Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,726 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

The Island (A New TV Drama Series) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Island (A New TV Drama Series) (1577 Views)

Airtel Shades Mtn In New TV Ad / Lekki Wives: A Must Watch Drama Series / Sitcom Vs Soap Opera Vs TV Drama? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Island (A New TV Drama Series) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
This suspense drama series is an intriguing tale of family, friendship, betrayal, conspiracy, love and vengeance. Our story follows the lives of several characters all connected to the island and its extremities in one way or another. The wealthy BOWEN-COLE family’s unclear history and hedonistic son FEMI, the wealthy and arrogant BAKO and ADEMOLA families which appear untouchable and oppressive. The BALOGUNs, once at the apex of society, now suffer a sad plight as the bread winner of the family sits semi-comatose waiting to die, leaving them bitter and vengeful over old rivalries. SADE COKER, a beautiful and ambitious girl living a self-determined life, faces her greatest challenge when it comes to choosing between love and loyalty. SEGUN ALABA, smart and street savvy, taking his destiny into his own hands he vows to gain money, power and respect on the island by all means necessary. The show derives its essence from the real experiences of Nigerian high-society and its excessive culture. Expect celebrity cameos, real Lagos city venues, events and lifestyle, tentatively playing on the border between reality and fiction.

The Island is created and produced by Bobby Boulders and stars a long list of young Nigerian entertainers including Demola Adedoyin, Tolu ‘Toolz’ Oniru, Seun O, Eku Edewor, Derin ‘DJ Caise’ Phillips, Somkele Iyamah, Rotimi ‘DJ Xclusive’ Alakija, Zainab Balogun, Venita “VeezeeBaybeh” Akpofure, Stephanie Coker, Jimmie Akinsola and Tracy Nwapa.

It stars Omotola Jalade Ekeinde

Writers include Bayo Lambo, Motunrayo Elias, Ada Iwugo and Demola Adedoyin. The Island is produced by Tola Odunsi, Bayo Lambo, Akins Akinkugbe and Kemi Akinkugbe for Urban Vision.

Watch the teaser and the official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXrS4it3bvY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGOTVJVnt04

Visit the website

Speedyboi: Eku Edewor kiss kiss kiss...Somkele Iyamah kiss kiss kiss.

looks like a Tinsel Competitor!
I'm not too impressed with the trailers though.
Re: The Island (A New TV Drama Series) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 09, 2013
Lol....just incase they appear on this thread......for the umpteenth time, 'SUMMER' in Nigerian Trailers does not refer to the weather; It refers to the period....summer holiday....in another word, the holiday after 3RD TERM!.....In another word, the holiday that occurs between JUNE AND OCTOBER!

Which other word can i use again o?......*thinking*

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy hmmm....I know i sound like 'whatever tongue'
Re: The Island (A New TV Drama Series) by sholay2011(m): 8:25pm On Jun 09, 2013
I love Omotola Jalade's picshure grin grin grin
Re: The Island (A New TV Drama Series) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
sholay2011: I love Omotola Jalade's picshure grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Island (A New TV Drama Series) by prof800(m): 12:19am On Jun 10, 2013
The Island..!
Re: The Island (A New TV Drama Series) by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 10, 2013
prof800: The Island..!

funny comments everywhere angry. Abeg say wetin u feel about the trailer jor!
Re: The Island (A New TV Drama Series) by prof800(m): 11:22am On Jun 10, 2013
The island...
the trailer was 'ok'...the picture looks promising.
This is something new from 9ja and its definitely what we want to see,...but that sound is not what i expect.
All-in-All if it has a good 'show runner' its going to blow.
Re: The Island (A New TV Drama Series) by donadexco(m): 3:51am On Jun 11, 2013
Unemployment in the air.. Blowin u all pass breeze.. Next?
Re: The Island (A New TV Drama Series) by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 11, 2013
prof800: The island...
the trailer was 'ok'...the picture looks promising.
This is something new from 9ja and its definitely what we want to see,...but that sound is not what i expect.
All-in-All if it has a good 'show runner' its going to blow.

something new? I don't think so!
What's wrong with the sound though?
Re: The Island (A New TV Drama Series) by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 11, 2013
donadexco: Unemployment in the air.. Blowin u all pass breeze.. Next?

oya quickly crawl back into your hole! tongue :p tongue angry
Re: The Island (A New TV Drama Series) by prof800(m): 10:47am On Jun 11, 2013
speedyboi:

What's wrong with the sound though?
nothing, i checked again.

(1) (Reply)

Movies To Watch This Valentine's Day / Your Best Movie Scene Of All Time / Tunde Kelani’s Film Adaptation Of ‘dazzling Mirage’ Commences!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.