Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,689 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians (2026 Views)

7 Reasons To Hate Nigerians / Why Do The Black Community Hate Nigerians? / Why Does The Black Community Hate Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 14, 2013
Just saw this post put up by someone I know on why she hates Nigerians. She said:
1. They can’t be trusted
2. They are loud
3. They are hypocrites
4. They are judgemental
5. They are stuck up
6. They can be very unprofessional
7. They love to gossip
8. They take advantage of people

She is Nigerian too which is kind of weird that she wrote this but I think she cleared everything up in the article and she also explained each point that she made. I cant copy all of it here because of the way the article is formatted. If you want to read it, the article is here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/usmsam/8-reasons-why-i-hate-nigerians-baub

So Nairalanders, are there specific things you hate about Nigerians and do you agree with this article
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by Sec5(m): 8:05am On Jun 14, 2013
Let her go and hug transformer
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by thorpido(m): 8:08am On Jun 14, 2013
^^^seconded.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by Afrocatalyst: 8:10am On Jun 14, 2013
---
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by paulemi(m): 8:16am On Jun 14, 2013
see óde saying Nigerians are judgemental, putting up a post like that to describe a whole nation of over 160million different individuals, is that not being judgemental? she's got issues she needs to deal with, let her take care of it.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by martyns303(m): 8:24am On Jun 14, 2013
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by noobsaibot2(m): 8:24am On Jun 14, 2013
[size=18pt]ARE SHE A BOKO RAHAM [/size]
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by cikranco: 8:43am On Jun 14, 2013
Let her try lebanon
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 14, 2013
I absolutely agree with the stereotypes; especially 2, 3, 4, and 8.

Only a Nigerian will ask you to keep it real and end up judging you afterwards - psychotic people. grin grin

And Nigerians are loud as fvck. You'll know a Nigerian is coming from like 400m away. wink
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by Yeske2(m): 8:54am On Jun 14, 2013
She could jump off the new suspension bridge in Lagos for all i care.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by nikkyshyne(f): 9:23am On Jun 14, 2013
ShyM-X:
I absolutely agree with the stereotypes; especially 2, 3, 4, and 8.

Only a Nigerian will ask you to keep it real and end up judging you afterwards - psychotic people. grin grin

And Nigerians are loud as fvck. You'll know a Nigerian is coming from like 400m away. wink
Bla bla bla.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by Lilimax(f): 9:25am On Jun 14, 2013
noob-saibot:
[size=18pt]ARE SHE A BOKO RAHAM [/size]
Grammar in action shocked
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by 3ace(m): 9:29am On Jun 14, 2013
Does this mean that she doesn't have any of those attributes listed? I don't think she's qualified to say this.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by project8(m): 9:44am On Jun 14, 2013
Despite all this shortcomns coupled with fact that no country in the world is perfect.I love Nigeria in a way I cnt even explain.I bet she's not as free in the acclaimed country she like over Nigeria,racist,capitalists,saddists,slaughtern soldier on day light,boston bombers,shootn both students n teachers,haters and later blame it on other nation cos its aa crime bt am sure if it were a medal those pple won for them they wil claim them.yeye gal mayb d next time we wil hear frm u wil b frm ur cell cos u lured underage british kid to ave sex wit u.9ja til my casket drops GBAM
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by Gamji007: 11:32am On Jun 14, 2013
project8: Despite all this shortcomns coupled with fact that no country in the world is perfect.I love Nigeria in a way I cnt even explain.I bet she's not as free in the acclaimed country she like over Nigeria,racist,capitalists,saddists,slaughtern soldier on day light,boston bombers,shootn both students n teachers,haters and later blame it on other nation cos its aa crime bt am sure if it were a medal those pple won for them they wil claim them.yeye gal mayb d next time we wil hear frm u wil b frm ur cell cos u lured underage british kid to ave sex wit u.9ja til Boko Haram bomb me grin GBAM
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by paulemi(m): 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
paulemi: see óde saying Nigerians are judgemental, putting up a post like that to describe a whole nation of over 160million different individuals, is that not being judgemental? she's got issues she needs to deal with, let her take care of it.
saw op's post when i was preparing 4 d day's activities this morning, didn't really bother following d link to d original post before comenting cos it just pissed me off. Anyway, took the time 2 read it now and seriously the situation isn't really like op made it sound.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by dasparrow: 3:39pm On Jun 15, 2013
@Post

I took the time to click on the link and read the whole article. The author of the article had the opportunity to travel around the world and she was just reporting what other people from other nationalities think about Nigerians. At the end of the article she still says she is proud to be a Nigerian and ends with the slogan "Naija for life!"

Having said that, I do agree that many probably even most Nigerians display the 8 attributes that were listed and I personally hate that about most Nigerians too. I have also wandered why Nigerians carry religion on their head yet will never put into practice what their respective religions preach. It is also true that Nigerians on the average are loud. I also noticed that the ones in Nigeria will jack up the volume of their television so loud that after a while one begins to develop a headache if one is not used to it.

About being judgmental, that is true too. You will grow old trying to please the average Nigerian. Many will always look for ways to tear you down. No wonder a commenter on bellanaija.com once called Nigerians 'toxic losers' and I could not agree more. The commenter was responding to bellanaija commenters who were talking negatively about Stella damascus the actress. I mean, Nigerians will judge you based on your tribe, your marital status, your parenthood status, the type of job you do, the type of family you come from, the gender of the children you bore, etc. If one has such type of people around, you won't even enjoy any peace. It is no wonder many Nigerians always worry about what others will say. In fact, I agree with the article even though not all Nigerians are guilty of the 8 attributes listed.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why I Hate Nigerians by Freiburger(m): 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2013
usmsam: Just saw this post put up by someone I know on why she hates Nigerians. She said:
1. They can’t be trusted
2. They are loud
3. They are hypocrites
4. They are judgemental
5. They are stuck up
6. They can be very unprofessional
7. They love to gossip
8. They take advantage of people

She is Nigerian too which is kind of weird that she wrote this but I think she cleared everything up in the article and she also explained each point that she made. I cant copy all of it here because of the way the article is formatted. If you want to read it, the article is here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/usmsam/8-reasons-why-i-hate-nigerians-baub
So Nairalanders, are there specific things you hate about Nigerians and do you agree with this article
Op, tell her to come up here and tell us if she knows any group of people in the world that aren't doing atleast 7 from the garbages she listed.

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Actress Iyabo Ojo Is Working On New Movie / Pics: Woman Walks Naked Around New York And Most People Didn't Even Notice / Photo: The Eight Qualities Of A Perfect Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.