Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Its Official, Man City Have JESUS - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Its Official, Man City Have JESUS (469 Views)

(official)man Utd Signs Angel Di Maria(pictures).is This D Player D Club Needs? / Manchester City Have Completed A Deal For Young Malmo FF Striker Zacharias Faour / Man City Have Faith In JESUS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Its Official, Man City Have JESUS by futbolman: 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2013

Manchester City have completed the £14.9m signing of Spain international Jesus Navas from Sevilla.

Navas, 27, underwent a successful medical in New York where he is currently with the Spain squad.

After joining Sevilla’s youth system at the age of 15, he was handed his senior debut just two years later – coming off the bench against Espanyol in November 2003.

Clubs across Europe were finally alerted to his talents during the UEFA Cup campaign of 2006, when the winger played in all 12 of Sevilla’s matches on the road to lifting the trophy.

Navas was a one-club man - he has spent the last 10 years with Sevilla, making 393 appearances and scoring 34 goals.
Ahead of Spain's friendly with Ireland, Navas has won 23 Spain caps and was part of the squad which won the World Cup and European Championships.

Navas told the club website: "Manchester City is an exciting project and this is the right moment for me to take this step. I'm very happy with the opportunity and the decision.

"The Premier League is a competition where the football is very fast and will suit the way I play. I'm really looking forward to it.

"I'm going to a great club in England and I want to continue developing my game there. The club has put a lot of faith in me and I want to repay them out on the pitch." Man city has to put Faith in Jesus, but how will Navas fit in to the team?

Navas won the Europa League or UEFA Cup twice with Sevilla, plus the Super Cup and two Copa del Rey titles.

He becomes City's second signing of the summer, following the arrival of Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk last week
Navas will also bring his Champions League experience to the Etihad Stadium, enjoying a season in the competition in 2009, when he scored twice and recorded three assists in just eight appearances.

This move will give City width, with Nasri and Silva deployed to the wings, despite it not being their natural roles, Navas will thrive there, cos he is more of a winger than Nasri and Silva.

The English game thrives on wing play. I hope with Jesus coming to town, Manchester city will return to winning ways again.

Read full story: [url]ow.ly/lVG46[/url]
Re: Its Official, Man City Have JESUS by tempest01(m): 8:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
this transfer window will be exciting sha
Re: Its Official, Man City Have JESUS by oluwaoghene: 8:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
tempest01: this transfer window will be exciting sha

I hope so for Arsenal fans. Every is signing , Wenger wont. All we hear is he has 70 mil to spend and yet no new faces yet.

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Lose Possession Battle For First Time In 317 Games / Video: MK Dons 4 – 0 Manchester United [ Capital One Cup] Highlights / FA Cup : Arsenal Vs Hull City (2 - 0) On 4th Jan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.