Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,353 members, 7,954,414 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:33 PM

Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. (8823 Views)

Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production / Confab: FG Sets Up Presidential Committee On Implementation / Presidency, Experts Fault Presidential Committee Report On Chibok Abduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by Smartsyn(m): 10:03pm On Jun 13, 2013
Despite proscribing them and officially declaring them terrorists, the Federal Government on Thursday began dialogue with the 104 Boko Haram suspects being detained in Lagos prisons.

The federal government had explained that neither the proscription of the group, nor the state of emergency declared in three north eastern states would stop its negotiations for peace with the terrorists.

The Minister of Special Duties, Kabiru Tanimu, and Chairman, Presidential Committee on Dialogue and Peaceful Resolution of Security Challenges in the North, led the committee members to the meeting.

Mr. Tanimu told newsmen after the meeting that the visit was aimed at interacting with the suspects and chart a new way forward.

“We came here basically to have interaction with people detained in connection with acts relating to terrorism. We have interacted and spoken to them and they responded very sincerely and frankly, and I think I can say that we were well informed about most of the things they were interested in.

“For now, we are more concerned with the release of vulnerable people and those not pinned down by the security agencies,” he said.

The minister said his committee had seen those the Directorate of Public Prosecution (DPR) advised for release.

“We have not seen any woman or child here, but even at that, I am sure the committee will make appropriate recommendations as far as the issue of their release is concerned.

“We have interacted with stakeholders. We have been informed and we have been given advices that will help in making our recommendation to government.

“I can assure you that the committee is on top of the situation as far as dialogue is concerned. We have no serious challenges at the moment.”

Some Nigerians including the opposition Action Congress of Nigeria had questioned the continued existence of the government’s negotiation committee after the president’s declaration of a state of emergency in Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe states. A PREMIUM TIMES poll had also shown that majority of Nigerians reject amnesty for the group, preferring that every individual should be punished for the crimes committed b them.

(NAN)

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/138698-presidential-committee-dialogues-with-104-boko-haram-suspects-in-lagos-prisons-minister.html
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by mentorandfriend(m): 10:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
first to comment. Good move by FG

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by Adamskuty(m): 10:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
Ok!

Second to comment sha! I'm getting closer #azonto.things# grin
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by brownlord: 10:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
Which kind confuse govt. be this now? how can they say A today and say something different tomorrow, why are they bent on lavishing our money on this amnesty programme?

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by Madawaki01(m): 10:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
Carrot nd .stick approach.or how dem dey call am
waitin for yuzedo to spit his trash on d thread
4th to comment...dancin azontokukerealingoetighigangnamstyle
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by ehispapa(m): 10:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
Are they still getting amnesty?
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by brownlord: 10:32pm On Jun 14, 2013
mentorandfriend: first to comment. Good move by FG

And you collected my position to post this trash?

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by ikchi: 10:34pm On Jun 14, 2013
All we need is PEACE.
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by hrykanu231(m): 10:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
No need 4 any dialogue.
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by musulumi(m): 10:36pm On Jun 14, 2013
First to comment in my dream! FG is making progress! GEJ is showing US what's obtainable in d developed world as far as terrorism is concerned. Kudos boss!
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by desh(m): 10:42pm On Jun 14, 2013
carrot n stick approach still in play.
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by Sundahjoe(m): 10:43pm On Jun 14, 2013
Dats a gud game. Well play
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by Kingslaw(m): 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2013
I hate trash!
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by mentorandfriend(m): 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2013
brownlord:

And you collected my position to post this trash?
How old are you?
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by greall1: 10:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
Rubbish !!!
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by meerkat(m): 10:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
This is crazy angry
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by brownlord: 10:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
mentorandfriend: How old are you?

Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by ishmael(m): 10:53pm On Jun 14, 2013
Did they say who their sponsors were?
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by largeoseni(m): 11:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
ishmael: Did they say who their sponsors were?
dumb!!!!! wud dey give up easily?

Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by SamConquer(m): 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
There is a Thread concerning ''How the Bible and Islam view Women''go to page 11 of that thread check my post to get the inside story.
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by ishmael(m): 11:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
largeoseni:
dumb!!!!! wud dey give up easily?
i don't expect them to. But that's the only thing nigerians are eager to hear from them.
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by Raymondfayowole(m): 11:21pm On Jun 14, 2013
musulumi: First to comment in my dream! FG is making progress! GEJ is showing US what's obtainable in d developed world as far as terrorism is concerned. Kudos boss!
Try again next tym
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by DarkFive: 11:21pm On Jun 14, 2013
Smh
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by Jaftee(m): 11:22pm On Jun 14, 2013
let me tell the their duty, go to the one we have nt catch, dialogue with them, let them agree with it, they will come to the presidency for amnesty. Then we will kill them all, bring the ones in jail and do likewise.
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by justsayemma(m): 11:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
Y do u people kip allowing dis govt to decieve u guys wit 4ny terms,like carrot n stick,cabals,opposition,etc. U guys r so slow,e know wat carrot n stick means.y will dey b risking d lives of innocent soldiers in d north,making noise on d media,n goin back 2 dialogue wit d so called terrorist.in a sane society,if u take up arms n declare ursef 2 b an enemy of d state,u wil face d music,cos every citizens lif is precious.
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by confusion247(m): 12:04am On Jun 15, 2013
justsayemma: Y do u people kip allowing dis govt to decieve u guys wit 4ny terms,like carrot n stick,cabals,opposition,etc. U guys r so slow,e know wat carrot n stick means.y will dey b risking d lives of innocent soldiers in d north,making noise on d media,n goin back 2 dialogue wit d so called terrorist.in a sane society,if u take up arms n declare ursef 2 b an enemy of d state,u wil face d music,cos every citizens lif is precious.
Jonathan is really confused, dialogue with terrorist? Only irresponsible government dialogues with murderers and terrorist. Federal government should shamefully withdraw and save the lives of innocent Nigerian soldiers in northern Nigeria and tell them that they are going to pay surviving boko haram members for killing innocent Nigerians.
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by CoenzymeA: 12:11am On Jun 15, 2013
How will the soldiers who risked their lives to capture these terrorists feel when they hear that they have been released? Amnesty should be for terrorists who willingly surrendered, not for the ones that are captured in the heat of a battle. However, I wish them luck in trying to put an end to this Canker-worm called BH.
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by fitzmayowa: 12:29am On Jun 15, 2013
If you think this move by GEJ aka Retardinho is dumb like this post

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by 3direct: 12:39am On Jun 15, 2013
Why will they keep them in lagos prison? Why!
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by 3ace(m): 6:08am On Jun 15, 2013
I thought these bunch of nuisance said government needs their amnesty not them. Why are they now cooperating? Una for still dey do strong head na, make dem kill all of una finish.
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by josiahriches(m): 6:38am On Jun 15, 2013
i am watching
Re: Presidential Committee Dialogues With Boko-Haram Suspects In Lagos Prisons. by Pinkybush: 6:40am On Jun 15, 2013
This govt is really confuse. I knew it b4 now dat dis is exactly wat is going 2 happen. Wat will dialodge and amnesty do 2 those dat are fighting 4 Islamic state? Instead of allowing them 2 hands off on their own, d confuse committee rather choose 2 go 2 prison.

(1) (2) (Reply)

REPS Postpone Sex Scandal Hearing / Buhari Not Against Restructuring - Ngige / Ndume Alleges Senators Smuggled In Magu’s Rejection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.