Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed (6787 Views)

Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites / Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station / 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by awodman: 6:01am On Jun 11, 2013
Siemens Nigeria, a major player in the country’s power sector has successfully handed over the Geregu II gas turbine power plant in Ajaokuta, Kogi State to the Niger Delta Power Holding Company, NDPHC.

The plant, which was completed on schedule, is part of a turnkey construction project, in which Siemens supplied three E-class gas turbines as well as the associated generators.

With a generation capacity of 434 megawatts (MW), Siemens in statement said the plant will play an important role in increasing power supply in Nigeria.

“In Nigeria, planning is already underway for additional projects using this type of turbine,” said Lothar Balling, Head, Gas Turbine Power Plant Solutions at Siemens Energy.

“The Geregu II power plant has strategic significance when it comes to improving the power supply in our country as well as for the stability of Nigeria’s power grid. We’re very satisfied with how this important project has been implemented, and we’re proud to be working with Siemens,” said James A. Olotu, Managing Director of NDPHC.

The statement further reads: “Following the Afam V and Geregu I plants, Geregu II is now the third gas-turbine power plant to be constructed by Siemens in Nigeria as a turnkey project and completed on schedule.

“The scope of delivery supplied by Siemens for Geregu II included three SGT5-2000E gas turbines, three SGen5-100A generators, as well as all the electrical systems and the SPPA-T3000 control system.

“Siemens had also supplied three E-class gas turbines, generators, and the control technology for the Geregu I power plant. Siemens has already sold over 460 SGT5-2000E gas turbines worldwide. With over 14 million equivalent hours of operation, this turbine has a very high amount of operating experience.

“Nigeria is Africa’s most populous country with extensive oil deposits, and with a gross domestic product of over $200 billion, its economy is one of the largest in Africa.

“The Nigerian government has developed the Vision 2020 programme to further expand the country’s energy system. By 2020, Nigeria plans to increase the country’s generation capacity by five to eightfold from its current level of approximately 5 gigawatts (GW).

“In April 2012, Siemens met with the Nigerian President to sign a memorandum of understanding regarding the delivery of additional power plant components.

“The SGT5-2000E gas turbines that were installed in Geregu II are suitable for all load ranges, particularly for peak load operation. Thanks to their reliability, robustness and service friendliness, they are ideal for the requirements of the Nigerian market.”

Source:www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/siemens-hands-over-geregu-ii-to-ndphc/

2 Likes

Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 11, 2013
Good!!, if nigeria could jst hav 24hr/7day of electricity come 2018 then I might relocate sharp sharp grin

1 Like

Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by otokx(m): 6:40am On Jun 11, 2013
We have heard
Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by tempest01(m): 7:47am On Jun 11, 2013
i think we should shut down all other aspects of this country and focus on power with a one year plan. all old and morbid facilities should be brought down, and new plants raised up from the scratch with modern standards. National grid should be decentralised and gas,coal (and other available resources) plants should be used for the south while Hydro, solar etc for north.

1 Like

Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Wendyslim(f): 7:51am On Jun 11, 2013
As the power plant increases na so the power supply dey worse. Last ten years the power supply is far far better dan now when we have more power plant. Abegiiiii

1 Like

Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by awodman: 8:43am On Jun 11, 2013
Wendyslim: As the power plant increases na so the power supply dey worse. Last ten years the power supply is far far better dan now when we have more power plant. Abegiiiii
Madam how can u make such a blanket assertion?...power supply is far better 10 years ago??...if u care to know let me educate you a little...

Nigeria in the last 2 years have completed most power plants but there is the problem of weak transmission infrastructure to transmit this light to houses and offices..
And u may ask what is govt doin about this?..yes they have admiited that this is an issue and the steps taken so far to correct this include but not limited to:
1) building of smart power grids ƒσя which recently $3.7 billion dollars was released to complete ongoing works
2) building of 330kv and double circuit lines(a thread on that made front page on this forum)
3) transfer of TCN to an efficient manager and in this case Manitoba has already swung into action

So hopefully before Dec 2013 the gap between generated and distributed power must have been closed up and we Nigerians will start enjoying constant electricity.So I implore you 2 be optimistic..

10 Likes

Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Mavor: 2:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
Our Power Transmission network is $hit. So build all the power stations you like. It wont still effect a better change for the masses. All na wash.
Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Nonybb: 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
Toaskarity: Good!!, if nigeria could jst hav 24hr/7day of electricity come 2018 then I might relocate sharp sharp grin
shut up WE dont need u, diaspora slav.es with rented accent

2 Likes

Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by buoye1(m): 2:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
Lol
Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
Toaskarity: Good!!, if nigeria could jst hav 24hr/7day of electricity come 2018 then I might relocate sharp sharp grin

Many would and so many businesses would too . . .
Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Rossikk(m): 2:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
Mavor: Our Power Transmission network is $hit. So build all the power stations you like. It wont still effect a better change for the masses. All na wash.
Use yor brain. There is major work ongoing to upgrade the distribution system. Chew on that instead of posting rubbish.

1 Like

Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Policewoman(f): 2:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
ok
Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by AbuMikey(m): 2:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
I just hope say________________________________.
Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by excondido(m): 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
Rubbish.....is like the more power stations they establish the lesser the hour one has electricity.
Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Chubhie: 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2013
Good development tho, i nefa see light in ma own side of AJ city.
Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
When I say GEJ is my best president ever, concrete landmark like this are my proofs.

But you say there is no 24 light in your house and I say wait.We on track and we are getting there. Only never allow those sabotaurs near the corridor of power again. NEVER.

4 Likes

Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by supaeagles(m): 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
tempest01: i think we should shut down all other aspects of this country and focus on power with a one year plan. all old and morbid facilities should be brought down, and new plants raised up from the scratch with modern standards. National grid should be decentralised and gas,coal (and other available resources) plants should be used for the south while Hydro, solar etc for north.
Imagine if the same scenario was played out in the human body: To attain good health you shut down all systems (including 'waste management') and just focus on eating healthy. I doubt if that human would survive more than a week. smiley That said, your point on the importance of reliable power supply is very valid. Power generation/supply is a critical public infrastructure that is required in our nation in order to sustain and aid our economic growth and the livelihood of people. It can be one of the major milestone achievements of the current administration if they are successful. Kudos to their efforts so far but they will only be judged based on results and not on press releases!

2 Likes

Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by usayab(m): 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2013
Law of PHCN 2013 states: The higher the MW the low the quantity of power supply provided that PDP remains constant.
Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Erifenz: 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2013
Na today
Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Okijajuju: 2:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
Its Fresh Air again....

Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by HAH: 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2013
This power plant was commissioned by Obasanjo in 2007.

So who is fooling who ?

3 Likes

Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Mavor: 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2013
Rossikk: Use yor brain. There is major work ongoing to upgrade the distribution system. Chew on that instead of posting rubbish.
Upgrade wen no dey ever finish. Another avenue to siphon public funds. Go sidown jare!!!
Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Cholison(m): 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
Good development, but why are we still in darkness in Lokoja? What baffles most of us is that Kogi State has no light yet we are host to this type of project. We need explanation to convince us that all is well otherwise we will be forced to believe that no additional megawatt has been added. For the past two weeks the usual one hour candle light we normally enjoy is not forth coming yet the bills are being circulated.

1 Like

Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Ngwakwe: 2:52pm On Jun 11, 2013
Had this Power Station been a South West State initiative that was completed, we will be getting a complementary write-ups from all Yorubas but alas most have become hypocrite.

When a zone thinks that others are gullible if not silly by using the media to propagate their achievements while at the same time scrutinising and criticising any other that does same.

Let appreciate good things without bitterness and rancour.

1 Like

Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Rossikk(m): 2:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
Mavor: Upgrade wen no dey ever finish. Another avenue to siphon public funds. Go sidown jare!!!
If you'd studied engineering as opposed to being a loafer, you 'd know it takes years to establish a power distribution system, not weeks.
Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Rossikk(m): 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
Cholison: Good development, but why are we still in darkness in Lokoja?
Because the plant has not been integrated into the grid, having only just been completed.
Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Nightshift(m): 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
My joy here is the fact that, the real people who understand the technology of power plants and generation are getting the chance to help Nigeria get up. Germany's Siemens AG is a renowned expert in this field.
If Nigeria is serious about development, we must hands-off Chinese technology, especially in our power sector.
Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Mavor: 3:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
Rossikk: If you'd studied engineering as opposed to being a loafer, you 'd know it takes years to establish a power distribution system, not weeks.
You joker. We are not talking about building a brand new power tx network. upgrade taking years instead of months? Clowns like you are running this country to the grave.

1 Like

Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by KokoBeware: 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
Mavor: You joker. We are not talking about building a brand new power tx network. upgrade taking years instead of months? Clowns like you are running this country to the grave.

What do you know about the current transmission network? Do you even know the size of nigeria... You are obviously the clown in this matter...

2 Likes

Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by awodman: 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
HAH: This power plant was commissioned by Obasanjo in 2007.

So who is fooling who ?
There is a huge difference between GEREGU 1 and GEREGU 11...Geregu 1 generates 414 MW and Geregu 11 generates 434 MW

A little research would have saved you this embarrassment...

2 Likes

Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by Mavor: 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2013
KokoBeware:

What do you know about the current transmission network? Do you even know the size of nigeria... You are obviously the clown in this matter...
Upgrading since OBJ came in 99? What of the $6 billion he sank in power restructuring? All in Swiss accounts. Y'all niggaz need to wake the fu<k up.
Re: 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed by tempest01(m): 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
supaeagles:
Imagine if the same scenario was played out in the human body: To attain good health you shut down all systems (including 'waste management') and just focus on eating healthy. I doubt if that human would survive more than a week. smiley That said, your point on the importance of reliable power supply is very valid. Power generation/supply is a critical public infrastructure that is required in our nation in order to sustain and aid our economic growth and the livelihood of people. It can be one of the major milestone achievements of the current administration if they are successful. Kudos to their efforts so far but they will only be judged based on results and not on press releases!
I get ur point, maybe shutting down will be extreme, but a state of emergency should be declared in that sector, and it should be the MAIN focus for a carefully estimated minimal tym. Experts should be brought in to make a feasible report which will carter for the now and for the long term expansion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Reschedules Assembly Poll In Eight Bayelsa Constituencies / Northern Elders Set For War Against The South West Over Saraki / World's Tallest Man Dies; Aged 26 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.