Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,708 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead (1589 Views)

Union Bank Takes Over Dangote’s Company Over Unpaid N4b Loan / Skye Bank Takes Over Mainstreet Bank / Which Bank Has The Best Domiciliary Account Services? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead by surveycash(m): 7:10am On Jun 15, 2013

Fellow NLers,

I need to open a corporate account for business, which of our banks offer the best services? I have once had a bad experience from one of them and I am thinking of getting another one. Imagine a bank closing your account just because you receive payment of the same amount of money severally?

Please, discuss your experiences and recommendations for corporate banking in Nigeria and which of them is loan-friendly.

Thank you.
Re: Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead by Youngzedd(m): 9:12am On Jun 15, 2013
GTBank and First Bankeeeee.
Re: Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead by eluquenson(m): 10:56am On Jun 15, 2013
surveycash:
Fellow NLers,

I need to open a corporate account for business, which of our banks offer the best services? I have once had a bad experience from one of them and I am thinking of getting another one. Imagine a bank closing your account just because you receive payment of the same amount of money severally?

Please, discuss your experiences and recommendations for corporate banking in Nigeria and which of them is loan-friendly.

Thank you.

Good thread I should say bt, I av a few questions to ask so that I will be conscious of these banks
1. Did u av a cash balance wen d acct was forcefully closed?
2. Did u make several withdrawals of same amount paid into ur acct?
3. What action did u now take after d closure.
I will appreciate if u can enlighten us on this issue
Re: Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead by surveycash(m): 11:40am On Jun 15, 2013
eluquenson:

Good thread I should say bt, I av a few questions to ask so that I will be conscious of these banks
1. Did u av a cash balance wen d acct was forcefully closed?
2. Did u make several withdrawals of same amount paid into ur acct?
3. What action did u now take after d closure.
I will appreciate if u can enlighten us on this issue
1. Yes
2. No
3. I was going to hold a forex workshop. This was in 2008 when I was a student. I did my campaign and marketing -radio, tv, posters, banners, etc. The target was to get just 200 participants to say 5k each so I can raise a million naira to increase my capital. I even took the handbills to the bank and even some staff promised to attend. 3 days to the seminar date, calls started coming in from my customers that the account has been blocked. By this time, I had only received 135k. I ran to the bank only to find out that it was real. I felt like flogging all the staff. From account officer to manager, I was roaming. After so much explanation, I was told the account has been released. On my way home, customers started calling that my account is blocked. I returned only to be persuaded to take my account elsewhere. This is a bank I have a savings account with for 4 years. They said I should have notified them of incoming deposits. Do banks have right to close accounts without the owner's consent?
Re: Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 15, 2013
surveycash:
1. Yes
2. No
3. I was going to hold a forex workshop. This was in 2008 when I was a student. I did my campaign and marketing -radio, tv, posters, banners, etc. The target was to get just 200 participants to say 5k each so I can raise a million naira to increase my capital. I even took the handbills to the bank and even some staff promised to attend. 3 days to the seminar date, calls started coming in from my customers that the account has been blocked. By this time, I had only received 135k. I ran to the bank only to find out that it was real. I felt like flogging all the staff. From account officer to manager, I was roaming. After so much explanation, I was told the account has been released. On my way home, customers started calling that my account is blocked. I returned only to be persuaded to take my account elsewhere. This is a bank I have a savings account with for 4 years. They said I should have notified them of incoming deposits. Do banks have right to close accounts without the owner's consent?

well...one thing's for sure, u shd v told the bank(branch csu staff) what the account was to be used for. Your account was most likely closed from/by the bank's head office...so dont blame the branch staff or bank manager. These banks have policies and alot of them stem from CBN's directives, and CBN has loads of these directives for these banks as means of preventing money laundering. Same amount keeps on hitting an account all the time, and same being withdrawn, my dear...thats a red flag! So in a nut shell...u shd v told them earlier what the account was to be used for.

**lest i forget** every other bank would have done the same.
Re: Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2013
Most information marketers who pull traffic have experienced this... That's banking for you in Naija...

surveycash:
1. Yes
2. No
Re: Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead by surveycash(m): 1:33pm On Jun 15, 2013
@Buchaisky....You are well informed.

@2sexy... How do they overcome this?
Re: Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead by traeces(m): 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2013
I can't claim 1st hand info but someone made me believe it is easier to get a corporate business loan from Diamond bank than from others.
Also a few big businesses I know route most of thier payments through Diamond bank which makes me view them as corporation oriented.
Lastly, the few times I have used thier services, I have found thier staff to be civil and polite. I can't say that about most other banks including my own bankers.
Re: Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead by surveycash(m): 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2013
@traeces...
DBank is the least in my thoughts.
Thank you for the honest review.
Do you have an idea of their interest rates?
Re: Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 15, 2013
Diamond bank are more into retail banking. They are one of the best when it comes to loans and overdrafts. Intact...it seems no one does it better than them. And true...they have very professional staff.
Re: Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead by eluquenson(m): 9:04pm On Jun 15, 2013
I guess ur acct was newly opened & dis payment was a suspicious transaction, our banks are lagging behind in many ways to service customers, they suppose to av done a "kyc" on ur acct & this will prevent the issue of blocking acct of such, cos if dat had been done dey wouldn't av a reason to block it.
Anyway, they are all beds of a feather.
Issue of bad loans have made banks to be more strict in giving out loans...u know say u no be white man, cos white man get tins so easy in d banks, so to say.
Re: Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead by surveycash(m): 9:18pm On Jun 15, 2013
surveycash:
Fellow NLers,

Thank you.
Re: Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead by surveycash(m): 6:03am On Jun 25, 2013

Mods:

Please could you take this to the frontpage so that we can get more participation.

Thanks
Re: Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
As long as it's not captivating, it won't make the front page...

surveycash:
Mods:

Please could you take this to the frontpage so that we can get more participation.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Corporate Banking - Which Bank Takes The Lead by gboyetade: 5:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
front page

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Opening A Snacks Stand Profitable Business? / Topic Closed / Win A 2k Free Ride With Uber Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.