Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos (40244 Views)

Nizamiye Hospital Opens In Abuja(pictures) / Nigeria`s Best Hotel,Intercontinental Hotel, Designed By Nigerian Firms. / Shoprite Opens In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by coolzeal(m): 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2013
wwwkaycom:

$600/night only, peace!
dude $600 for Naija hotel, hell no!
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
wwwkaycom:

$600/night only, peace!
600 wetin? Are you going to find eternal peace in the room?

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by AceVentura: 4:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
yelsew80: How's the hotel connected to Tinubu? Spill it.

This hotel has nothing to do with Tinubu. It's 100% owned by The Milan Group & they're Indians with their corporate head office next door to the hotel @ Kofo Abayomi Street in Victoria Island.

Tinubu has stakes in Oriental & Protea in Ikeja & nothing to do with this hotel.

2 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2013
Aigbofa:

The primary aim of a businessman is to make money. He wouldn't build an hotel in Aba for sentimental reasons, would he?

How dare u mention Aba?? Are u saying that there are not hotels in Aba already. Face the topic biko
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Horus(m): 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
ngozievergreen:

How dare u mention Aba?? Are u saying that there are not hotels in Aba already. Face the topic biko

Do you know how to read and comprehend?

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Jenny20(f): 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
ShyM-X:

You can't franchise a multi-national company like that. You can create a subsidiary, but I doubt they'll allow the franchising of their name especially in a "virgin" territory.

Off course it can be franchise, and i think it is... Inter- Continental hotel in some countries i have visited were franchise.

Even the Sheraton hotel in some countries i visited was franchise too. I can give you list of those country if you wish and you can make your research.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by itunu8(f): 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
I thought they said he owned Oriental hotel. How can one person own two different hotels in the same city.

Yea.. He does includin de' renaissance hotel here in ikeja.. Dat guy is a nigga!
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by bobthebuilder99(m): 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2013
Shymexx, I'm sorry, but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Please keep quiet. Now the entire first two pages of this thread are covered with your ranting and bull.

Hotels are usually the OPERATORS of buildings, not the builders, or the owners. I build a building and then I hire Sheraton to brand it, and run it. That's how it works. If you thought about it for 5 seconds you would realize that you hear about the government turning buildings into Hotels all the time.

8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.
1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail or tribalize threads.

Afam...please handle this.

2 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:51pm On Jun 09, 2013
I see absolutely no sense in that post...^^^^^^^^^
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by rodeo0070(m): 4:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
AWESOME...
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by bobthebuilder99(m): 4:56pm On Jun 09, 2013
Eko Ile: I see absolutely no sense in that post...^^^^^^^^^

That's because some misguided miscreants using multiple accts have derailed the thread.

1. I build a building
2. I decide to turn it into a hotel
3. I hire Intercontinental to operate the hotel and to put their brand name on the building.

This building is owned by Indians and is operated by the British. It has nothing to do with Tinubu, or any politician. Can we all please get back to the pictures of the building?
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by lomprico(m): 5:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
I-B.:
Awesome.

How come it is taller than Ibadan's cocoa house that has 25 floors?
Full! Is the cocoa house a hotel? Local farmer like u!
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by john650(m): 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2013
How many more hotels can the Lagos market bear? I see hotels springing up everywhere in Lagos and these are not cheap stays. At approx N56,880 ($360) per night, who stays in these hotels. Sooner or later, there will be a glut.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Mogidi: 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2013
Please how many hotels does Tinubu own at the moment?

I must confess he's gonna make a killing on this one, good investment strategy.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by bobthebuilder99(m): 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2013
Mogidi: Please how many hotels does Tinubu own at the moment?

I must confess he's gonna make a killing on this one, good investment strategy.

See what has happened... undecided
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by EkoIle1: 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

That's because some misguided miscreants using multiple accts have derailed the thread.

1. I build a building
2. I decide to turn it into a hotel
3. I hire Intercontinental to operate the hotel and to put their brand name on the building.

This building is owned by Indians and is operated by the British. It has nothing to do with Tinubu, or any politician. Can we all please get back to the pictures of the building?

I meant the poster above yours...
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by omodapson(m): 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva: That brings me to the question, what's the tallest building in NIgeria?

The Stallion Plaza in lagos currently holds that title.

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nonybb: 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
This is Awesome. I think i saw this hotel when i visited lagos last year and i thought it was completed already but now look at it, so splendid
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
Jenny20:
Off course it can be franchise, and i think it is... Inter- Continental hotel in some countries i have visited were franchise.

Even the Sheraton hotel in some countries i visited was franchise too. I can give you list of those country if you wish and you can make your research.

Plausible... However, I don't think it would make business sense to franchise your company in a "virgin" territory. It seems this is their first hotel in Nigeria. Name and branding matters a lot in business.

Anyway, you might be right.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
[s]
bobthebuilder99: Shymexx, I'm sorry, but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Please keep quiet. Now the entire first two pages of this thread are covered with your ranting and bull.

Hotels are usually the OPERATORS of buildings, not the builders, or the owners. I build a building and then I hire Sheraton to brand it, and run it. That's how it works. If you thought about it for 5 seconds you would realize that you hear about the government turning buildings into Hotels all the time.

[/s]

Your post doesn't deserve a reply, tbh.

Re-write it and articulate your point(s) the right way. undecided

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Revolva(m): 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2013
omo i was there when this building was started..omo..dem finish money here i know its owned by one of our leaders who have loted trillions of dollars...
but i wonder who are the people that lodges here....omo for the same nigeria wey poverty wan finish many people all they know is to loot public fund and build 5 star hotels...around the country..
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Akpan107(m): 5:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
Eko Atlantic: Sunday 09 June, 2013
Expectations are high as the InterContinental Hotel in Victoria Island, Lagos, finally opens this month. At 100 metres high, the 23-storey building is the tallest in West Africa. The InterContinental Lagos boasts 358 rooms.

All rooms offer stunning views of views of either the Lagos Creek or the Atlantic Ocean.

With technology playing a key role in enhancing the guest experience, each of the rooms is equipped with high speed broad band services, in-room entertainment with CD, DVD, and VCD displayed on 42” plasma screens. The Club InterContinental rooms offer an experience with Bose music systems and Nespresso Coffee stations offered in each room.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/west-africa-s-tallest-hotel-intercontinental-lagos-opens/149822/
Very good development to the South... Pray the North to Emulate this and stop Boko Haram as Nigeria becomes the fastest growing Economy in Africa. God bless us all. Amen.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 09, 2013
bobthebuilder99: Shymexx, I'm sorry, but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Please keep quiet. Now the entire first two pages of this thread are covered with your ranting and bull.

I pray the chap learns....and to this end, i strongly admonish:

Bertrand Russell said it best..."the whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and the wiser so full of doubts"

2 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nuzo1(m): 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
ShyM-X:
Nice building!

The architecture looks stunning and different from most of the other skyscrapers in Nigeria.

We need to get the Lagos skyline to look like Hong Kong. wink

Yea...I think the architectural design looks different and eye catching from others. Commendable!

However, its time for us to begin to understand that building upwards comes with loads of environmental, financial, managerial, health and social risks/challenges.
Places like Hongkong, New york, Shanghai built upwards cos of lack of space.

In architecture, urban and regional planning, its advised to first put into consideration SPACE when planning.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2013
Not to bring anyone down, but what's stunning about the architecture?

Nigeria needs the hands of architects like Zaha Hadid
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by bigiyaro(m): 6:10pm On Jun 09, 2013
I love lagos

4 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
bigiyaro: I love lagos

How do you say Eko o ni baje in Chinese? I just want to hear what it sounds like.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nuzo1(m): 6:16pm On Jun 09, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Not to bring anyone down, but what's stunning about the architecture?

Nigeria needs the hands of architects like Zaha Hadid

Compare it with some architectural pieces in New York, Doha, Hongkong or Dubai...its a fat joke.

But compare it with what's around Nigeria...it STUNNING!

Besides, Hadid's design cost more.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by kolexy(m): 6:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
I thought they said he owned Oriental hotel. How can one person own two different hotels in the same city.
The hotel is owned by chagouri. This family owns Banana Island, Eko Atlantic and the entire strip of land by the 5 cowrie creek. I met some of the staffs 3 momnts back when I went for medicals in one hospital at Ikoyi.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 09, 2013
DJTee: Please allow me to diffuse the palpable tension before this thread derails into the hopeless depths of an ethno-tribal shooting match. Some quick facts:

The hotel is owned by some "Nigerianised" Indians and has nothing to do with Tinubu.

Hotels are typically a combination of real estate and management. In this case someone has invested in the building and will invite a reputable management company to manage the hotel based on agreed terms. So yes it is a tope of franchise but involves a while lot more a the building must conform to standards inside out.

Airlines (Arik Lagos London route); energy companies (power plants) and oil companies are a few other examples where an investor and operator can agree teems over am asset. Heck, the newly opened Lekki Ikoyi bridge is another Sterling example involving Lagos state & the operator.

Rest the arguments and sheath all swords!

true that

design on the hotel was conceived in 2004

the owners we met were some koras

milan intercontinental

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/hd/nigeria/lagos-hotels

the architects are design group nigeria
http://architecturenigeria.com/

original M&E was CA consultants - then KOA

http://www.koaconsultants.com/hoteltourismprojects.php

those koras shafted the consultants on fees - they refused to pay standard nigerian scale of fees

i have some of the original drawings on my PC [used to be in CA]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Mark Gives SUVs To Priests In Otukpo - Pictures / Gunmen Kill Igboke Ewa (Traditional Ruler) In Ebonyi (Photo) / DELTA State Governorship Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.