Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,463 members, 7,836,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Ronaldo Deserved Ballon D’or Ahead Of Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Deserved Ballon D’or Ahead Of Messi (608 Views)

Super Eagles Depart For Egypt Ahead Of Qualifier Match (Photos) / Who Do You Think Will Win 2015 Ballon D’or Award? / You Have To See This Funny Reaction To The Missed Penalty Of Messi Yesterday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Deserved Ballon D’or Ahead Of Messi by oluwaoghene: 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2013

Brazil legend Pele has claimed Cristiano Ronaldo should have won the 2012 Ballon d'Or ahead of Lionel Messi following his efforts for Real Madrid.

The Portugal international had to settle for second spot in the race for the prestigious individual award as the Barcelona star landed the trophy for the fourth year in succession, but Pele believes Ronaldo would have been a more worthy winner.

"In terms of football, I say Messi, but in terms of successes I think Ronaldo deserved to win the Ballon d'Or.

He won La Liga with Real Madrid," Pele said in an interview with AS. I wonder if this comment is not influenced by the rivalry between the Argentines and Brazilians.

"I was at Fifa presenting the award on two occasions. Cristiano was close on both occasions, but Messi always had more."

SOURCE: http://futbolgist.com/2013/06/15/ronaldo-deserved-ballon-dor-ahead-of-messi/

(1) (Reply)

Drogba Ruins Arsenal’s Party / Fellaini Officially Signs For Man Utd / My Best Player (mikel Obi) Scores 1st English Premier League Goal After 7years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.