Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. (4240 Views)

Atiku, Tinubu In Race For APC Bot Chair / "Alleged Boko Haram Member Disguised As Woman Was A Nigerian Soldier" - SR / Tinubu May Emerge as APC BoT chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by boladez(m): 10:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
I want to assume for the sake of argument that Buhari, sherrif, tinubu et al are boko men. They have put their money where their mouth is and not afraid to do their thing.

Someone has the mandate to protect the 1999 constitution and ensure internal security as well as ward off external aggression.

If the boko people are still roaming the streets and can go as far as contesting for senior APC positions it means

....the man or men saddled with keeping the streets clean must be asleep or a retardeen
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by VolvoS60(m): 10:45pm On Jun 11, 2013
thelastPope:

I can come here and insult you all day and I might be justified but I choose to appeal to your inner conscience. You dont need to vote for GEJ or support him, but these your campaign to pull down Nigeria isnt working and will never work. If you truly believe in Nigeria, then you lot must stop the hate.

GEJ is not being criticized because of bad governance, but because he is a minority who "have taken the north's slot". If you say I am wrong, then why was he being criticized from the day he became president?

^^^^
You made a few solid points in some parts of your post (which I didn't bother pasting here). Unfortunately you lost your way soon thereafter.

Not everybody is 'campaigning to pull Nigeria down'. At least I am not. All I am interested in is a country that works, full stop. And I know GEJ and his party cannot deliver that to me.

You claim GEJ is being persecuted because he is a minority and not because he is underperforming. That statement sir, is FALSE. GEJ is being put through the wringer because he is failing. He will not be spared because he is a minority.

OBJ and Yaradua failed Nigerians and they are justly criticized for this. GEJ will not be given special treatment because he is a minority. No sir. All Nigerians want is somebody that will fight their corner against the vested political and economic interests that have held this country by the jugular for so long. Has GEJ done that? No. And you think he will not be criticized?

1 Like

Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by thelastPope(m): 2:00am On Jun 12, 2013
VolvoS60:

^^^^
You made a few solid points in some parts of your post (which I didn't bother pasting here). Unfortunately you lost your way soon thereafter.

Not everybody is 'campaigning to pull Nigeria down'. At least I am not. All I am interested in is a country that works, full stop. And I know GEJ and his party cannot deliver that to me.

You claim GEJ is being persecuted because he is a minority and not because he is underperforming. That statement sir, is FALSE. GEJ is being put through the wringer because he is failing. He will not be spared because he is a minority.

OBJ and Yaradua failed Nigerians and they are justly criticized for this. GEJ will not be given special treatment because he is a minority. No sir. All Nigerians want is somebody that will fight their corner against the vested political and economic interests that have held this country by the jugular for so long. Has GEJ done that? No. And you think he will not be criticized?

Please go back and re read my post. I stated clearly that GEJ should be criticized as far as policies are concerned. Criticized, not insulted and antagonized! Please check your dictionary for an understanding of the difference. Please answer my questions on the last paragraph of the post you quoted. If it is about bad governance, what had he done wrong on the day he was sworn in to warrant criticism? A man just assumed office and you start to insult him and say he should be thrown out, when he had not even spent a day there and you say it is genuine criticism? Haba!
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by VolvoS60(m): 7:07am On Jun 12, 2013
thelastPope:

Please go back and re read my post. I stated clearly that GEJ should be criticized as far as policies are concerned. Criticized, not insulted and antagonized! Please check your dictionary for an understanding of the difference. Please answer my questions on the last paragraph of the post you quoted. If it is about bad governance, what had he done wrong on the day he was sworn in to warrant criticism? A man just assumed office and you start to insult him and say he should be thrown out, when he had not even spent a day there and you say it is genuine criticism? Haba!

^^^^
I read your post before making my comments so there's no need for me to re-read it.

Sir, I may not be as well educated as your good self but I already know the difference between (justified) criticism and insults/antagonism. And I can assure you that all three come with the territory called 'public office'. It is naive to expect that a public official will not be 'insulted and antagonized' so your plaintive wailing for Nigerians to 'show love' to GEJ & his team will not be given any consideration. What do you want - a group hug? angry Other countries with far more effective political leadership are even harsher with their public officials than Nigeria is - and there is a compelling reason for this. These other countries recognize that eternal vigilance is the price of liberty and they keep their political leaders on their toes. To whom much is given, much is expected.

Sir, you claim GEJ was unjustly criticized from the day he was sworn in, the North threatened to make the country ungovernable etc. etc. That is simply not true. Go back and check the records. One man made the statement about the country being made ungovernable. And if that man broke the law with that comment (as many suspect he did), then what is the government waiting for? The government knows what to do - it should go ahead and do it. As for your other comments about unjust criticism from the day GEJ was sworn in, I urge you sir to differentiate between critical commentary (on GEJ) by politicians with vested interests and critical commentary by ordinary Nigerians.

Millions of Nigerians desperately wanted GEJ to succeed for so many reasons - he is from a minority ethnic group whose region earns the forex we need to sustain our imports, he has a doctorate, he was unjustly persecuted by dark forces in the heat of UMYA's health crisis, he does not belong to Nigeria's traditional power blocs, etc. What these Nigerians failed to do was to properly scrutinize the man and his antecedents. I personally lost all faith when in 2007 GEJ tarried in declaring his assets until he was more or less compelled to do so - I am in no way surprised that official corruption is still what it is today. The signs were there in 2007.

Unless GEJ gets his act together, he will end up going the OBJ & UMYA route. These men (OBJ in particular) did not build institutions while in power and as such they have no real legacy to speak of today. Is that what GEJ wants?
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 12, 2013
solomon111: This country should be divided,because, we're just wasting our time.
How can people defend individuals with unusual connections to terrorists,if not for bigotry.?
Divide this bloody country and let everybody choose who they want to associate with.
It's despicable that someone like sheriff may potentially have connections to the seats of power in my country in the future.

That's is the only way forward! Imagine peeps in here defending all manners of characters both from the ruling class and from the opposition?

We are finished! Our senses has been privatized a long time ago.

Thought we the citizens shld gather all these old fools from the 36 states of the federation irrespective of their tribe, region, religion, ethnicity nor party affiliation both now and in the past and set them all ablaze and end their era and start afresh with people that has not been a part of them as our new leaders but sadly these criminals from various camps has succeeded in purchasing the minds and souls of all those who needs liberation from their years of oppressive rule with so many years of stagnation to now be the ones to fight their battles both online and off line.

Thought education was meant to expunge this sort of ideology but sadly it failed since we all can't fight our common enemies rather our common enemies makes us to fight ourselves for their sake.

Shame on us all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Launches Presidential Campaign Fund / *** Jonathan's Campaign Manager Just Started Campaigning For Buhari*** / Drone At APC Rally....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.