Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,041 members, 7,863,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:45 AM

Why Are Prayers Ineffective In Africa? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Prayers Ineffective In Africa? (810 Views)

Harvard Study Suggests Prayer Ineffective In Reducing Post-Surgery Complications / 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / Over Coming Fornication Is Not By Prayers Alone, Its Not The Sin The Sin Is Lust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Prayers Ineffective In Africa? by plaetton: 9:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
In Nigeria, we produce so much prayer power, that if prayer was an energy resource , we would have been supplying the sun with heat.
If prayer was part of our gross national product, we would be living in paradise.

What I find so funny and so silly is what I see in streets of some North American Cities. For example, I see a poster for a religious crusade with the captions " Bringing You God's Bountiful Harvest", and the below you will see "Pastor Dr. Abc from Tanzania, Prophet xyz from Zimbabwe, Bishop efg from Nigeria,etc.
Then I laugh at myself and ask wtf?
Its seems that god has once again, made a terrible choice on the people
who are supposed to be promoting and selling his bountiful Harvest..
Imagine! People from god-forsaken countries like Tanzania, Zimbabwe and Nigeria. Crossing over to north America to showcase and promote god's bountiful Harvest.?
Religion na wa wa.
Re: Why Are Prayers Ineffective In Africa? by manmustwac(m): 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2013
Prayers are just like a placebo. The medicine that eases the pressure of a hard life that most people live in Africa. Even if someone prayers for weeks or months or probably even years if that prayer is answered its ''To God Be The Glory'' when its usually luck chance or coincidence. Africans are very resilient people who can endure hardship and suffering on a scale that will never be tolerated in a developed country mainly because thier belief in God and prayers. In a developed country the masses will never tolerate the kind of nonsense that Africans have to put up with from their leaders, they would never bother with prayers there would be a revolution.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Prayers Ineffective In Africa? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2013
God is dead so all prayer is a waste of time
Re: Why Are Prayers Ineffective In Africa? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 15, 2013
Plaetton, how you talk! You seem to know much about how prayer works and not.
I am not going to try to dispute what you said, but like an iniquisitive child in the face of something unfamiliar, I have questions.
First of all, what do you consider prayer to be?
Re: Why Are Prayers Ineffective In Africa? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Why Are Prayers Ineffective In Africa? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2013
I have this odd feeling that God is racists.. only Israel matters.. seems to be working for them though they killed his ONLY begotten son and don't give a rat's ar5e for him
Re: Why Are Prayers Ineffective In Africa? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: I have this odd feeling that God is racists.. only Israel matters.. seems to be working for them though they killed his ONLY begotten son and don't give a rat's ar5e for him
Certainly. Ofcourse it happens very often.
A man, in a meeting to discuss how to eradicate hunger from the city, chose the toys he bought for his children.
I understand.
Re: Why Are Prayers Ineffective In Africa? by UyiIredia(m): 3:48pm On Jun 15, 2013
Hmmn. There's a funny thing about light. You shine it in the eye of a person, her first reaction is to close the eye. It's possible to shine the light of truth on others apart from oneself.
Re: Why Are Prayers Ineffective In Africa? by bolaino(m): 4:32pm On Jun 15, 2013
Who told u people that the lord doesn't answer prayers? Didn't u hear that daddy GO used his reserve tank to travel from onitsha to surulere, imagine that, isn't that a miracle? Who else can do that kind of feat except yeshuwa's father?
Re: Why Are Prayers Ineffective In Africa? by plaetton: 4:49am On Jun 17, 2013
bolaino: Who told u people that the lord doesn't answer prayers? Didn't u hear that daddy GO used his reserve tank to travel from onitsha to surulere, imagine that, isn't that a miracle? Who else can do that kind of feat except yeshuwa's father?

Some time ago, I was was harangued by a pastor who asked
me to make special prayer request to god. For the sake of peace, I finally agreed and wrote my prayer request in a piece of paper and then sealed it inside an envelope that he had given me.
He assure me that my special prayer request would be granted with alacrity.

Well, its been well over 10 yrs and my prayer request has not been granted.

I am wondering if , perhaps, some requests are just too big for god, or even perhaps that the envelop did to reach heaven because I omitted to pay the postage fees to heaven , lol,grin.

The request I made was for lasting peace in the middle east.
Ironically, the region has gotten a lot more volatile and violent over the past 10 yrs.

Perhaps god is trying to teach me lesson on postage fees?
wink

1 Like

Re: Why Are Prayers Ineffective In Africa? by plaetton: 4:52am On Jun 17, 2013
Reyginus: Plaetton, how you talk! You seem to know much about how prayer works and not.
I am not going to try to dispute what you said, but like an iniquisitive child in the face of something unfamiliar, I have questions.
First of all, what do you consider prayer to be?

Oh, let me guess, prayer works in mysterious ways. Right?
Well, Similarly, lottery draws work in mysterious ways too.

If prayer works in mysterious ways, it simply means that you know nothing about prayers.

Similarly , if god works in mysterious ways, it also means that you know nothing about god.

If so, then religion is pointless.
Abi?
Re: Why Are Prayers Ineffective In Africa? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 17, 2013
I have this place close to my house where they mourn and wail almost daily asking God to crush their enemies and bring back their glory that has been hidden in trees and what-not. I keep wondering when God is going to answer them or if they enemies never run out of supply. It actually contributed to my becoming a deist.
God doesnt care about anyone more than anyone else. I believe he has created the laws to guide us to perfect living on this realm and these laws can only be unraveled through science (physics or metaphysics). And it is left for us to step up to the challenge or grow extinct. It was God who created the AS genotype knowing fully well the implications for SS sickness. It is we humans who worked out the implications through science. Not some pastor riding jet or some pastor who predicts football results. Science did it. Science.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

God- The Intelligent Designer / Deeper Life Pastor Defiles 2 Under-aged Girls / Pastor Who Worships And Preaches With The Use Of Deadly Snakes Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.