Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Love Is Blind - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Is Blind (964 Views)

Blind Love / Love Is Not Like In A Movie;(A TRUE LIFE STORY) / Love Is Comparable To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Is Blind by Nobody: 2:21am On Jun 10, 2013
[size=16] L.I.T.E E-Workshop For Writers[/size]

Follow the event through this link...
L.I.T.E stands for Living in the truth everyday, a concept that grew in the heart of Divepen..(Lol)
Well Brothers and Sisters, Aunties and Uncles, Mummies and Daddies, it is with a joyful heart I invite you to the E-Workshop
For Writers where we will have great writers teaching us some great skills for writer. Who is This for?
Writers and Aspiring Writers.
DATE 30th september- 5th October, 2014
THEME: PREPARING WRITERS FOR TOMORROW
TIME: 12.00 Noon- 6pm Daily

:
VENUE: Here On Nairaland
The speakers are :

Larryysun
Sammy hoe
Audrey timms
Princessaa
Prettyspiccey
Daveep
kayemjaay
Texanomally
jigsawkillaah
Queenxstaar
Noble44d
flakkydagirrl
TiffanyyJ
Missyhorlaah
Timpakeer
Dorisbesst
Repogirrl
Kingzpeen
Therock555
Royveer
OMA44U
Dammygooody
Rapmikke
Dygeassy

[b] Please note the following
1. This thread is the only place you, our guests, are allowed to comment (so as to prevent disorderliness and missing of salient points)
2. If you have any Poem/ short story not more that 1000 words that you will can post in the thread please make your intention known here, so that I can give you a slot
Note: The slot that will be given to the first 24 People will be slot for the first the event.
The others will be allowed to post before the event day.

3. Please if you are not given a slot for the other thread, you are not allowed to post there. This is just to have it done orderly
You can follow the event at this link...
Re: Love Is Blind by Nobody: 2:24am On Jun 10, 2013
I was in my parents’ house my eyes were swollen with tears, this was not the kind of marriage I wanted, although I envisaged something like this could happen but I have always felt the problem could be managed and put under control. That morning, we were having a send forth ceremony for my boss who has been transferred to our Head office in Hongkong, I have worked with him for 6 years, there were times people asked if we were siblings in the office because we related so well; but my husband had never for once seen that from my point of view, that morning I woke up early and sent my boss a text message, my husband was supposedly sleeping beside me, “Big brother, the few years I have spent working with you is just like yesterday, today your departure has brought tears to my eyes, you are worth more than a boss to me but also a mentor. I pray we will keep hearing good news from each other. I love you!” that was the text message I sent to him. I left my phone on the bed and went to the kitchen to make the breakfast and get our son prepared for school, unknown to me my boss had replied, the phone was on ringing so Olumide picked it and read through my boss’ response “thanks my dear, it’s been awesome knowing and working with you also. I cherish every moment I spent with you, on behalf of my family we say we love you” my husband picked the phone and was yelling my name from the room OLATUNJI (32) “Tola!” PRINCESS (CONT’D NARRATION) I knew something had gone wrong but I could not figure it out, I was in Richard’s room, trying to get him off the bed and get him to take his bath. “I’m here” I responded with my heart panting like a pestle hits the mortal. He busted into the room facing the screen of my phone at me OLATUNJI “what is this? Who is this?” PRINCESS (CONT’D NARRATION) I had easily figured out what could have happened, I had not even spoken a word when he slapped me with the back of his hand, I felt the sharp pain on my left cheek and staggered at Richard’s bed, the poor boy jumped off the bed, I did not want him to witness the horrendous experience of his father beating up his mother, I quickly grabbed his hand “go to the bathroom Richard!” I yelled at him, I do not want my son to grow up hating his father, he stood for a while wondering what was happening, by now my husband was breathing heavily as if he was thinking of the next thing to do, I pulled Richard to drag him out of the room OLATUNJI “what?” PRINCESS (CONT’D NARRATION) Olatunji removed my fist off the boy’s arm and gave me another deep slap OLATUNJI “where are you taking him to LovePeddler?” PRINCESS (CONT’D NARRATION) I managed to get up from the second blow “Olatunji he can’t watch this… Richard! Get out of here! I managed to retort again. The poor boy ran out of the room, little did we know that was the last time we were going to set our eyes on our son alive. He was only four; he could pick up the wrong ideology about marriage which was all I was trying to prevent. After his departure, my husband pounced at me and beat me like he had never done before; he kept calling me several names of promiscuity. When I saw he would not stop, I sighted the bread knife that Richard used in putting butter on his bread the night before, I grabbed the knife “don’t make me do this” I pleaded with him with my strength fizzling out. Prior to that time, I had rarely defended myself with armour whenever we had heated fight but that night, I was running out of strength OLATUNJI “Oh! Now you have graduated from being a prostitute to a killer” PRINCESS (CONT’D NARRATION) that was what he said, he rushed towards me suddenly to pounce at me again as he had earlier been doing, I did not know when I moved the knife and it sank into his trunk, he fell to the floor with his eyes staring at me, he suddenly became helpless, I became confused, what would I do? I reached for my phone which he had smashed on the wall, I picked up and re-arranged the scattered phone, searched for the family doctor’s phone number with my hands trembling, blood was gushing out of him profusely, what we have been hiding from the public is now thrown to the open. The doctor said the ambulance was on its way, I was trembling with my hands all stained with blood, I saw him gasping for breath, about thirty minutes after the call, the ambulance came; got to our house, the gateman was still trying to question him when I yelled from the room “let them in!” the doctor and another young man rushed into the room and took Olumide away. I was asked to come and join them after dressing up. The doctor has been a friend of the family even before we got married. He was wheeled into the ambulance. I was cleaning up the messy room when it dawned on me I had to look for Richard, “Richie!” I called out, hoping he was nearby around the house, I called out over and over again and did not get any response, I checked every room in the house and did not find him. It was 6:30a.m, where could he have been? I asked the gateman if he saw him walk out of the gate and he confirmed he had been at the gate with the gate key and did not see him walk out of the gate. We were both confused then he raised an important point BILIRU (26) “could it be that he opened the back gate? because we don’t lock it with key” PRINCESS (CONT’D NARRATION) we both rushed to the back gate and truly found it open, we got out of the gate with the gateman’s bright lamp because it was still dark, the back gate leads to the express where fast moving cars are always plying, that was why the gate was permanently locked. I was wondering how he could have managed to cross the road, while we were still searching, Biliru the gateman approached the main road and crossed to the other side, he screamed with a loud voice that I heard from where I was, he had found Richard’s dead body, he was obviously knocked down by a reckless driver, Biliru carried him to himself and crossed back to where I was, as I sighted my son, I fainted instantly. That was the last I remembered, I am now in my parent’s house. Nobody knew the exact story of how everything happened, nobody also believed I had been going through intimate partner violence. All they saw were the scars all over my body. The News had gone viral, my colleagues who were expecting me had sent me messages and called before my phone was switched off, the doctor ensured he prevented the press from gaining entry into the hospital but the News still went round. My father who is a U.S trained Lawyer was highly disappointed, he never knew I had been going through this, unknown to me they filed a case against Olatunji which I got to know 3 days after the case had been filed. Olatunji’s parents came to our house with his elder brother and younger sister, they asked for permission to speak with me alone and amazingly the mother said he had always been that way since he was a kid but they had always felt he would change MRS PETU Then, we would plead with him and give him whatever he demanded, that was the wrong approach to a child who is developing anger in him, we were helping his problem to grow and not helping him to outgrow it PRINCESS (CONT’D NARRATION) The parents said they accepted he was at fault but that would not bring back my son. They said he had asked them to come and apologize to me. I could not control the tears from running down my eyes “I was foolish, I should have cried out for help” that was all I said. My father would not accept my plea to withdraw the case, Olatunji pleaded guilty and was asked to pay a fine of 10 million naira, he was also sent to anger management class for 6 months. It was all over the media but that still did not bring my son back. the end

1 Like

Re: Love Is Blind by niphaemy(f): 8:26am On Jun 13, 2013
Nice writeup
Re: Love Is Blind by princesa(f): 10:29am On Jun 13, 2013
A short story? very nice, with proper structuring, it should become a hit. well done.

so any more stories?
Re: Love Is Blind by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 13, 2013
[size=16] L.I.T.E E-WORKSHOP FOR WRITERS

Date: 30th september- 5th October, 2014
Theme: Preparing Writers For Tomorrow.
Time: 12.00 Noon- 6pm Daily
Venue: Nairaland
[/size]

Please you cannot comment here, follow this link to comment
[size=16]DAY1[/color][/size]
Introduction- 12:00-12:20
12:21-12:30- Poem/Short stories
12:31- 1:30- THE PURPOSE OF WRITING A POEM--- BY TEXANOMAALY: Followed by questions and answers at the comment thread.

1:31-2:30- BRANDING YOUR NAME--SAMMMYHOE..Followed by Q and A section @ The comment thread.

2:31-2:40- Short story/Poem
2:41-3:40- HOW TO SHOW AND NOT TELL A STORY-- AUDREYTIMMMS---followed by Q and A section @ The comment thread

3:41-4:40 - WHAT DESCRIPTION DOES TO READER--PRINCESSA--- followed by question and answer @ the comment thread.

4:41-4:50- Short story/Poem
4:51- 5:50---ELEMENT OF A GOOD PLOT----PRETTTYSPICEY
5:51-6:00- short story/Poem.

[size=16] DAY2 [/size]
12:31- 1:30- PUNCTUATION AND ITS EFFECT- LARRYSUUN: Followed by questions and answers at the comment thread.
1:31-2:30- USING THE RIGHT VERBS - DAVE.P..Followed by Q and A section @ The comment thread.
2:41-3:40- -USING FAMILIAR TERMS AND WORDS IN WRITING- KAYEMJA.Y---followed by Q and A section @ The comment thread
3:41-4:40 - HOW TO FLOW THROUGH A POEM- JIGSAWKILLA.H-- followed by question and answer @ the comment thread.
4:51- 5:50--- THE DEEP STRUCTURE OF A PLAY- NOBLE4.D-- followed by Q and A section @ the comment thread
5:51-6:00- short story/Poem

[size=16]DAY3[/size]
12:31- 1:30- CREATING IMAGE IN POEM---: Followed by questions and answers at the comment thread.
1:31-2:30- CREATING IMAGE IN STORIES-- QUEENXSTA.R...Followed by Q and A section @ The comment thread.
2:41-3:40- BOOSTENING YOUR IMAGINATION--FLAKKYDAGIR.L-followed by Q and A section @ The comment thread
3:41-4:40 - HOW SHORT STORIES CAN HELP YOUR IMAGINATION---MISSYHORLA.H followed by question and answer @ the comment thread.
4:51- 5:50---HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER-TIFFANY.J

[size=16]DAY4[/size]
12:31- 1:30- DESCRIBING EMOTIONS--REPOGIRL...: Followed by questions and answers at the comment thread.
1:31-2:30- THE BEST WAY TO USE DIALOGUE--SAMMYHO.E..Followed by Q and A section @ The comment thread.
2:41-3:40- HOW TO MAKE PEOPLE LOVE OR HATE YOUR CHARACTERS--KINGZPEN-followed by Q and A section @ The comment thread
3:41-4:40 - STICKING TO YOUR STYLE OF NARRATION-FLAKKYDAGIR.L-- followed by question and answer @ the comment thread.
4:51- 5:50---STYLES OF WRITERS.--THEROCK555:5
5:51-6:00- short story/Poem.[/b]

[size=16]DAY5[/size]
12:31- 1:20- WRITING POEM FOR READERS--TIMPAKER: Followed by questions and answers at the comment thread
1:21-2:10- WRITING STORIES FOR READERS--DORISBES.T....Followed by Q and A section @ The comment thread.
2:11-2:20- Short story/Poem
2:21-3:00- WHAT IS YOUR THEME--DAMMYGOODY-followed by Q and A section @ The comment thread
3:01-3:50 - ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT POEM COLLABORATIONS--- followed by question and answer @ the comment thread.
3:51-4:00- Short story/Poem
4:01- 4:50---ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT STORIES COLLABORATION--DYGEAS.Y,followed by Q and A @ comment thread.
4:51-5:50-A DISCIPLINED WRITER--- RAPMIKE.... Followed by Q and A @ comment thread.

[size=16]Day 6[/size]
12:31- 1:30- THE HARVEST OF WRITING STORIES-- LADYWRITE.R: Followed by questions and answers at the comment thread.
1:31-2:30- THE HARVEST OF WRITING POEMS--OMA4U..Followed by Q and A section @ The comment thread.
2:41-3:40- THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT PLOTTING--ROYVE.R--followed by Q and A section @ The comment thread
3:41-4:40 - POST WRITING KNOWLEDGE--LARRYSU.N- followed by question and answer @ the comment thread.
4:51- 5:50---ELEMENT OF A GOOD PLOT----PRETTTYSPICEY

(1) (Reply)

Apply For The 2013 Global Sustainable Energy Essay Contest / My life my entertainment / Apocalypse [a Horror Story]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.