Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,298 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” (15795 Views)

P-square Features On BBC's Focus On Africa / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Featured On BBC Outlook / “you Make The World Very Easy” Tonto Dikeh Proves Her Love 4 Iyanya On Her BB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2013
Jenny20:

Was wondering too. wink

What does it mean anyway? Is it a Nigerian name? undecided undecided
It's a Japanese-Spanish name given to a child whose father's uncle aunty step brother nephew niece sister's brother survived an earthquake in Guyana. Hope u got it undecided
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by Effwazobia: 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
So all you jealous mofos, can't just congratulate this young man? Yall hung up on his Efik Ibibio name. I mean yall trully don't see any big deal in a young man that worked so hard at his craft to get to where he is and is able to interview with BBC? Bad belle people as una dey say. Not one single encouraging comment on this guy. I betcha he is doing better than all you broke mofos. Quit hating and start congratulating mofos. If yall continue like this, yall will never make anything out of yourselves (the haters offcourse), because instead of focusing on getting yours, you are busing wasting valuable energy on hating a successful guy wey no even know whether you exist. You people kill me, acting like it is easy to be granted interview by the British Broadcasting Corporation

3 Likes

Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by Revolva(m): 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2013
bu what does Iyanya...interview assist to help Africa Focus....BBC self sometimes dey make me vex
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2013
i've always said this: i wish the e-world was a real world.. some peeps would have been recieving janded slaps. when someone starts making success, some bootlickers would begin to find irrelevant faults. he choosed to answer the name. how does it affects anyyone. thats the same name he used in selling millions... if i were him, i would even change from my real name to Iyanya.. one eediot here is even saying he should have choosed names like dbanj, olamide (iwonder when ffools like you benefit from tribalistic reasoning)... iyanya... ayen eka, ndito akwa ibom edo proud of you... yak me asua eke kpa ke ikot!

2 Likes

Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
Joe50: see ancient oldskul okoro hair style wey him barb... angry d d tin make him to luk as if he's from village lipsrsealed
i just dat kind of hair cut.

low cut is still de best, see dbanj, olamide and so many of dem, even d american musicians dats wat dey cut.
na the same okoro hairstyle dey make ladies cry during his shows. bad belle
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by hugafella(m): 5:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
I DONT KNOW WHY SOME NIGERIANS CAN BE SO CYNICAL. FOR THE BENEFIT OF THOSE NON- NIGERIANS LIKE "OBADIAH777" NIGERIA IS A MULTI ETHNIC COUNTRY OF OVER 250 LANGUAGES. WE LOVE IT SO MUCH. THATS WHAT MAKES US SHINE OUT IN AFRICA.

SO PLS WE LOVE OUR AFRICAN NAMES. IT SIMPLY CYNICAL TO TELL AN AFRICAN TO GO AND CHANGE HIS NAME, BECAUSE YOU FEEL ITS NOT "HIP" ENOUGH.

THIS IS A NIGERIAN FORUM AND YOU WILL FOREVER SEE NIGERIAN NAMES HERE. SO PLS "OBADIAH" GET USED TO IT. ITS THE HEIGHT OF IGNORANCE TO ASK A NIGERIAN TO GO CHANGE HIS NAME. KEEP YOUR IGNORANCE TO YOURSELF DUDE. DONT SPREAD IT HERE.

6 Likes

Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by okposenxavier: 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
obadiah777: WHAT HE NEED TO DO IS GO TO THE REGISTRY AND GET A CHANGE OF NAME FORM AND DO A NAME CHANGE ASAP. THAT WHAT HE NEED TO DO grin

Pikin de worry yu abi? Swallow a rock if you dun like his native name and stop hating!

2 Likes

Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by okposenxavier: 6:12pm On Jun 09, 2013
[quote author=Orikinla]So being on BBC is a big deal?
I was interviewed on BBC News for over an hour in 2003 as a director and writer and I did not make noise about it.[/quote

God loves yu bro!
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by bonetalk(m): 6:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
obadiah777: YEAH HE NEED A TRIP TO THE REGISTRY ASAP. HOPEFULLY HE GETS A SOLICITOR SO THE NAME CHANGE PROCESS CAN BE FAST-TRACKED IN TIME FOR HIS NEXT CONCERT LWKM grin YOU NEED STRONG NECK MUSCLES TO BE ABLE TO PRONOUNCE THAT NAME.
I'm trying to pronounce that name, it sounds funny to me

1 Like

Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
okposenxavier:

Pikin de worry yu abi? Swallow a rock if you dun like his native name and stop hating!
grin
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
bonetalk: I'm trying to pronounce that name, it sounds funny to me
IT SURE IS ONE HECK OF A NAME CHIEF grin
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by Kalif(m): 6:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
Im for go answer inyinya too,nonsense #spits
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by crisycent: 6:42pm On Jun 09, 2013
Can't wait for his show in Manchester. I must catch reach 3 babes that day.....kpekus scarce for UK oooo. grin grin £25 no b joke.
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by gerald09(m): 7:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
Wow! If fink to be a celebrity dis days all u need is as little talent as possible, example the kardashians, jim Iyke, tonto dikeh, people of jersey shore, snooki n jWoww n nw iyanya. I guess talent aint what it use to be n for looks d dude is 2ft tall.
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by Inik(m): 8:23pm On Jun 09, 2013
Jenny20:

Was wondering too. wink

What does it mean anyway? Is it a Nigerian name? undecided undecided
Yes its a Nigerian name. Inyanya Mbuk is from Akwa ibom state in South-south Nigeria smiley We should commend him for using his Nigerian name as his stage name. It shows that he is a man full of confidence and proud of his heritage.
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by pendusky(m): 9:12pm On Jun 09, 2013
obadiah777: WHAT THE HECK KINDA NAME IS IYANYA ?
stars from South South grin

Realy need more? Ask Akwaibomites...

Kukere = Never Mind or Dont Worry

when 2face sang Mfana Ibanha oh, people thought its jst slangs bt its not, its Akwa ibom dialect meaning Thers no Problem or wahala no dey...Anie actualy teach him those words,

Akwaibomites Ado okay. grin

2 Likes

Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by bongila(f): 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2013
dirtymoney: i've always said this: i wish the e-world was a real world.. some peeps would have been recieving janded slaps. when someone starts making success, some bootlickers would begin to find irrelevant faults. he choosed to answer the name. how does it affects anyyone. thats the same name he used in selling millions... if i were him, i would even change from my real name to Iyanya.. one eediot here is even saying he should have choosed names like dbanj, olamide (iwonder when ffools like you benefit from tribalistic reasoning)... iyanya... ayen eka, ndito akwa ibom edo proud of you... yak me asua eke kpa ke ikot!
Eyen ete mi Obong odiong fi! The people eyene idiok esit nke mamana! Mkpo mmo ndomo kiet mi idinamke tutu ekpa ke esio idiok inua eno odo oo!
Go iyanya we are mighty proud of you!
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by pekelepekele(m): 11:38pm On Jun 09, 2013
Nice1 Iyanya , kukere master
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by yomip3t(m): 11:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
what's special about it ooooo
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by tellwisdom: 11:50pm On Jun 09, 2013
imyamyam?? what kind of object is that? angry
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by chessguru1(m): 2:13am On Jun 10, 2013
gerald09: Wow! If fink to be a celebrity dis days all u need is as little talent as possible, example the kardashians, jim Iyke, tonto dikeh, people of jersey shore, snooki n jWoww n nw iyanya. I guess talent aint what it use to be n for looks d dude is 2ft tall.
Did u J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ say iyanya has no talent
Then how did he win mtn project fame in the first place. If dbanj and some " so called" super stars where thrown into any of these talent shows (idols, project fame, etc) how many of them would scale pass the 1st round?
FYI, iyanya's vocals is 120% better than that of so many "super stars" (e.g dbanj).
When he tried to compose songs that had meaningful lyrics, we nigerians refused to buy....now he has adapted and is making his money by singing d kind of songs he is singing now...J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ goes to show you how warped music consumers are in dis country.
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by Lakayanah: 4:38am On Jun 10, 2013
obadiah777: ALL AM SAYING HUN IS THE MAN NEED A NAME CHANGE. THATS ALL A BROTHER IS SAYING grin grin
why would he do that he is proud of his roots not like you that is so fake quoting the bible to suit your selfish interest.
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by Whizkeey(m): 5:35am On Jun 10, 2013
NICE ONE... KEEP IT UP!!!
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 10, 2013
[quote
author=el bin manny] his real name is Inyang Inyang. Used mainly in
Akwa - Ibom and cross river states! He shortened it! So use that stuff
between your two ears that is called a brain n stop yarning dust
!!!!!![/quote]

that is a very big lie oooo....his name is Iyana Mbuk.....jeez!!! where did you get that story from....nawaooo
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by Barnich(m): 6:56am On Jun 10, 2013
Does the name matter, the dude is making his hard dow with the name. Shine on my big brother more grace on your elbow.
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by ertekaoyo: 7:57am On Jun 10, 2013
...It's a biblical name l'île yours
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by ertekaoyo: 8:04am On Jun 10, 2013
Inik:
Yes its a Nigerian name. Inyanya Mbuk is from Akwa ibom state in South-south Nigeria smiley We should commend him for using his Nigerian name as his stage name. It shows that he is a man full of confidence and proud of his heritage.
...You are a bloody liar. Go back home and do your research well. Iyanyan Mbuk Is from Akamkpa LGA of Cross River State, and not your fantasized Akwa-Ibom state
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 10, 2013
tellwisdom: imyamyam?? what kind of object is that? angry

Finally u no wise
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by Miles78(f): 9:05am On Jun 10, 2013
It means " he is shitting in my language, Xhosa ". I am sure it has a different meaning in his own venecular though angry
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
cold:
It's his native name.Surely you can't begrudge a bruva staying true to his roots,would you?
true talk,ur head dy dia jawe.....no mynd dem, bad belles.....
Re: Iyanya On BBC’s “Focus On Africa” by princealexndre(m): 3:17pm On Jun 10, 2013
rubbish sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ruggedman: "God Will Punish Anyone Who Supports Corrupt Politicians In 2019" / Uche Jumbo Covers "House Of Maliq Magazine" / '90% Of Lagosians Are Gold Diggers' - Mr 2kay Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.