Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Flops Of The Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flops Of The Year (1180 Views)

Flops Of The World Cup / Flops Of The Tournament / Top 10 Flops Of The World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flops Of The Year by nightrider: 3:36am On May 08, 2008
Thierry Henry- The guy just didnt find life in Barca easy

Ronaldinho- he wasnt bought, but its unbelievable

Darren bent- amusing

Riisse- cost liverpool the champions league, with one own goal and two stupid decisions that let drogba score.

Anderson- Didnt score a goal all season.

Sven Goran Ericksson- after all the hype

Ramos - dropped of the radar, after the carling cup.

Wenger- Go buy players punk.

Gallas- crappy defender, he wasnt bought this season, but all the same crappy defender. Cnt forget the sight of rooney floating balls over his head in the FA cup. Shows that at Chelsea, he was covered up by the defense line of the team.

Shevchenko- The sight of the once mighty Sheva coming on 2 minutes to go during the chelsea liverpool UCl Game was a sad sight.
Re: Flops Of The Year by dyabman(m): 6:06am On May 08, 2008
you missing someone , what about MALOUDA , MALOURE, well i hope hes gonna stay and play better,
Re: Flops Of The Year by tocdee(m): 3:16pm On May 08, 2008
I honestly feel that the season's highest flops could be gathered from one team: Chelsea

Belletti- Goodness!
Ben Haim- MIA, regrets
Sidwell- MIA, regrets
Pizarro-Where is he?
Shevy- Same old Same old, regrets
Malouda- For his price tag!

Ivanov? Where also is the expensive defender

Alex- Sees matches with the fans at a London pub.
Re: Flops Of The Year by nightrider: 2:46pm On May 09, 2008
i wish arsenal could buy alex
Re: Flops Of The Year by debosky(m): 9:34pm On May 09, 2008
nightrider I am truly disappointed - your emotions have gotten the better of you

so much is your disappointment in this season that you just had to find a way to diss AW and Gallas in this thread?

Its quite unwarranted I must say.

Flops of the season?

In Arsenal : Undoubtedly it is Emmanuel 'MOFO' Eboue - looked promising in midfield but sucked BADLY

In Chelsea: lots of competition - Ben Haim, Pizzaro, Sidwell, even SWP (though he had a good month)

In Liverpool: Voronin - complete and utter waste apart from two early games
Re: Flops Of The Year by McOmo(m): 12:36am On May 10, 2008
LOL . . . . grin grin grin
Re: Flops Of The Year by nightrider: 12:46am On May 10, 2008
bros i'm not dissing Wenger and gallas

I'm just saying the truth.  Wenger promised Arsenal would do better, he didnt he came in third. The tteam played well but hs refusal to add to the squad . Proved vital when we lost eduardo and rosicky. When Sagna went out against Chelsea it was the beginning of the end.

Also playing toure at right back instead of Eboue cost us the matches against Liverpool.

Gallas was a crappy captain, instead of Rallying his players, he was busy weeping when clichy gave up the penalty. He has some good games and some poor ones. But his poor ones are terrible.  And i wish they'd ship him back to chelsea and bring Carvalho. or get him a good central partner to cover his ass and ship toure to the bench.

so with this few points of mine ,i hope i've convinced you that AW and GALLAS flopped badly this season.
Re: Flops Of The Year by McOmo(m): 12:57am On May 10, 2008
nightrider:

I'm just saying the truth.  Wenger promised Arsenal would do better, he didnt he came in third. The tteam played well but hs refusal to add to the squad . Proved vital when we lost eduardo and rosicky. When Sagna went out against Chelsea it was the beginning of the end.

Also playing toure at right back instead of Eboue cost us the matches against Liverpool.

Gallas was a crappy captain, instead of Rallying his players, he was busy weeping when clichy gave up the penalty. He has some good games and some poor ones. But his poor ones are terrible.  And i wish they'd ship him back to chelsea and bring Carvalho. or get him a good central partner to cover his ass and ship toure to the bench.

so with this few points of mine ,i hope i've convinced you that AW and GALLAS flopped badly this season.

frankly though . . .dont u just want to move on and forget that this sh@t happened ? undecided

what I tot u should be concerned about is HOW ALL THIS SHEBANG WOULD NOT HAPPEN AGAIN !!! cool
Re: Flops Of The Year by femikay149(m): 3:24am On May 10, 2008
No 1 can compete with Arsenal in the No 1 postion they r the greatest flop of the season.From 1st position to 3rd. Arsenal is just w@ i call a nearly team

Barca to flopped big tym. Lacking Finsihing power

Players

Shevi
Malouda
Henry
agahohwa
gallas
Re: Flops Of The Year by mavtrevor(m): 7:17pm On May 11, 2008
nightrider:

I'm just saying the truth. Wenger promised Arsenal would do better, he didnt he came in third. The tteam played well but hs refusal to add to the squad . Proved vital when we lost eduardo and rosicky. When Sagna went out against Chelsea it was the beginning of the end.

Gallas was a crappy captain, instead of Rallying his players, he was busy weeping when clichy gave up the penalty. He has some good games and some poor ones. But his poor ones are terrible. And i wish they'd ship him back to chelsea and bring Carvalho. or get him a good central partner to cover his ass and ship toure to the bench.

YOU KNOW SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO ADMIT THE TRUTH, I WONT EXCLUDE AW TOTALLY FROM THE BLAMES OF ARSENAL NOT WINNING A SILVERWARE SOMETIMES, THE MAN IS SO STRICT THAT EVEN WHEN HE IS GOING DOWN HE IS NOT READY TO COMPROMISE, GALLAS WASTED ALOT OF PRECIOUS POINTS FOR ARSENAL.
Re: Flops Of The Year by vislabraye(m): 6:50pm On May 13, 2008
I dont think Henry was a flop. The coach instead was a bigger flop. Apart from mentioning players that flop, you should also include coaches
Re: Flops Of The Year by lalaboi(m): 7:00pm On May 13, 2008
should we regard players who wer not simply given the chance to play as flops??
Re: Flops Of The Year by Christino(m): 2:06pm On May 14, 2008
Shevy is not a flop at all, in fact, Shevy and flop can be used interchangeably. IOW, you could say Shevies of the Year. grin

Alan Smith, Kieran Richardson, David Nugent, Enrique (like luque, spanish import). Ivanov can be spared cos he came as a backup, you don't expect Carvalho or Terry to go down for him, and for Sidwell, sorry, Ballack Lampard, Essien cannot go down for him.

(1) (Reply)

World Cup Draw. Nigeria, Argentina, Greece, South Korea (group B) / Nigerian Won 400m Gold For Qatar In Asian Games 2010 / Between Yakubu Aiyegbeni And Sanni Kaita, Who Is The Most Hated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.