Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Why You Should Keep Moving Forward - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why You Should Keep Moving Forward (469 Views)

Policeman Tries To Stop A Moving Tanker By Climbing In Through The Window / MOTIVATION: Overcoming Fear Of Failure: Facing Fears And Moving Forward / Is Nigeria Moving forward or backward? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Keep Moving Forward by infonubia(m): 6:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
"If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward" - Martin Luther King Jr.

This is a note I wrote to myself but I'd love to share it with readers. Perhaps, there are others who could benefit from it.

It is easy to keep moving when everything seem great - readers are actively engaged by commenting on your blog posts, friends and families are happy, you are in a healthy relationship, the sun is shining, and life is great. But what do you do when the fun stops - the comments stop coming in, you lose your job, a loved one, or anything of significance?

It's easy to throw in the towel and say "I quit." But if you do, you lose out on everything. What happens when you quit prematurely? There is a sense of defeat that suddenly takes over; it leaves you wondering about what could have been if you had continued.

Imagine someone who desperately wants to lose weight but quits going to the gym after two weeks of rigorous exercise. Such a person will continue to WISH without attaining the desired level of fitness. Inherent in every worthwhile achievement is some level of painstaking commitment - no gain without pain.

Dwelling so much on past missteps incapacitates you. It hinders you from thinking clearing and forging a path forward because you can't see beyond those mistakes.

Now is the time to let go of any past mistakes, come off the self-pity, chart a new path for your life, and move forward. The past is gone and there's really nothing that can be done to change it. Today is the opportunity to determine what tomorrow will be by your actions or inaction.

Not too long ago, I saw the movie Lincoln. As I watched, I asked myself "what would have been his legacy if he had thrown in the towel after losing the first, second, or third election?" This man lost eight elections, failed twice in business, and suffered a nervous breakdown. He had every reason to give up on hope. He could have quit many times - but he didn't. He became one of the greatest presidents in the history of the United States because of his persistence.

All scientific discoveries are results of somebody not giving up on an idea, despite the difficulties in making those ideas become reality.

Don't wait any longer, don't plan another planning meeting. Now is the time to keep advancing in the right direction, keep pursuing your dreams and make them a reality.

You may feel like you don't have the strength to move. The truth is, the longer you wait and chose to focus on the "coulda, shoulda, woulda," the worse the condition gets.

Chinese philosopher Lao-tzu said "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Take that first step and keep moving forward. As you keep moving, hope will begin to rise. You will start sensing strength and passion rise up within you and things will begin to align. Before you know it, you'll have a renewed burst of energy that you need to overcome those seemingly insurmountable challenges.

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/06/keep-moving-forward.html
Re: Why You Should Keep Moving Forward by Sanboy25: 6:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
Thanks for this uplifting message. grin
Re: Why You Should Keep Moving Forward by infonubia(m): 6:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
Sanboy25: Thanks for this uplifting message. grin

Sanboy25, thanks for reading it. I'm glad the post had a positive effect on you.
Re: Why You Should Keep Moving Forward by Sanboy25: 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
infonubia: Sanboy25, thanks for reading it. I'm glad the post had a positive effect on you.
You're welcome. grin

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think Nairaland Should Start Having News Headlines? / More Smileys Please ! ! / Fraudsters Hack Nigerian Army's Email

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.