Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Davido: I Am Not At War With Wizkid - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido: I Am Not At War With Wizkid (897 Views)

Davido: I Paid N80m To Feature Meek Mill / Sophia Momodu Fires Back At Davido: 'I Curse The Day I Met You Kid’ (pics) / Davido: "I Begged Wandecoal And D'prince For A Selfie When I Was 14" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Davido: I Am Not At War With Wizkid by will2lead(m): 6:29am On Jun 15, 2013
Davido: IAM NOT AT WAR WITH WIZKID

MULTIPLE AWARD-WINNING MUSICIAN, DAVID ADELEKE A.K.A. DAVIDO HAS UPPED THE ANTE OF NIGERIAN CONTEMPORARY MUSIC WITH NUMEROUS HIT SONGS AND HE STILL WANTS TO DO MORE. HIS SONGS NOW DOMINATE AT PARTIES, CLUBS AND OTHER HANG OUTS. DAVIDO OPENS UP TO LANRE ODUKOYA ON HIS MANY PLANS, RELATIONSHIP WITH WIZKID, REPORTED RANCOR BETWEEN HIM AND SHINA RAMBO (HIS COUSIN) AND THE WOMEN IN HIS LIFE

NUMEROUS LAURELS…
I’m
honoured and grateful for all the awards I have been given. It’s humbling to be recognised at this stage of my life; that’s why my reaction to awards is to work
harder on my music and make more people happy.

NEXT ALBUM…
2014 is the year for my second album. I have a whole lot of new sounds to sample. So, from now till then I’ll be hard at work putting everything together. Serious work is needed because I am not making just another album, with ordinary songs to groove to, no. I’m taking my time to make the album that will be the album of the year. My sophomore album would definitely be a more experienced sound, a more international focus with everybody still in mind. I always put pleasing the people on top of my mind, so when I hear something I just tell my guys ‘they will love this’. My fans are my backbone; my sophomore album would still be about giving them the best.

MY FEARS…
It is hard to be fearful of anything if God is by your side. I’ve learnt that one must continuously work hard and be creative and flexible at the same time. So, if any creeps in, I just banish them.

WIZKID AND I…
Of course we are on talking terms. I have a lot of respect for Wizkid and his last single is one of my favorite jamz right now. I seriously don’t know why people always raise the issue and ask me if I’m cool with him. I thought by now they would be tired of it. And as for competition, the industry as a whole is competitive and there are many of us with different styles and tunes. Every artist just strives to stay unique and original. So, the question of Wizkid and I is just because we are two young guys in the industry that have done well and taken our stand in the industry; that’s why you people keep asking such questions.

CLASH WITH SHINA RAMBO…
There’s no story there; it’s just all rumours flying around. My cousin and I have too much love and bond that none of that can come between us. We practically grew up together and we have stood by one another from the beginning. So, there’s no story there that I know of.

PLANS FOR NEXT
QUARTER…
More singles, videos, shows and all that will be keeping me busy. Then again, like I said already, I have a whole lot of work to do; a lot of productions to make and beats to sample. The tracks I’m considering to release this year will need major attention. They won’t be just to enter the studio, record and come out. Imagine doing that for a whole lot of tracks. So, that’s how my year is going to be.

TOUR OF EUROPE…
Yes, it has been amazing to get a lot of fans asking for me in Europe, I’m just here for my people, my fans, people who love and support my music. Already, we did Vienna on Saturday and that was explosive. Antwerp Belgium is next and we’ll go round Europe till the end of June. Then my African tour comes up in July. It has truly been a blessing.

ABOUT MY LATEST VIDEO, ONE OF A KIND…
One of a Kind as you said is about celebrating the uniqueness and beauty of Africa. It’s about the women of Africa, the vibrant cultures and the colours. It’s also my way of respecting my heritage. The response across Africa is humbling. I’m grateful.

MY MUSIC DEAL IN THE UK…
Wow! How does news travel this fast? All I will say is that we are still in certain talks and in due time all will be made known.

THE PHOTO SCANDALS…
I have a wide fan base and I have a great deal of respect for my female fans. A lot of my songs are for women. I cannot be tired of the support from my fans.

WHAT I WOULD LOVE TO DO ASIDE MUSIC…
Music is my life so it’s hard to choose something else. I’d probably choose to be a pilot and I’ll do that one day, to get certified to fly. It’s an amazing thing to be in control of a machine in full flight.

Do visit: www.newsandgists.com for more breaking news and gists. Happy weekend

Re: Davido: I Am Not At War With Wizkid by nerodenero: 6:49am On Jun 15, 2013
Interesting interview,mature responses and wishing you more success in your career,amen

1 Like

Re: Davido: I Am Not At War With Wizkid by Adufaye(m): 8:15am On Jun 15, 2013
nerodenero: Interesting interview,mature responses and wishing you more success in your career,amen
seriously †ђξ guy head is der

(1) (Reply)

Reasons T-pain Won't Buy Gift For Kanye West's Baby / Steve Forbes Arrives Nigeria For Ebonylife TV Launch (photos) / Nollywood Actress Liz Da Silva Spotted With A intimacy gadget In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.