Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

My Seven Year Old Daughter And Her Teacher's BB - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Seven Year Old Daughter And Her Teacher's BB (776 Views)

If You Were Her Teacher, How Would You Handle This Situation? / Secondary School Girl Brings Her Entire Family To Beat Up Her Teacher / Heartwarming Letter A 9yr Old Wrote Her Teacher After He Came Out As Gay(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Seven Year Old Daughter And Her Teacher's BB by oolumide: 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
Nairalanders your ten kobo advice pls. My daughter is seven years but she started talking about using BB right from 5plus. But the intriguing part of it is, neither me nor my wife uses a BB. Also note me and my wife are also very private people, we dont keep friends, and we rarely go visiting thus exposure for my children is limited to sch, we and place of worship. Fast forward to now age 7. Some days back my daughter entered my car and saw car charger and she asked where I got BB charger frm. So I asked how she got to know it is a bb charger and she said it is from her teacher. Today she came home and started telling me how her teacher get info about big brother on her BB daily and she went describing how she types bolt and someone else. Now it all fell into place how she got to know about bb in age 5plus. So I asked her if her teacher makes use of bb in class. Now I must add that me and my wife are also guilty of slight exposure of my children to big brother thus my daughter talking about bolt is not the teacher making. Now do I take this up with the school? Is it right for teachers to be pinging in class to the extent that pupils are exposed to their activities? Your opinion.
Re: My Seven Year Old Daughter And Her Teacher's BB by oolumide: 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
Still waiting for your comments.
Re: My Seven Year Old Daughter And Her Teacher's BB by purplish(f): 6:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
I can understand ur shock...loool!

I can't blame u and ur wife for ur conservative lifestyle, because everyone can't be outgoing and extroverted. However, u need to understand that the world is evolving VERY FAST. I have a six year old brother that asked me what abortion means only a few months ago!

You can't also condemn her teacher for using her phone in front of her students, if you do that u'l have to condemn urself for using ur phone at work too despite the fact that you don't use a bb.

As for your daughter, u can tell her things like her aunt has studied hard and worked for her money, and so she can afford to use a bb. Try to make her understand that she's not ripe for it yet. Exposure is a very good thing but it can be used either positively or negatively. Give ur kids exposure by urself, so that they don't have to learn everything from the society and learn it wrongly! I hope this helps smiley

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News On ASUU Strike! / ASUU Strike / Supplementary List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.