Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,696 members, 7,851,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:09 PM

Business Owners: A Word Please! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Owners: A Word Please! (624 Views)

Ex-minister Dalhatu’s Firm, Chicken Republic Owners, Others Owe UBA N9.3bn / We Are Now Offering Smes, Startups, And Business Owners A Wonderful Opportunity / A Word Of Advice About (MONEY RITUALS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Owners: A Word Please! by Godmother(f): 9:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
I am going through such a trying time in my business right now. I'm getting unsatisfied customers a lot. It seems like for every 3 customers I get one leaves not too satisfied. I'm new in business n whatever effort I put in to change this isn't yielding much results.

I need a word of advice/encouragement from business owners who have gone through a similar experience before I loose my mind!
Re: Business Owners: A Word Please! by newacca: 10:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
Godmother: I am going through such a trying time in my business right now. I'm getting unsatisfied customers a lot. It seems like for every 3 customers I get one leaves not too satisfied. I'm new in business n whatever effort I put in to change this isn't yielding much results.

I need a word of advice/encouragement from business owners who have gone through a similar experience before I loose my mind!
Tough times don't last,tough people do. what kind of business are you doing? is it a service business or product biz? do you have little knowledge about the biz in your into?
Re: Business Owners: A Word Please! by daddy: 10:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
Why don't you create an avenue whereby you can get feedback from customers which can help you in rebranding?
Re: Business Owners: A Word Please! by Godmother(f): 4:25am On Jun 14, 2013
@ Newacca

I'm into Fashion and make-up business. I dnt get complaints from the make-up, just the fashion. And I spent about 10 months training for it so I have some experience. I have been sewing for over a year now.

@ Daddy

I dnt even need to create an avenue as they give me their feedbacks without me asking. Lol

1 Like

Re: Business Owners: A Word Please! by newacca: 8:54am On Jun 14, 2013
Godmother: @ Newacca

I'm into Fashion and make-up business. I dnt get complaints from the make-up, just the fashion. And I spent about 10 months training for it so I have some experience. I have been sewing for over a year now.

@ Daddy

I dnt even need to create an avenue as they give me their feedbacks without me asking. Lol
@godmother,
IMO some experience ain't enough,u need brilliant skills.I like ur industry as my wife is also in d industry though she jst completed her foundatn Diploma in Fashon but she had learnt d basic skill as apprentice for 1yr b4 d Diploma again. I'm on mobile right nw,when I get on my PC. I shld b able to offer detailed suggestions,advice and recommendatn. Passion n interest prevails when our biz is facing hard times. Keep d dream alive.
Re: Business Owners: A Word Please! by LordReed(m): 9:12am On Jun 14, 2013
The fashion business is very fickle & finicky and it requires a very large dose of people skills. I know how people treat fashion designers so I will advice you to begin to compliment your customers even more than they deserve. For instance if say a plump woman comes and you do something for her, when she's trying it out make effort to show her how much the clothes compliment her, believe me her complaints will be less. We all know that fashion is all about others looking at the wearer if the wearer perceives that the clothes leave something to be desired the cost of the clothes notwithstanding he/she will be dissatisfied with your service.

Another thing you should consider is do they all have the same complaints? If they do you'd need to either work on your skill in that area or get someone who does it better than you.
Re: Business Owners: A Word Please! by newacca: 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2013
Lord_Reed: The fashion business is very fickle & finicky and it requires a very large dose of people skills. I know how people treat fashion designers so I will advice you to begin to compliment your customers even more than they deserve. For instance if say a plump woman comes and you do something for her, when she's trying it out make effort to show her how much the clothes compliment her, believe me her complaints will be less. We all know that fashion is all about others looking at the wearer if the wearer perceives that the clothes leave something to be desired the cost of the clothes notwithstanding he/she will be dissatisfied with your service.

Another thing you should consider is do they all have the same complaints? If they do you'd need to either work on your skill in that area or get someone who does it better than you.
Nice tip

(1) (Reply)

Maximizing Your Brand Identity To Increase Your Revenue (part 1) / / Food Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.