Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Back After A Fatal Accident - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Back After A Fatal Accident (6254 Views)

Pictures: A Fatal Accident Along Onitsha/awka/enugu Express Way Just Now / Photos From The Fatal Accident On Ikorodu Road This Morning / A Fatal Accident Has Just Occur At Governors Road Ikotun Many Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by gentledove(f): 11:11am On May 06, 2008
thanks everyone.  i am doing fine o. 

@ My Peace,  this NIPS indunction, i must to attend.  devil is a liar.  will be there on saturday for real.

@ Oyato,

i will post you the details of how it all happened now.  just relax, sit back and understand the thin line between life and death.  never knew that just twoo weeks after my resumption to my new office, devil has another plan. 

anytime i look at the attached picture, i marvel.  God really loves me
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by gentledove(f): 11:21am On May 06, 2008
it was a lovely Monday morning of the 14th and was bubbling with life when i woke up.  i packed all manner of stuffs - frosties, skimmed milk, tampico juice and chocolate with the hope that i will put them all in my cabinet in the office.  i was dressed up, looking chiky cheesy

at exactly 7.05, i crossed to take a bus going to Oshodi when a mad Okada man came from nowhere and hit me.  he was taking a one-way and was just learning how to drive okada.  funny.  he hit me on the leg and i landed on my face.  a trailer with no brake was coming and damn, i was right in the middle of the express, uncounscious.  the okada man tried escaping from the trailer and had his bike crushed.  he broke an ankle and a rib.  the trailer in the bid to escape hitting another person lost track and the rest was history.  when i finally regained my consciousness, i was rushed to the hospital and the nurses there made a statement that scared me - 'she is not going to regain this eyesight again'.  Jeez!!!!!  i started praying and confessing all my sins grin.  for God to spare me, he has a reason.  i told him to let me regain my eyesight and i will serve him forever.

i regained my eyesight.  the bikeman is now ok.  paid part of the hospital bill.  the trailer man became history.  the other people therein, i don't know what happened to them.  i am alive now.  i took this picture today and as my eyes go down gradually i look into the mirror and appreciate God for my life. to enter bike now dey fear me not to talk of crossing the express.  i have learnt my lesson.  i think i will take the pedestrianbridge now instead of crossing.

thanks o.  i don give my testimony for church.  i am giving you guys now.  i no know say God love me reach like this despite my unfaithfulness in serving Him. lipsrsealed embarassed wink smiley grin cheesy
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by Dextiny(f): 11:34am On May 06, 2008
Thank God For ur life,
Wellcome back to Naira land
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by Chookym(m): 11:44am On May 06, 2008
@gentledove,
That was a close save from death ooo. This our okadas, they are terrible. pls fulfill yr promise to God ooo. your Life is in His hands. You look prity still. Good luck.
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by Bblak(f): 11:56am On May 06, 2008
I really thank God for your life.Welcome back.
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by realborn(m): 12:27pm On May 06, 2008
@poster,
deeply touched by your testimony.
It is truly His divine grace that spared your life which only translates to mean u will not die until u fulfill destiny and your purpose on earth.
I am thanking God on your behalf and i pray all Nairalanders will be spared from the shackles of death and all evil.
Welcome back.
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by oYaTo(m): 1:08pm On May 06, 2008
omo gentledove, God love u o, just make sure u no forget ur pledge.

gentledove:

the trailer in the bid to escape hitting another person[b] lost track and the rest was history[/b]. when i finally regained my consciousness, i was rushed to the hospital and the nurses there made a statement that scared me - 'she is not going to regain this eyesight again'. Jeez!!!!! i started praying and confessing all my sins grin. for God to spare me, he has a reason. i told him to let me regain my eyesight and i will serve him forever.

i regained my eyesight. the bikeman is now ok. paid part of the hospital bill. the trailer man became history. the other people therein, i don't know what happened to them.

wetin do d trailer man? did he veer off the road and hit u or otha bystanders?

Just make sure u no go back on ur promise, girl. wink
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by hymen(f): 1:37pm On May 06, 2008
Dear gentledove,
I'm glad you're back on your feet,may God continue to protect us all.

I hope it didn't affect your virginity sha !
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by Aladunni(f): 2:09pm On May 06, 2008
hmmmmmmmmnnn okada riders!

may God deliver us from their preys in this lagos. Get well soon gentledove and catch you at the induction on Saturday, i hope to meet a better YOU.

His banner over us all is LOVE.
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by Ebonyj(f): 2:26pm On May 06, 2008
Thank God for your life Gentle, I wish you a speedy recovery.
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by princeonx: 2:34pm On May 06, 2008
Satan you are a lierrrrrrrrrrrrr! you have never wonnnnnnnnnn! you will never winnnnnnnnnnn! in the name of Jesus.
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by favcom(m): 2:38pm On May 06, 2008
hymen:

Ha ha, na wa for u o! Did Gentledove ever tell you she was a virgin? cool
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by eudio(f): 2:49pm On May 06, 2008
welcome back girl
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by obyann(f): 4:26pm On May 06, 2008
Thank God for saving your life. To God be the glory.
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by MyPeace(f): 4:32pm On May 06, 2008
hymen:

Dear gentledove,
I'm glad you're back on your feet,may God continue to protect us all.

favcom:

Ha ha, na wa for u o! Did Gentledove ever tell you she was a virgin? cool

why do two you want to turn me to a mad person in my office grin grin grin no kill me with laughter abeg.

however his username says more about him.
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by SweetT1: 5:10pm On May 06, 2008
@Gentledove

Pele oh. But who was driving ?? Was alcohol involved ?? Glad that your feeling better. Serious but laughing matter. Until i read the Topic, I thought you stepped into a boxing ring or your husband was tripping. Pele oh.
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by somze(f): 6:17pm On May 06, 2008
Thank God you are alive,

You would recover fully in time, rest assured.

Nice Spirit you have though, I would have been kicking everything around me and sulking terribly in your shoes.

Take Care . . .
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by McOmo(m): 8:10pm On May 06, 2008
@GENTLEDOVE

shocked shocked shocked cry wink cool

all is well !!! wink

I had been looking for u to drink NAFDAC-approved milk grin

only to find out that one paraga-induced moafoka had caused serious kasala for u angry

sowwy girlfriend . . .pele . . ndo !!! wink
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 06, 2008
Wow, Gentle. That's one hell of a testimony.

Glad you're recovering well, you're a very lucky girl.
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by motunrayo4(f): 8:55pm On May 06, 2008
Oh my, Thank God that he saved you from the tragic event
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by keypoints: 8:57pm On May 06, 2008
Thank God for ur life.
May God continue to protect us all.
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by kingdong(m): 9:23pm On May 06, 2008
dammnnn, that picture with yur face swollen is the ishh! my sister come be like person wey go through community brushing after mistakenly pocketin wetin belong to another person.
anyways sha like i said, the worst days of yur life are behind yu and yu gats glorious days ahead. only try keep yur syde of the bargain with God. also make una wey nefr get moto try to dey use pedestrian bridge where available. as for okada its like na necessary evil so just be careful and even when crossing one way always look left right and left again. why? becos, THIS IS LAGOS!
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by yewaman1(m): 9:36pm On May 06, 2008
Yes Jesus Loves u, Yes Jesus loves u, 'Gentledove' Yes Jesus loves u,
Cos the Bible tells u so!

Congrats cool
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by WallaceDon(m): 9:46pm On May 06, 2008
I Thank God tha you are back
I read many post reply and find out that people care 4 one another.
We all thanked God for sparing your life in that fatal accident that had wanted to keep you off the Bar.

Still DJ Wallace
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by chinesedoll(f): 11:04pm On May 06, 2008
[size=38pt]WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE USE OF THE PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE
THAT IS WHY IT IS THERE

MORE HASTE LESS SPEED
A WORD IS ENUF
[/size]
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by pahtahkee: 11:18pm On May 06, 2008
Now go and serve the Lord as you promised HIM.

Thank God for saving your life. Everytime I take that okada, I see it as fun.

But now, I see it as riding on death itself.
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by akara(m): 6:33am On May 07, 2008
Welcome back to life and Nairaland. God will surely perfect the healing.
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by topkin(m): 8:11am On May 07, 2008
Thank God for you brother. Thank God u're hale and hearty. May his divine Guidance and protection always continue to remain with us despite out inadequacies. Amen.
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by Nobody: 10:17am On May 07, 2008
hey i'm happy for U, thank God u'r Back. So when are going for thanksgiving
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by Nobody: 11:47am On May 07, 2008
You were too lucky, my dear. Some don't make it with one eye even. It is troublesome the rate accidents kill worldwide and worst here we don't actually do much to avoid them.
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by denony(m): 12:19pm On May 07, 2008
ITISINT EASY angry

MY SISISTER THANKU YOUR GOD

BOTU ONE THING I WANTU TO KNOW IS WHERE U ARE GOINU BEFORE THE ACCUSIDENTU HAPPUN.

ME I THANKU GOD FOR SAVING YOUR LIFU.

WE GO COMU FOR YOUR THANKUSU GIVING. lipsrsealed

ITISINT EASY MY SISTER
Re: Back After A Fatal Accident by Omooze(f): 12:28pm On May 07, 2008
Hmmmmm God is truelly in love with u. Dis is just d begining of greater testimonies in ur lyf. U really look great after recovering. Neva 4get dt " d fear of okada riders in lagos is d begininig of wisdom". shocked
Welcome Back. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Covert Racism! / Change Of Name Publication / Inverter Installation And Maintenance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.