Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti (37803 Views)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / Core Arsenal Couple Celebrate Their Wedding In An Amazing Way (Photo) / Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 10, 2013
yellowpawpaw: This is nigerian tabloids for u. Always giving half baked info! Mtcheeeeew

its a blog, stop misdirecting your accusation. Mtcheeeew! Nigerians!
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by texaco1: 7:56am On Jun 10, 2013
goshen26: Only God know the Man's current situation, poor hubby
the man will be ok ,just that he has learned the hard way the truth about women.
never rely on women,surprisinly i have noticed that this is exactly what women want,they want to be the one chasing and keeping u not the other way round .
like someone told me a long time ago that women are like shadows the more u move nearer to the the more they draw back but if u draw back they themselves move nearer to u

1 Like

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 10, 2013
The lady is selfish and insensitive. Agreed she does not want to marry guy, why dump him on d wedding day *

1 Like

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by bonetalk(m): 8:24am On Jun 10, 2013
shakol91: I think this will be the 2nd time I'm hearing this in my state this year...well I'm a native and I live in Ado, the 1st one happened very close to my home town in my local govt, where the bride abscoded after the wedding and the groom was worried..when she was contacted she told the guy that she only needed the marriage certificate that she's already out of the country.....the 2nd one is happening in my church again but I pray the 3rd one won't happen in my family. God help us
why do u think like this?

1 Like

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by onomelenshi(m): 8:45am On Jun 10, 2013
this weeks episode on laugh area's comedy zone.pls click the
link below to watch and leave ur comments after watching.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Y4F8u2dM4&sns=fb&desk
top_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DI3Y4F8u2dM4%26sns%3Dfb
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Eneze1(f): 8:45am On Jun 10, 2013
she already knew she won't be attending the wedding, she just played the guy
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by gbanikiti(m): 8:45am On Jun 10, 2013
RUNAWAY BRIDE! SMH
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by CertifiedFreak(m): 9:01am On Jun 10, 2013
Chiq developed cold feet, can't say I blame her though....Worwor guys can be pretty difficult to handle
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 10, 2013
Temi 23: Thank God the bride didn't show up for the wedding. I can imagine marrying from Ekiti. Those people can never leave their bushy ways of live no matter how educated they might be. Dangerous, unforgiving, abuse and occultic. *angry*

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak out and remove all doubt'- Abraham Lincoln.
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Temi231(f): 9:18am On Jun 10, 2013
Aigbofa:

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak out and remove all doubt'- Abraham Lincoln.

It is better for you not to comment on my post and waka pass....
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2013
Temi 23:

It is better for you not to comment on my post and waka pass....

This is a public forum, not your living room.

1 Like

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by obi123: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2013
mediainspired: WOMEN! WOMEN! WOMEN! D most crafty, cunning &deceptive creation. Pray u're wit a real woman wit d fear of God; otherwise u're done for. Only a NATURAL women can stand a man up on his wedding day. If it were a man dat has doubts about his bride, he wuld be straitforward &part ways wit her b4 d D day. Except for my mum, my sweetness &my unborn girls, i almost hated d femalefolk (no thanks to one evil girl called Pat &her numbskull sistas).

please have a large mug of chamomile tea and a lie down, you sound like you need one desperately
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by adejabs(m): 9:28am On Jun 10, 2013
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by MsSantaClaus(f): 10:16am On Jun 10, 2013
Afam4eva: Are they sure nothing happened to her on her way to the church. It's very unlikely that she developed cold feet.

Was she coming alone? What about the bridesmaids, her dad or whoever was giving her away, the whole bridal train except the groomsmen arrive with the bride, what happened to them?
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by mortee: 10:23am On Jun 10, 2013
okpara ugo: Her village people at work.

You mean his village people...
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by ocelot2006(m): 10:36am On Jun 10, 2013
babyosisi: She is not into the guy
And may have struggled with it to the last minute
Another woman I heard of disappeared on the night of the bachelor's eve and surfaced a week after.
It takes courage to say no at the last minute
I applaud her for not going through with it just to please others .
A woman should follow her heart.
It is her life not theirs

There's absolutely nothing wrong with her following her heart. But on the very day of the wedding?! Haba! That's just plain wrong and very callous of her. If she wasn't in love with her fiance, why didn't she call of the whole relationship days before the wedding and spare the poor dude the embarrassment?

1 Like

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by ARIORILANRE: 10:53am On Jun 10, 2013
Is not a new story jooooo mayb na force marriage and she has to protect her future
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Tellmeurmind: 10:59am On Jun 10, 2013
i really pity d guy. Anyway sha,life goes on. i can equally advise d guy to go for deliverance. i suspect something is after him. Gbam!
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by texaco1: 11:09am On Jun 10, 2013
Tellmeurmind: i really pity d guy. Anyway sha,life goes on. i can equally advise d guy to go for deliverance. i suspect something is after him. Gbam!
lets get something clear this story is one sided.we dont know what might have prompted the lady to act in such a manner.
her family and her might have been forced to accept this man against the lady desire.one thing we must realise is that she couldnt have done this without the support of her parent or parents .
secondly a man that arrest his in laws is not likely to be a good person.this singular action speaks volume of the mans character and attitude.how can u use the police to arrest ur father and mother in law?in yoruba culture that is totally unethical.
i believe a lot of things happened which we dont kno and hich the lady might have seen that in the long run her life,happiness is not gurranted .

1 Like

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by jimmysho(m): 11:12am On Jun 10, 2013
this is hell
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 10, 2013
babyosisi:

That may have been when it hit her
I left a fiancé and married someone else so I kinda know what this feels like
I was engaged to a very handsome,life of the party kind of guy and my friends and family loved him but I always had a nagging doubt that never went away even though I loved him
I eventually bolted and people were shocked and some friends were very angry with me
That was when it hit her that she was making a grave mistake and she couldn't go through with it

How are you sure she didn't express her doubts and the man begged her and she continued to go along with it
I say this because my ex fiancé,his siblings and friends pleaded with me to have a change of heart
What if I did?
I may have bolted on the eve to the wedding or day of

Since you speaking from a personal experience, then I have to agree with you a little bit. Yes, she has every right not to do again but had she been more decisive, the embarrassment won't have occurred.

A change of heart don't just occur just like that, there thought of her not marrying him must have been lingering in her mind months or even years before the wedding.

If she had her doubts, she should have left him then.

PS... This culture of begging has to stop.. It is too common in our society and it sometimes put people in difficult situation.

We beg officials to favour us, we beg women to marry us, we beg enforcement officers to pardon us, e.t.c. If I were Babyosisi's ex, I wont beg her.. I would rather sit her down and ask why she is no longer interested in the relationship any more. If it's something I can't change or adjust to, then we go our separate ways.

1 Like

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 10, 2013
mediainspired: WOMEN! WOMEN! WOMEN! D most crafty, cunning &deceptive creation. Pray u're wit a real woman wit d fear of God; otherwise u're done for. Only a NATURAL women can stand a man up on his wedding day. If it were a man dat has doubts about his bride, he wuld be straitforward &part ways wit her b4 d D day. Except for my mum, my sweetness &my unborn girls, i almost hated d femalefolk (no thanks to one evil girl called Pat &her numbskull sistas).
honestly, I always wonder y women are so heartless and mean in their decisions; hardly remember pity or mercy, all they most times care about is themselves alone and any other person should go to hell. Very bad and sad.

And as a result of what most of them do to men, men generally mistreat them and do not value them as they are supposed to.

Why put a man to such shame when u are aware u don't want to marry him

I pray she gets humiliated in a bigger way than what she did to this poor guy, whether now or in future! Foolish girl without heart!!!

And whoever said what this lady did is good should also get ready to experience such humiliation someday. Pretenders coming online to talk nonsense to win e-fame. Rubbish!!!

Whatever is the case, what she did is EVIL!!! She ought to have told him I am not marrying you from the day he proposed and stood by it, nothing more, nothing less, and if u are still supporting her action, I wish you same in your life!
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 10, 2013
obo_man:

Since you speaking from a personal experience, then I have to agree with you a little bit. Yes, she has every right not to do again but had she been more decisive, the embarrassment won't have occurred.

A change of heart don't just occur just like that, there thought of her not marrying him must have been lingering in her mind months or even years before the wedding.

If she had her doubts, she should have left him then.

PS... This culture of begging has to stop.. It is too common in our society and it sometimes put people in difficult situation.

We beg officials to favour us, we beg women to marry us, we beg enforcement officers to pardon us, e.t.c. If I were Babyosisi's ex, I wont beg her.. I would rather sit her down and ask why she is no longer interested in the relationship any more. If it's something I can't change or adjust to, then we go our separate ways.

Yes, I quite agree with you on the issue of begging.

I sometimes dnt blame the useless, senseless and heartless girls who humiliate guys, becos it is some foolish guys who are too foolish, too weak, too freaky and too unreasonable to be begging a girl to date or marry him, that gives such senseless/heartless girls the guts to be disrespecting men, sighs.

For what Is she the Queen of Shebba? Do we even have exceptionally pretty women in Nigeria that a man should be begging and crying like a pig to get

If Tina refuses to date or marry you, come on, pack up and go to Rose and if Rose says no, what happened to Miriam, Betty and millions of others dying lonely and praying for a man like you

Who said love can't be transferred and re-built somewhere else Anyway, a man becomes foolish the very day he falls head over heels in love with a woman!

Nigerian guys too like women, and that's why women don't respect them. In this present world, I see no reason why a man should die for a woman or let a single woman affect his emotional state cos no woman of today can be trusted. But foolish guys won't listen, they will keep running around chasing skirt that has nothing special in it.

1 Like

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 10, 2013
overdrive:
Nwanne mu nwanyi eke ne kwa mu gi kedu ebe nke a mezilu.

Nnam e ma gho na nzuzu di zi three much dis days.My uncle's wife,left him three days after traditional marriage to USA,she say she no marry again o grin grin
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 10, 2013
In 2013, a woman is turning a man down Sighs...I wonder the kind of guy the guy in question is anyway. Good for freaky weak guys who run around begging girls for love. Sighs
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by CollinsLeSkillzMadumere(m): 11:57am On Jun 10, 2013
Ladies, please if u won't marry him, pls don't do it this way. He may never forgive you. Imagine the shame
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Cupid4(m): 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
Tired of all dis misleading info called news, always in a haste to publish uncomfirmed and inconclusive reports thereby giving room for unnecessary conjectures

1 Like

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by CocoLoca(f): 12:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
That sucks! What a nightmare for all involved.
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by sammyyoung2(m): 12:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
Sanboy25: LOL grin
If they had "issues" why did they still go on with the wedding ? Just to have a divorce 2 years later ?

grin
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by lekkie073(m): 1:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Nothing happened to me, just wasn't ready for marriage na

Seriously, I hope nothing happened to the bride
do cows get married?

1 Like

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by touchmeder: 2:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
It must have been something major she discovered that prevented her from carrying on with the ceremony.she is a very bold lady to halt the marriage than carry on with a marriage that would have ended in divorce.so many ladies turn a blind eye in this day and age.you know the man is married, has children outside that he keeps denying,beats you black and blue,is diabolical or his family are,unexplained source of wealth(abi u wan turn merit?),still dates that old girlfriend etc but you turn a blind eye because he has money.learn from this.broken courtship is better than broken marriage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

81-year-old Man Remarries 70-year-old Wife, 32 Years After They Separated / Reaction As Nigerian Lady Amara Records Altercation With Mom Over Her Sexuality / I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.