Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,166 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt (32327 Views)

The Look On Amaechi's Face At The Ministerial Retreat / Buhari Relocates To Defence House In Maitama, Abuja / Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan, Amaechi Boasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by gbanikiti(m): 9:30am On Jun 16, 2013
Jonathan/Amaechi Faceoff: Dame Patience Relocates To Port Harcourt

The alleged move by the Presidency to remove the Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi took a dramatic turn yesterday as the first lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, has decided to take the bull by the horn in the matter.

LEADERSHIP Sunday gathered that the first lady’s visit to Port Harcourt was a move to ensure that the State House of Assembly members are mobilised to ensure Governor Amaechi’s impeachment from office.

The first lady moved into a newly-built mansion in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital. She is expected to spend 11 days in Port Harcourt. But our sources said that the first lady has vowed not to leave the Garden City until the governor is finally removed from office.

It was gathered that as at yesterday night, Dame Jonathan had met with some of the lawmakers in an alleged move to start the plot to hasten the impeachment process, while the venue of the meeting could not be ascertained as at press time.

The new move became necessary as the Presidency believes that Dame Jonathan, being an indigene of the state and also being well grounded in the politics of the state, has all it takes to effect the governor’s removal.

The political differences between President Jonathan and Governor Amaechi reached its crescendo when the Presidency allegedly started mobilising against Amaechi’s bid for a second term shot at the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) chairmanship position. The NGF’s chairmanship election led to the factional division amongst the governors, creating a faction led by Amaechi and another being led by Governor Jang of Plateau State.

There are allegations that the Presidency created the Jang’s faction to break the stronghold of Amaechi and some anti-Jonathan governors that are bent on seeing that the President does not run for a second term.

Thereafter, the federal government in a surprise move grounded the plane belonging to the state government, while threatening to probe the administration of Governor Amaechi over mismanagement of funds.

The drama continued with the NGF’s crisis, which eventually led to the suspension of Governor Amaechi from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

It would be recalled that the name of the governor is already being pencilled down as a possible vice presidential candidate on a ticket that would parade a Northerner as the presidential candidate to challenge President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015.

This move, the President sees as an affront, as Amaechi being a South-South man, would be denying the region of a second shot at the Presidency.

The first lady’s move, according to sources, therefore became necessary to weed out the “Judas” within the fold of the ruling party.

http://leadership.ng/news/160613/jonathanamaechi-faceoff-dame-patience-relocates-port-harcourt

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Horlawoomey(m): 9:39am On Jun 16, 2013
Jonathan administration will be a good story line for a nollywood movie. . . . . 2015 is going to be interesting.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by gbanikiti(m): 9:40am On Jun 16, 2013
....and the drama is getting messier and messier ......
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Gbawe: 9:42am On Jun 16, 2013
I thought this woman was busy trying to move Bayelsa forward as a permanent secretary in the State?

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 16, 2013
The Nigerian Presidency cannot be debased further than this.....

Nigeria symbol of sovereignty is obviously in the wrong hands.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by gbanikiti(m): 10:14am On Jun 16, 2013
Gbawe: I thought this woman was busy trying to move Bayelsa forward as a permanent secretary in the State?
Indeed she is! undecided This is really unbecoming of a First Lady. What a shame! angry

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by k2039: 10:16am On Jun 16, 2013
Gbawe: I thought this woman was busy trying to move Bayelsa forward as a permanent secretary in the State?
Permanent Secretary my foot. Does she even know the meaning of a secretary, it will be outrageous to have expected her to discharge her duties when in fact she doesn't even know what the office entails.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by UCyril: 10:22am On Jun 16, 2013
Madam,pls help us remove dat zombi called amaechi.u can't fight ur boss.fresh air till 2019.lol dancing azonto

21 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 16, 2013
Let's wait and see,
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Gbawe: 10:28am On Jun 16, 2013
k2039: Permanent Secretary my foot. Does she even know the meaning of a secretary, it will be outrageous to have expected her to discharge her duties when in fact she doesn't even know what the office entails.

I agree with you. However, we still have to respect the fact that she is officially a permanent secretary in a Nigerian State even if her husband has reduced Nigeria to a theatre of the absurd. We should, as Nigerian citizens, ask her to face her official duty as perm sec instead of marauding the political landscape disturbing other democratically elected leaders trying to do their job.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 16, 2013
See desperation....they know fully well that losing Rivers State will signaled the end to GEJ presidency, at things stand...they've lost Lagos and Kano....nobody has gone ahead to become Nigeria President by losing in those three states..

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by k2039: 11:02am On Jun 16, 2013
Gbawe:

I agree with you. However, we still have to respect the fact that she is officially a permanent secretary in a Nigerian State even if her husband has reduced Nigeria to a theatre of the absurd. We should, as Nigerian citizens, ask her to face her official duty as perm sec instead of marauding the political landscape disturbing other democratically elected leaders trying to do their job.

If you don't have a record on, you paint your opponent as someone everyone should run from.

The problem with PEJ and GEJ is just that they are both confused failures who have nothing to offer. If not they will concentrate on discharging their duties and expect that people will vote based on their performance and achievements. But reverse is the case here, that's the reason for all the political hullabaloo that we have seen in recent times.

Honestly even if we tell her to discharge her duties, I know she won't. We are left with just one option, send all of them parking in 2015, which I know you agree with, the only problem is just that some Nigerians are gullible and will still vote this deficient leaders.

40 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by solomon111(m): 11:19am On Jun 16, 2013
ilugunboy: The Nigerian Presidency cannot be debased further than this.....

Nigeria symbol of sovereignty is obviously in the wrong hands.
yeah.
More debased than what occured in past administrations?
More debased than when a former president unconstitutionally siezed the funds of a state govt?
You are a hypocrite.
Btw,this report is nonsense.
All i see in the report are various kinds of assumptions.
I think it's time these back-water newspapers are sued.

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by dridowu: 12:01pm On Jun 16, 2013
Amaechi vs Jonathan
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by skyfall: 12:08pm On Jun 16, 2013
Nothing i hear about these 2 bulls in a china shop surprises me anymore. Can't wait for them to pack their stuff out of Aso Rock.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
Are the mods sleeping?

Ths news has hit fp before..

Almost a month ago at that.... undecided
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by ACM10: 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2013
The doctor Amaechi is responding to treatment.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Temismith(f): 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2013
Dame pashent for governor grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by speeder(m): 2:05pm On Jun 16, 2013
I know its so funny if I say I don't know yet the feud between Amaechi? Thats not the issue, the issue is in his name, Amaechi Rotimi? An Igbo in conjuncture a yoruba name and River state is neither a yoruba or an Igbo state. How come the mixture of names.

This man wise no be small.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2013
jackbauersballs: Are the mods sleeping?

Ths news has hit fp before..

Almost a month ago at that.... undecided
just like the veyron story hit twice.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Sunofgod(m): 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2013
Amaechi should ground here fleet .. . . .

Meanwhile, has Bianca moved into Aso Rock yet?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by honestivo(m): 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2013
She only went 4 a wedin of a law maker of d rsha n notin much,I cnt rememba she said she has relocated 2 ph

1 Like

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by FilesUpdator(f): 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
undecided
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by free2ryhme: 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2013
when woman set for your matter your own don finish ooo . Amaechi! Amaechi!! Amaechi!!! .. how many times you hear your name .?? Hia!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Willgates(m): 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2013
Kai...rumour monkers! Abasi akan mbufo doh wo! angry
that woman game for the traditional wedding of my gousin....she will ko back to Abuya next week

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Bishop4bella(m): 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2013
Power. Fi di fi fawer
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by simmydebadest(m): 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2013
Jonathan is now a lawless democrat
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2013
honestivo: She only went 4 a wedin of a law maker of d rsha n notin much,I cnt rememba she said she has relocated 2 ph

Don't mind all those haters of Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by nairaman66(m): 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2013
False News in its entirety..!!

She went for a function... NL is becoming embarrassing by the day with its high level of false reports!!!! angry angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by xandy84: 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2013
Sometimes I wonder different between news and assumption.. A mushroom newspaper report unconfirmed news and the nl will start commenting and hurling insult over it.. Na nna sabi ooo

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by yunafa(f): 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2013
WHO RUNS D WORLD? GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!
ask Beyonce!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration / Fulani Herdsmen- Afenifere Replies Kwankwaso / How Obasanjo’s Report Indicted Buhari In 1999

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.