how to bring about the United States of west Africa with nine times our current land mass and only 180% of our population to provide lebenstraum for us and not this braindead fixation with a solution that did not work 40 years ago and won't work today. My people should study these numbers and understand their import before Uwazurike causes them to make the most regrettable decision. As for relations between Biafra and rump Nigeria if a break up ever happens, I ask you to cast your gaze on the two Sudans or the two Koreas even after over 60 years.

4 Likes

Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by gbadexy(m): 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
pappythinko: I have failed to understand what these MASSOB people are really driving at.... Itx beyond me. I rest my thumb as I await a good response.. smh rigorously!!!!!!
The reason for the sit at home is partially in respect of the slain igbo in the north but I fear the major reason is to set a precedence for future reasons.
Its still something some can relate with this their request/order but subsequent ones may be for some irrelevant purpose to the ordinary man and solely for their personal agenda.
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by hardbody: 1:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
lorretta u: ..I need to understand your POV on Nigerian security issues,boko haram,MEND.MASSOB,Ombatse,etc.all the bodies violent and non violent alike who have been struggling for recognition and relevance in this country.and I also would like to hear your suggestion on how security problem can be handled better.
What would you suggest the govt and the people do to ensure fairness and justice to all the citizenry?just give me your candid opinion.free from bias and ethnicity.thanks

You mean you are really and truly joining issues with okija juju? Well, I wish you well. At least when some people speak or write, I know where they are coming from. As for okija, he claims Igbo, but in reality, even his forbears are still trying to decipher their roots which in reality is more Yoruba than Ijaw. Okija will tell you the rest
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by Ndyoo(m): 1:56pm On Jun 09, 2013
yeye newspaper...Tribune abi wetin? How can you say Onitsha is Anambra state capital?
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by Temptee101(m): 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
legendsilver: I am gradually foreseeing a divided Nigeria, na wa o!!!!!!!!!!! lipsrsealed
E get wen Nijaria dey together??
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by Temptee101(m): 2:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
Ndyoo: yeye newspaper...Tribune abi wetin? How can you say Onitsha is Anambra state capital?
Me sef tire o
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by brownlord: 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
BUSH MAN: MASSOB? what/who the hell is MASSOB?

Some jobless, shopless, marketless miscreant fighting for a foolish course. They are from one foolish region of the country, am sure you know the region am talking about
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2013
Soldiers and other security agents, I believe, were asked to patrol roads because they foresaw a situation where people that might not want to be part of the sit-at-home directive would be prevented by MASS0B from going about their businesses. The action of MASSOB on itself would, and even later became an infringement on the people's FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHT OF MOVEMENT.
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by REVOLUTNIS: 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
When will MASSOB be serious and take up gun for goodness sake
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by onyekabe(m): 8:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
REVOLUTNIS: When will MASSOB be serious and take up gun for goodness sake
if MASSOB take up arms they will only destroy thier environment. Just the way they looted some shop at Ochanja
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by dmcdad: 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2013
eduson33: hevery tribe really as is own tout..but these men may not be tout.
hevery body must not be hay tout..
Sorry... Is this English or what? Jeez!
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by chinononackins: 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
Endurance my people, Violence is never the key

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by UMUNNAWUIKE: 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2013
d only solution 2 all dis crises is just 2 divide dis country into 2.Nigeria is 2 big 2 be a country,so many ethnic n religious groups dat hate each oda
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by babadem2much(m): 9:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
emalek: na by force to sit down 4 houx' massob na so una govt wan b?

dat 1 na govt of d massob by d jobless n d mindless. dis 1 na im be pure dictatorship dis ship go soon sink b dat. relax e go reach una 1 day
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by 99cent: 10:12pm On Jun 09, 2013
this is just the tip of the iceberg of what the "future biafra" will resemble.
chaos, destruction and worse predicament than present Nigeria.

some people need to learn to appreciate what they have and work towards its improvement.
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by Dibiachukwu: 2:48am On Jun 10, 2013
gbadexy: I said it on a thread on the update of sit at home in the east that the reason for the seemingly compliance is due to fear of not having their ware raided by miscreants and not to get caught in the crossfire with security forces.
That's the reason for the success of most sit at homes.
The ordinary struggling man would rather go about his business if assured of adequate security.
When massob are ready to force Nigeria into a referendum. They should call me. Ordinary Igbomen want out of your hell hole. Stop deceiving yourselve.
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by Abrakhan: 4:45am On Jun 10, 2013
Sealeddeal: i do not see the reason why nigerian military will keep hunting for MASSOB members.
sorry joh! I wish u quick recovery.
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by Abrakhan: 4:47am On Jun 10, 2013
Sealeddeal: i do not see the reason why nigerian military will keep hunting for MASSOB members.
Re: MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested by Okijajuju: 10:27am On Jun 10, 2013
lorretta u: ..I need to understand your POV on Nigerian security issues,boko haram,MEND.MASSOB,Ombatse,etc.all the bodies violent and non violent alike who have been struggling for recognition and relevance in this country.and I also would like to hear your suggestion on how security problem can be handled better.

[b]Hmmmm.. I'll tackle them one at a time..

Boko haram: This group is a terrorist group. I say this because though they claim to be fighting for The protection of their faith, you and I know that they have no real purpose for fighting. Also their methodology of fighting has claimed lot of innocent lives and infringed on the rights of others.. For Boko Haram, I say 'extinguish them.. Don't negotiate with terrorists'.

MEND, NDVF, NDLF, e.t.c.: All these I classify them as a semi-terrorist group. Although they have made genuine points to support their cause, their methodology has also resulted in the deaths and injury of many innocent Nigerians. For this group, I suggest that their demands be looked into and the militant aspect of their movement be crushed by force.

MASSOB, BAKKASSI BOYS, BIAFRAN ZIONIST MOVEMENT, e.t.c: These groups I classify under 'Rebel groups'.. Reason being that their ultimate mission is the division of this country and as a Nigerian, I find that unacceptable. Their methodology has violent tendencies and they are an ethnically charged group who have taken the law into their hands severally. Their actions have resulted in the death of people (both Northern and even easterners), they have been used severally by politicians to upset the polity on many occasions and these group have a high propensity for violence. Non of the above mentioned groups should be tolerated. Members should be arrested and tried for treason.

OHANEZE: now this group I can live with. Made of of elders and has no militant tendencies. Their methodology is purely via diplomacy. I have no issues with them. They have threatened violence but have never resorted to violence.

OMBATSE:: I'm still not familiar with this group, their mission and objectives. However, I'm well aware of their violent tendencies and I strongly believe that this group should be infiltrated by the SSS, intelligence gathered on them and then they should be destroyed by any and all means necessary including force. They have shown that they have a high propensity for violence, are ethinaically charged and are not afraid to kill.

Simply put, if any group advocates violence, uses violence, infringes on the rights of others, are racially, ethnically and tribally motivated towards violence, then that group must be destroyed by any and all means necessary, irrespective of its ultimate goal.

. The struggle for relevance can be archived without violence or infringing on the rights of others. Look at the Chechen rebels for example.. they are fighting for what i consider a worthy cause, but their methodology has claimed the lives of many many innocent people. The theatre massacre and the school seige is still fresh on my mind. A well organised peaceful protest that doesn't pose a threat to others, using the Internet, a demonstration at international conferences and gatherings like the UN, G-8 summits, etc, Using the media, banners, billboards, radios, e.t.c without violence, vandalism or any other such violent and destructive means. Every group has the right to express themselves without causing a nuisance or interfering with the rights of others.

To ensure freedom and equity for all... Nna men, that one go be long sermon.[/b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Smart Adeyemi Donate 15 Suvs, N600m Hospital Equipments To Constituents / James Entwist Meets With #BringBackOurGirls‬ Group Led By Oby Ezekwesili. Photos / Aggrieved APC Candidates Criticize Amaechi Over Bycott Of Rivers Council Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.