Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

The Amokachie Interview! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Amokachie Interview! (1823 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Amokachie Interview! by Akolawole(m): 1:57am On May 19, 2006
Dan Owofena Amokachie. [The Bull]

His latest interview with FIFA.com : http://www.fifa.com/en/news/interview/0,4323,117828-N,00.html

From Ranchers bees through Belgium to the other part of the world.

1) What did you like about him?

2) Is there anything you hate about him?

Re: The Amokachie Interview! by nightrider: 10:57am On May 19, 2006
as far as i'm concerned Nigeria still doesn't have a footballer like him.
He was the driving force of Atlanta 96 team. He carried the team on his shoulders and i was elated when he got a well deserved goal in the final
Re: The Amokachie Interview! by Idekeson(m): 9:51pm On May 19, 2006
nightrider:

as far as i'm concerned Nigeria still doesn't have a footballer like him.

Amokachi has the heart, but limited skills. Nigeria has produced way better footballers over the years.
Re: The Amokachie Interview! by GUNNER(f): 9:53pm On May 19, 2006
true talk wink
Re: The Amokachie Interview! by Idekeson(m): 10:14pm On May 19, 2006
Did he really graduate from a New York Law School as a lawyer as the interview claims? I searched the New York attorney's list on line, but his name is not there.
Re: The Amokachie Interview! by GUNNER(f): 10:28pm On May 19, 2006
daniel amokachi a lawyer! undecided
Re: The Amokachie Interview! by Akolawole(m): 11:14pm On May 19, 2006
Idekeson:

Did he really graduate from a New York Law School as a lawyer as the interview claims? I searched the New York attorney's list on line, but his name is not there.

I personally dont want to judge US education but what can you say about Athlethes who were on scholarship in the States, run all over the world in various meets and still graduate with good grades.
Re: The Amokachie Interview! by Akolawole(m): 11:36am On May 20, 2006
What can i say about this man?

1) He is a workaholic player, never-say-die attitude.

2) In my own opinion,his best tournament for Nigeria is at Algiers '90 African cup of nations as a Ranchers bees boy just coming to the national team. No wonder he got foreign club straightaway.

3) One of the few Nigerians that were not "born-again". Uses his actual age.

4) He introduces fashion into the national team, he is the ring leader of the Ear-ring boys in the 90's

5) The worse part of him are (1) Buying a jet and his trainning as a pilot (2) Chairman of a faction in national team that spreads enemity(3) His friendship with Jim Nwobodo.
Re: The Amokachie Interview! by Greatpeter(m): 11:40am On May 28, 2006
He was a good player during his glorious days but he is stubborn.
He was the one who introduced "Mafia" in super eagles!
He was so close to late dictator Sanni Abacha.
He even planned to govern Nigeria sometime.
I like him as a player but he's just too obnocious.
Re: The Amokachie Interview! by Akolawole(m): 9:27am On May 30, 2006
Re: The Amokachie Interview! by spikelord(m): 11:20am On May 30, 2006
What's up with him?

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Bash Ali? / Gerrard: Pfa Fans Player Of The Year / Amos Adamu And Blatter's Dirty Deals In Fifa Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.