Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,860 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? (66101 Views)

Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / Can Mosquito Transfer Ebola Virus Disease ? / How Safe Is This Herb Yoruba's Call Agbo ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by goodvision12(m): 7:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ijaya123:

Where is the insult in my post. Abi conscience dey worry you?
na yu heart attack dey worry
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by mikolo80: 7:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
men na sweep we de sweep mosquitoes for nda (very rugged mosquitoes). that's when I knew this was dangerous around humans but we spray in the morning and open windows in evening with net once a week
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by moneyspeaking: 7:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
dgitrader:

this stuff gave me pneumonia last year. i wish i saw this post earlier. its very dangerous when misused. now when i walk into a room it was used earlier, i immediately experience breathing difficulty. people should be warned.

Pls I presently have pneumonia and I think it's d BIg cause because I used it. Pls cal I chat with u. Pls asap
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by mikolo80: 7:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
men na sweep we de sweep mosquitoes for nda (very rugged mosquitoes). that's when I knew this was dangerous around humans but we spray in the morning which gives it 6 to 8 hrs to dissipate and open windows in evening to air out room but yeah otapiapia is bad
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by mikolo80: 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
men na sweep we de sweep mosquitoes for nda (very rugged mosquitoes). that's when I knew this was dangerous around humans but we spray in the morning which gives it 6 to 8 hrs to dissipate and open windows in evening to air out room but yeah otapiapia is bad beutter to use net to sleep and on doors and windows
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by mikolo80: 7:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
Deeaka:
I'll advise people to stay away from sniper!!!
I stop breathing when I enter a room that has been "soaked" in sniper. I know people prefer it coz they feel the harsh smell can do the magic of killing stubborn mosquitos... Brethren it's a lie. The mosquitos in my house don't fall under the sniper anointing, I'm the only one who does the falling!
Sniper is harmful, I don't need to be told. I don't know what medical terms they give to the effects but I know breath seizure is one of them, itchy throat and coughing... That's for me sha...
you're not suppose to be in the room with sniper. use it before going to work or class then come back to open windows (with net o)
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by mikolo80: 7:20pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ginaz:
this chemicals na WA, I bought one that promised to kill mosquitos but instead wanted to kill and destroy my eyes. I couldn't sleep throughout the night as my eyes were pouring water and shining like wilili.

I will never use them again, but why did God create mosquitos? these animals are bokoharams ...

It's sad how they bite me every night with such a passion that I'm flattered
buy mosquito net.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by obagoriola: 7:29pm On Jun 05, 2016
EWAagoyin:
100% safe just make sure you stay outside for Atleast 1hour 30mins after spraying it. ....also get a sprayer for better results cost less than 1k.

1.open all your windows
2.mix sniper with kerosene for better results
3.wear your original nose mask cost 300naira
4.pour the mixed sniper into your sprayer
5.spray Every part of the house including your curtains With all windows still open
6.close the doors and stay outside for almost 2hours
That's all

Remember to wash your sprayer with water after use.

Sniper was not meant for mosquito its an agricultural product for farm use.

A lot of people use it because it's cheap and effective for mosquito. Be warned

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by sbabimbola(f): 8:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
omonla10:
I feel the way out is by using insecticide treated net.. That's the best way to avoid air contamination especially for kids..

Lagos heat is quite intense ooooo.
you'll be forced to raise the net up.

4 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by waikiki(m): 10:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
Afrocatalyst:
Sniper and go 90 belong to the family of insecticides calld DDVP. It has been banned by WHO n NAFDAC. Stil Nigerians prefer to use it becos most pple think its faster.
Well,let me hint you more on the reasn it was banned.

Hello good day.

Is there a permanent solution for bed bugs?
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by CharLee22: 10:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
Aiit
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by nusta(m): 4:41am On Jun 06, 2016
Sniper is just a brand name for one of the top three agro chemical companies in Nigeria. It is the number one selling brand in Nigeria in its category. The active chemical in Sniper is DDVP which is responsible for both its efficacy for pest control and toxicity to human health. Many if not all top agro chemical companies in Nigeria like Jubaili Agrotech, Candel, Wacott etc have their brands. As a former staff of Saro Agrochemical, I can tell you that DDVP dominated products are multi billion naira products in Nigeria market. They sell like sachet water! Unfortunately, Nigerians abuse them. Out of ignorance and the desire to get rid of pestering creatures like mosquitoes and roaches, we use them as if they are safe. But the truth is, Sniper and other DDVP products are very toxic and can kill with ease. So my advice is always read instructions on the label of any product and be careful how you use them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Tboy24: 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
Thanks for this enlightenment.. Just a few days back I was cleaning my room and decided to use sniper in the process, I immediately noticed I couldn't breathe properly, before I knew it, symptoms became severe as I couldn't ever take a walk down to my bathroom without gasping for breadth... Was really curious as to what could possible be the cause... Decided to check the internet.. And here it was, hazadous sniper... I should warn my friends too... Thanks Guys
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by semochendo1(m): 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
Sniper, just like any other chemical, can be Hazadduos if not used as prescribed. Our people usually abuse things, that's why sometimes a client will tell us he uses sniper better than we the trained pest control officers.

All you need when you feel disturbed by pest is fumigation by professional. we tell our clients the precautionary measures to take after fumigation.

contact Go-global Cleaners today for your professionally safe pest control services. Our charges start from 5k, depending on the size of your house and the nature of your pest.

we go as far as providing you with electronic device that repels pests.

call 07065308183/08057791015 now.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Efukikata(m): 2:48am On Nov 14, 2016
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by macbenal: 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2017
SniperĀ® is a highly effective insecticide/miticide that controls over 30 foliar and soil borne pests. Sniper gives growers the flexibility and residual activity needed to combat insects in conventional or biotech systems. Macbenal int'l ltd is one of the nigeria distributors of "sniper".we guarantee you the cheapest price possible.contact us for your purchases.contact:08182034675,08033243100

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by stubornnn: 12:45am On Mar 24, 2017
klinlad:
I used sniper one certain evening nd in d morning,i swept d cockroaches it killed.On my way out to get something, i saw a fowl eating d cockroach.On getting bk,i saw the fowl gasping for air,salivating.i jst stood dere perplexed till d fowl dropped dead..from dat day, i stopped using sniper cos,dat fowl could hv been me had it been a drop of it entered my soup

Did you eat the fowl grin

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by madgoat(m): 5:11pm On Feb 05, 2018
This topic should be moved to front page so that people can be careful when applying sniper. I almost died of sniper last night and decided to do some research about it and came across this on nairaland.
Sniper is very effective but really dangerous and should be handled with utmost care when being applied. Contact with the skin can even be fatal and should be rinsed off immediately with soap and water. Do not inhale the vapours to prevent stories that touch.

Cc Seun and all admins, kindly move this to front page so that people can be aware of the dangers of indiscriminate use of sniper.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Rhyah(f): 9:39am On Feb 24, 2018
I've always suspected this sniper to be detrimental.. but what can one do? People use them alot and the fact that it's cheap is contributing to its gross misuse.

I hate insecticides generally esp aerosolised ones. I hate to perceive them on the bed sheet, clothes, surfaces or any where else in the house. So even after use, one has to do a thorough cleaning, notwithstanding the insecticide used.

No doubt o... me I've used sniper but I prefer to just place drops of it in a cotton wool and place in strategic positions in the room or put the drops directly to where I want them... though I know the method isn't as effective as spraying.

Another thing people do alot is not spraying the whole house at d same time eg. spray parlour stay in the room, you spray kitchen and stay in parlour....meanwhile the doors to these parts of the house don't even close well.

Generally, insecticides are dangerous. Add more cautious to usage no matter the type. None is risk-free.
You can even make them your last resort... clean your environment, netted doors and windows, remove stuffs you no longer need from the house (stop saving rubbish you'll never use again), get rid of cartons... cockroaches like them alot,

the more floor space and top spaces you have to clean, the less hideouts you'll have for rodents and cockroaches.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 21, 2018
Lalalala lalalala hey hey hey free sniper.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by homesteady(m): 10:03am On Apr 21, 2018
kayoday pNSjJa58LnZL
kayoday:
Reading the cover on the popular Sniper used by most lagosians for mosquito control, it is clearly written that it is meant for outdoor use and should be mix with water to reduce the concentration.
However most household use for indoor mosquito control on daily basis , though seems effective want to believe there is a residual effect on ones health. I need expert opinion on this. Will get the active composition and post as well
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Kinggame1: 6:03pm On Jan 24, 2019
[qu2ote author=dgitrader post=33845804]

this stuff gave me pneumonia last year. i wish i saw this post earlier. its very dangerous when misused. now when i walk into a room it was used earlier, i immediately experience breathing difficulty. people should be warned.[/quote]

Please how long did it take you to fully recovered from this experience. Thank you
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by dgitrader(m): 6:30pm On Jan 24, 2019
Kinggame1:
[qu2ote author=dgitrader post=33845804]

this stuff gave me pneumonia last year. i wish i saw this post earlier. its very dangerous when misused. now when i walk into a room it was used earlier, i immediately experience breathing difficulty. people should be warned.

Please how long did it take you to fully recovered from this experience. Thank you

its re-occurring yearly. but am used to it now, at the slightest symptoms, i get necessary meds. i know 100% eventually it will disappear one day
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Kinggame1: 8:13pm On Jan 24, 2019
dgitrader:

its re-occurring yearly. but am used to it now, at the slightest symptoms, i get necessary meds. i know 100% eventually it will disappear one day

Please what are the symptoms you have experienced so far
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by dgitrader(m): 10:20am On Jan 25, 2019
Kinggame1:

Please what are the symptoms you have experienced so far

why not consult a doctor?
https://www.verywellhealth.com/pneumonia-overview-3156882
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Kinggame1: 10:40am On Jan 25, 2019
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by airminem(f): 11:01am On Oct 07, 2020
Afrocatalyst:

there's always a boycott in d Nigerian market. What am saying is nt abt being in d market or nt, bt health related issues wit it. The rate at which pple use such products have increased,no wonder d rate of cancer patients have increased too. Smh... Nigerians love ignorance o. They prefer to follow the joneses dan to CHOOSE to do wat's ryt for them. Gdluck o.
How do i get the fumigation for indoor?
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by airminem(f): 9:36pm On Apr 30, 2021
Ogojohn:
Mine was worst. I nearly died from this stuff. Went to many hospitals but non could give proper diagnosis of what my illness was. I had lung blockage and nasal blockage. For two weeks. I was invalid. Did test and non could explain why i was having those symptoms. I was being treated of asthma. For over a year. I wore protective clothing for cold. Until i discovered the source of my illness. I improved the freshness of oxygen around my home and all the symptoms simply vanished. Nowadays. I dare not even dare touch its empty bottle. I will be immediately hit with an involuntary volts of sneezings. It was really a lucky break.
You had covid which appeared earlier
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Kewtt: 6:05am On May 02, 2022
Originalsly:
Sniper can also be safe if you know how to dilute it. Your product diluted is effective for up to six months..... and comes with over the phone hush hush instructions......why shouldn't I believe your product is j.ust as or even more dangerous than Sniper? Tell us..we are here to learn.
He's marketing sniper
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by tarantino1: 7:00pm On Sep 14, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Healthy Liver Vs A Liver Damaged By Alcohol (Disturbing Photo) / Tembu Ebere 'Goes Blind' During Bizarre Attempt To Break 'GWR' Crying For 7 Days / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.