Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Jamb Cut Off - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Cut Off (3464 Views)

1.5 Million Candidates To Take JAMB, Cut-off Marks For 2016 Announced / 2013 JAMB CUT-OFF: List Of Universities And Their Jamb/post-utme Cut Off Marks / Jamb Cut Off Marks For Universities And Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamb Cut Off by Drayzeal(m): 8:22am On Jun 14, 2013
You are here: Home / JAMB / 2013 Cut-Offs May Be Less As Candidates Performance Was Below Average – JAMB!!
2013 Cut-Offs May Be Less As Candidates Performance Was Below Average – JAMB!!
june 13, 2013 by vnti leave a comment

In what seems to be contradictory to earlier reports by JAMB that this year’s results were better than last year’s own, the Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof. Dibu Ojerinde has accused candidates that sat for the 2013 JAMB examinations of performing below the expected standard.

Prof. Ojerinde further said there was nothing unusual from the way JAMB had previously conducted the examination.
Ojerinde, who was speaking in response to claims of sharp practices by hisagency during Channels Television’s morning flagship programme Sunrise Daily, also said the failure recorded is “a normal thing”.

In his words “I want to say that nothing unusual went wrong. Nothing happened other than that the performance of the children was not entirelygood enough…Finish”.

“It (performance) is not unusual. It is a normal thing” he said.
He also brushed off claims by an education consultant who claimed he led a protest to the head office of the examination agency and threatened to sue the agency before some results were released.

He however said the public were informed of pending results that were under investigation due to the inability of some of the candidates to thumb print while some could “not even do the normal thing”. Some were “suspected to be malpractice cases,” he added.

He explained that those with such cases were forwarded to a committee that will “decide if they truly did the right thing or not or if they really committed any offence which will necessitate cancellation”.

Whether or not this revelation will prompt a reduction in the cut off marks by JAMB, only time will tell as the Cutoff marks are expected to be released on June 18th when a meeting with the minister and Vc’s includingJAMB takes place,what is ur view to this.

1 Like

Re: Jamb Cut Off by Ibrahimlekzy(m): 9:10am On Jun 14, 2013
looking forward to hearing d new cut off....I pray it favours every one
Re: Jamb Cut Off by DaSoljar(m): 2:22pm On Jun 14, 2013
I pray its not more than 170 or 175 in the least
Re: Jamb Cut Off by vizboy(m): 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2013
Da_Soljar: I pray its not more than 170 or 175 in the least

1 Like

Re: Jamb Cut Off by deardayo: 6:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
If 2013/2014 jamb cut off marks are yet to come out, where on earth do some ppl find d cut off marks which they post all over d place claiming to be for each sch for d acedemic sesion
Re: Jamb Cut Off by vizboy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
deardayo: If 2013/2014 jamb cut off marks are yet to come out, where on earth do some ppl find d cut off marks which they post all over d place claiming to be for each sch for d acedemic sesion
that is the one for last year
Re: Jamb Cut Off by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 15, 2013
I pray it favours a whole lot of stdnts.... Bt i hrd dat if a candidate misses a qstn dey wil deduct 1 mrk 4rm d nxt corrct ansa he/she gts...wch means if u fail 100 qstns dey deduct 100 mrks 4rm d crrct ansa u provide... No b 'dem say'... I hrd it on NTA NEWS....
Re: Jamb Cut Off by vizboy(m): 1:18pm On Jun 16, 2013
Omavik: I pray it favours a whole lot of stdnts.... Bt i hrd dat if a candidate misses a qstn dey wil deduct 1 mrk 4rm d nxt corrct ansa he/she gts...wch means if u fail 100 qstns dey deduct 100 mrks 4rm d crrct ansa u provide... No b 'dem say'... I hrd it on NTA NEWS....
that is how jamb has always been. BTW you are cute and lovely
Re: Jamb Cut Off by Drayzeal(m): 11:00pm On Jun 16, 2013
Guyz jst kip ur fingeer crsoss,it will b 180 for westernn and eastern uni,while 170 for d northernn uni

(1) (Reply)

Scholarships Available For First Class Graduates In Nigeria / Lagos State Junior WAEC Timetable 2018/2019 Is Out / Times Animals Showed Sympathy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.