Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) (16648 Views)

See What Amaechi Did While The National Anthem Was Being Recited... / Nigeria's National Anthem Composer, Pa Ben Odiase, Dies / The Composer Of Nigeria's National Anthem, Pa Benedict Odiase, Has Died. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2013
R.I.P, All the Edo State ICONs and Heros in Highly places are gradually taking their ways....Lord take control upon my land of Edo State and Naija at large...
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by brownlord: 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
Okay, since the man don die, make we kukuma no dey use e anthem aagain, make we tell timaya, or tonto dike make e compose another one for us, but i suggest we use eedris

Nigeria jaga jaga, everything scatter scatter,

1 Like

Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by GLeesMODEL(m): 3:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
Oh! Painful! He left a footprint on the sand of time!
View to get consoled!
https://www.nairaland.com/1314770/photos-meet-contestants-face-unity
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by Mexyz(m): 3:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
Rip sir
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by chocopearl(f): 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
ngozievergreen: What are the differential diagnoses? Death in sleep......
a dead man can't breath
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by Lilimax(f): 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
brownlord:

Which version or country"s anthem is this?
I wonder ooo. He mixed the whole thing up tongue
RIP baba
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by Lilimax(f): 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
brownlord: Okay, since the man don die, make we kukuma no dey use e anthem aagain, make we tell timaya, or tonto dike make e compose another one for us, but i suggest we use eedris

Nigeria jaga jaga, everything scatter scatter,
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by paskido: 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
R.I.P Boss. 1st..p
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by valicious1(m): 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2013
RIP sir.

unfortunately ALL the labours of our heroes past are now invain cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

#BLOWS NOSE#
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by Praisemuyi(m): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2013
His picture should be on nigeria currency. He may not be popular but he was an achiever. Rip. Pa
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by NotNairalandi(m): 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
I bi iriot ooo.I think say the man don die tee tee.....awwwwwwww.RIP bro
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by NotNairalandi(m): 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
luckgood: Why is it that all these old people are dying this days? We dont know who's next...may God help us all. R.i.P.PAPA!
it may be you shaaa
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by idy15: 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2013
RIP! GREAT COMPATRIOT
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by gebest: 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
why did you not use my topic for Front page, i send mine before this one, you have cheated me.

1 Like

Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by KrisJay(f): 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
Pa Benedict, you left good foot print which I must acknowledge. Sleep on sir,till we meet again. Good night friend
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by hassymo5(m): 4:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
RIP PAPA!!!!

Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by ReubenAbati: 4:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
Great Anthem, Bad Country!

Reuben Abati -2003
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by chiefololade: 5:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
BEN ODIASE!!! Cant forget the name that won me a prize in a Nido competition when i was in primary school. RIPP....
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by 141samuel: 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
Wish our leaders follow the words of ur anthem, nigeria wil av be better place to be
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by GentleNaaz(m): 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
How we sang d anthem dose days

Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by Stormborn: 5:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
Nigerian government should build a monument of this guy in his home town or name any federal building after him
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by juman(m): 5:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
Very very sad news.

You have done your part. Condolence to all nigerians.

The lyrics are a combination of words and phrases taken from five of the best entries in a national contest. The words were put to music by the Nigerian Police Band under the directorship of Benedict E. Odiase.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arise,_O_Compatriots

Arise, O compatriots,
Nigeria's call obey
To serve our Fatherland
With love and strength and faith.
The labor of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain,
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace and unity.
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by IncomeTutor: 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
Unfortunately, our leaders have not
followed the meaning and intention
of the national anthem religiously.
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by Stormborn: 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
Arise o compatriots,nigerias call obey to serve our fatherland with love and strenght and faith, thou labour of our heros past shall never be in vain. To serve with heart and might one nation bound in freedom peace and unity.
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by juman(m): 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
valicious1: RIP sir.

unfortunately ALL the labours of our heroes past are now invain cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

#BLOWS NOSE#
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I feel you brother.

It's true ALL the labours of our heroes past are now in vain. Very unfortunate.

They develop their pockets instead of developing the nation. You know people of IBB generation are extremely nonsense people. Also most of the present leaders are under performing. Very sad country.
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by ingoditrust101: 5:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
can we know about the man?
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by adeyak83(m): 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
R.I.P good composer...it unfortunately that our leaders turned ur words down.
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by Emmyk(m): 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
Rip to him.
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by COOLDUN: 6:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
It is a pity that this great man's status was kept incommunicado till his death, nothing was heard about this man since 1070s when the new national anthem was composed by this late great man. I never heard nor knew his name till today. At least i know of the first national anthem composer in the name of Michael Taiwo Akinkumi but never heard of this great man till today.

This shows how bad Nigeria treat their great sons/daughters. We are hearing of idiots everyday, but kept the men of integrity at the back yard. RIP the great one , God receive your soul and grant your family the fortitude to bear you demise. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by manalejo(m): 7:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
Micheal Taiwo Akinkunmi designed the flag not compose any song.
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by bejeria101(m): 9:22pm On Jun 12, 2013
Krasid: you mixed the first and second stanza(last line).
Rest in peace sir,you will remain in our hearts.
a true national hero has fallen rip sir
Re: Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) by olatomiwa(f): 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2013
AnOlAd: Arise O compatriots
Nigeria call Obey
To serve our Fatherland
Help the Youth the truth to know....

Rest In Peace.....
olodo rapata

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom / Amina Mohammed Makes Her First Press Engagement As UN Deputy Secretary General / Sowore: APC Attacks Atiku, PDP For Condemning Buhari, DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.