Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

NDLEA Arrested Three Men For Ingesting Narcotics Weighing 3.085kg - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Arrested Three Men For Ingesting Narcotics Weighing 3.085kg (579 Views)

NDLEA Arrests Drug Baron Shipping $23m Narcotics To S’africa (pictured) / NDLEA Arrests Student, 4 Others Over Possesion Of 10. 255kg Narcotics (Photos) / Two Nigerian Anti- Narcotics Officials ‘abscond’ With Seized Drugs (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrested Three Men For Ingesting Narcotics Weighing 3.085kg by euromoney(f): 9:19am On Jun 11, 2013
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency(NDLEA) has arrested three men at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos for ingesting 161 wraps of narcotics weighing 3.085kg.
Two of the suspects were importing the drugs into the country while the third person was caught attempting to export the drugs to London. One of the suspects alleged that drug barons were after his life for excreting the drugs he ingested at the airport toilet in Doha.
NDLEA Airport commander, Mr Hamza Umar who confirmed the arrests gave the names of the suspects as Elioku Simeon Chibuzor, 28, Ogbu Obioma Leonard, 37 and Uzobude Vitus Uju, 43yrs.According to Hamza, “Elioku ingested six wraps of cocaine from Brazil weighing 0.095kg, Ogbu ingested
1.175kg of heroin from Pakistan and Uzobude with dual citizenship of Nigerian and Germany ingested 100 wraps of cocaine weighing 1.815kg on his way to London”.Chibuzor, 28 who is an auto parts dealer, said that he
ingested 80 wraps of drugs claiming that he excreted the drugs in Doha.
He was arrested during the inward screening of passengers on Qatar airline flight. While on observation, he excreted 6 wraps of powdery substances weighing 95 grammes that tested positive for cocaine He said: “They promised to pay me 2,000 dollars to smuggle the drugs from Brazil to
Doha. When I got to Doha, the person who ought to collect the drug from me failed to show up. It was for fear of being caught that made me to dispose the drugs at the airport toilet. I never knew that six wraps were left in my stomach. Now, I have been arrested and the owners of the drugs are after my
life”.Ogbu Leonard, who ingested 55 wraps of heroin in Pakistan weighing 1.175kg, lamented “I went to Islamabad in March 2012 to work and earn a good
living. Unfortunately, my situation got worse. It was so bad that I was looking for money to come home.That was how I made up my mind to smuggle drugs. They promised to pay me N600,000.00k”
Source: www.dailyindependentnig.com/2013/06/ndlea-arrests-three-men-at-lagos-airport/

(1) (Reply)

Shocking: Father Lacerates Back Of 14-month-old Baby / Man Tortures Son To Death, Buries Corpse / 4 Children Die As Building Collapses In Jigawa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.