Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Why Do Guys Say No To Their Best Friends When.... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Guys Say No To Their Best Friends When.... (1255 Views)

I Look Down On Nigerian Men That Say Rice Is Their Best Food! / Why Can't Single People 'Just Say No' To Married People? / Should Couples Announce To Family & Friends When The Wife Gets Pregnant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Guys Say No To Their Best Friends When.... by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 16, 2013
I have come to the conclusion that there must be a reason why guys do this.
A cous of mine was about to marry and told the bro. He just shouted NO! When she told him d name of the guy.his best friend! Infant they stayed in d same room in uni,rented and shared apartment,workin in d same company. Her family agreed and she married d guy.end of friendship! It became sour.even d r/ship with d sis marred too. When d guy stopd workin for d company(got another job),during d sent forth party, bro got up to speak jokingly"me and this guy hv come a long way... ..and he is married to my sis, my immediate junior".shocker! Collegues were wisperin,"and it never showed"
My cous friend(very close)wanted my hand in marriage,my cous started behavin like mother hen.
My bro biz associate came for my hand,my bro frowned face and so on and on
So why is it so? Why do MOST guys not mix friendship with family? Can somebody tell me why pls.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Say No To Their Best Friends When.... by Enegod(m): 9:43am On Jun 16, 2013
what's this one saying?!
Re: Why Do Guys Say No To Their Best Friends When.... by donem: 9:58am On Jun 16, 2013
Enegod: what's this one saying?!
Haha
Re: Why Do Guys Say No To Their Best Friends When.... by k2039: 10:21am On Jun 16, 2013
Simply because I know my best friend is a good friend to me but I know him well enough to know he is going to be a bad husband.
The last specimen to confirm my hypothesis won't be a relative of mine.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Say No To Their Best Friends When.... by degurl(f): 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2013
Bro, sis, d, biz, etc etc...,.........,
Re: Why Do Guys Say No To Their Best Friends When.... by 2goodbobo(m): 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
I don't understand what you are saying. Please can someone rephrase what the OP is saying?
Re: Why Do Guys Say No To Their Best Friends When.... by tnktosin(m): 7:09am On Jun 17, 2013
If this wasn't a familiar topic i would be struggling to understand you @op.
This happens all the time, we know our frnds cos we done tonnes of crazy stuff and we know what to expect from them. Atimes, we're just being protective when we dont want you around our friends.
Re: Why Do Guys Say No To Their Best Friends When.... by andyanders: 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
@op , you even cannot express yourself better.Were you writing to yourself or you do not know how to express yourself? Or is this write-up English language?
Re: Why Do Guys Say No To Their Best Friends When.... by RoyalRoy(m): 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2013
E-D-I-T-E-D
======
======
yellowpawpaw: I have come to the conclusion that there must be a reason why guys do this.
A cousin of mine was about to get married and told her brother. He shouted NO, when she told him the name of the guy, it was his best friend! They stayed in the same room in university, rented and shared apartments, they even work in the same company. Her family agreed and she got married to the guy. That was the end of the friendship between this two guys! It became sour, even brother-sister relationship got marred too.
When her brother got another job, during his sent forth party, he got up to speak and jokingly he told everyone "me and this guy have come a long way... ..he is married to my younger sister"....Shocker!!!! Colleagues were whispering, "and it never showed"
!!!
Another scenario, my cousin's friend(very close) wanted my hand in marriage, my cousin started acting up.
Also, my brother's business associate came for my hand in marriage, my bro wasn't so happy about it at all.
So why is it so? Why do MOST guys not want to mix their friendship with family? Can somebody tell me why?.

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Do / Family Raises Alarm Over 15-year-old Girl’s Strange ‘wedding’ To Bus Driver, Con / Have You Ever Forgotten You Child Or Ward In School Till It Becomes Dark?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.