Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Why Do People Say ''do You Understand'' When Talk? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do People Say ''do You Understand'' When Talk? (635 Views)

Help! Family Members Say Do Not Ever Call Me Again / Sh*t Somali People Say/do---funny Video / Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Say ''do You Understand'' When Talk? by JoelFelix(m): 6:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
I have been observing this for a longtime now, when somebody is speaking with someone he will ask the other one that ''do you understand''? While the person speaking to you is not through with what his saying. So it do confuses me that is why i'm seeking for your opinion to help me out.
Re: Why Do People Say ''do You Understand'' When Talk? by meobizy(f): 1:06am On Jan 09, 2019
It has to do with inferiority complex. They mostly feel their explanation or gist is not being expressed properly so they need your consent before they continue. They’ve done it so long in their life that it becomes second nature. Try and advice them to stop saying it and watch how their confidence in speaking grows when they do.

[UPDATE]
Hmm. Poor guy. I bet he waited for years and didn’t get a reply. I guess my answer came too late. Oh well, at least it’ll help someone else.

(1) (Reply)

Prahlad 82 ,the Man Who Has Lived Without Water Or Food For D Past 70 Years / Ever Encountered A "Sleeper" In A Bus? / The Igbo Tribe According To Wikipedia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.