Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:42 AM

Please Help With Ny Dstv Dual View Decoder - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Please Help With Ny Dstv Dual View Decoder (3662 Views)

CTL Dual View Decoder For Sale In Benin / HELP! !! How Can I Split A Single View Decoder And Watch Different Channels On / Complete DSTV Dual View Decoder + Dish + Cards For Sale. (Free Delivery) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help With Ny Dstv Dual View Decoder by Everfrank(m): 10:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
Tv 2 of my dual view decoder won't display channel line up anymore. Called dstv twice but their directve to rescan the decoder didn't solve the problem. Tv 1 is ok but tv 2 only displays some obscure channels denoted by letters and numbers that don't show anyway.Pls help.
Re: Please Help With Ny Dstv Dual View Decoder by olenyi: 8:38am On Jun 12, 2013
Everfrank: Tv 2 of my dual view decoder won't display channel line up anymore. Called dstv twice but their directve to rescan the decoder didn't solve the problem. Tv 1 is ok but tv 2 only displays some obscure channels denoted by letters and numbers that don't show anyway.Pls help.

Cant remember how again but Press and hold the ''shift'' button on ur remote until it starts blinking. Den press the tv button on the top left hand of ur remote and select ''west africa''. If a list with public, africa, west africa, etc doesn't come out. Den just press the tv button without the shift button and see what happens.

What is ur location? If it pessists, disconnect the two decoders and take them to their main office in ur state not a dealer. They should be able to rectify it in a jiffy.

Regards.
Re: Please Help With Ny Dstv Dual View Decoder by twinskenny(m): 10:02am On Jun 12, 2013
Everfrank: Tv 2 of my dual view decoder won't display channel line up anymore. Called dstv twice but their directve to rescan the decoder didn't solve the problem. Tv 1 is ok but tv 2 only displays some obscure channels denoted by letters and numbers that don't show anyway.Pls help.
first of all... follow olenyi instruction if that does not work.. try swapping the signal cable of tv1 and tv2.. just to make sure youo have signal running in both cables. this should sort it. or press tv on your remote control and select KU AFRICA or ALL CHANNELS

good luck
Re: Please Help With Ny Dstv Dual View Decoder by pofolo(m): 11:15am On Jun 12, 2013

FRANK,
guess there is a new frequency in town distorting your tv2 ( hope you are not in ibadan or area close to it).
if after all my ogas have advise above, and still no change.
go to menu, tv installation, and tv2 uhf tuning. make sure the uhf tuning is not anywhere close to any tv frequency you have in your area.
that problem is so so common in ibadan now because of 2 additional stations within a month, galaxy, mitv ibadan and so many dtd signal jams.
so once you change the tv uhf frequency, re scan your tv.......hope it helps.
Re: Please Help With Ny Dstv Dual View Decoder by twinskenny(m): 12:23pm On Jun 12, 2013
pofolo:

FRANK,
guess there is a new frequency in town distorting your tv2 ( hope you are not in ibadan or area close to it).
if after all my ogas have advise above, and still no change.
go to menu, tv installation, and tv2 uhf tuning. make sure the uhf tuning is not anywhere close to any tv frequency you have in your area.
that problem is so so common in ibadan now because of 2 additional stations within a month, galaxy, mitv ibadan and so many dtd signal jams.
so once you change the tv uhf frequency, re scan your tv.......hope it helps.
good point
Re: Please Help With Ny Dstv Dual View Decoder by olenyi: 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2013
^^^^

^^^^^

But the guy is talking about channel list on the decoder and not the rf output.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Ny Dstv Dual View Decoder by Everfrank(m): 10:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
Thanks men for your contributions. I tried all the above and rescaned the decoder severally to no avail. I still called dstv today and voiced my frustration. They decided to reset my smartcard on their system and then asked me to rescan the decoder, and that did the majic. All the channnel line up appears and work. I thank the house.
Re: Please Help With Ny Dstv Dual View Decoder by olenyi: 5:21am On Jun 14, 2013
Everfrank: Thanks men for your contributions. I tried all the above and rescaned the decoder severally to no avail. I still called dstv today and voiced my frustration. They decided to reset my smartcard on their system and then asked me to rescan the decoder, and that did the majic. All the channnel line up appears and work. I thank the house.

Nice one. wink
Re: Please Help With Ny Dstv Dual View Decoder by Everfrank(m): 12:16am On Jun 15, 2013
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Power Vu Updated / Ait Lagos 50° West (c Band) / TSTV Begins Shipments Of Decoders To Dealers All Across The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.