Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Afrointroductions Discriminatory? - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Afrointroductions Discriminatory? (2565 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afrointroductions Discriminatory? by sibcid: 12:13pm On Jun 16, 2013
A friend approached me to help him upgrade his membership of this beautifully designed dating site through a gift card which we easily got from graphcard.com. Immediately the transaction was concluded his profile was terminated. I became interested in knowing what was happening and upgraded myself and was promptly terminated. I queried the termination with their help desk and was told it was legitimate to pay through gift cards, so I tried again and got terminated again. I wrote again and this time scanned copies of the gift card and national ID were requested. I have sent them but they seem to have stopped responding to my correspondence altogether. Does anyone have an experience with this site? Are they racist...say, providing a forum for non-African men in the main to acquire African girls?
Re: Afrointroductions Discriminatory? by Sanboy25: 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2013
Are you african or non-african ?
If you are not, I know there is a site named 'black & white' or something like that...
I don't know AfroIntro. but I don't think they are racists.... undecided
Re: Afrointroductions Discriminatory? by Onyinyechimara(f): 1:28pm On Jun 16, 2013
Yeah I had a similar experience with them in the days when i was SSS
They keep bombarding you with emails of potential matches
But the moment I upgraded ( ie paid the money to their account) I sent a few people I was interested in messages and they immediately terminated my account
All of a sudden I was unable to reach them , these same people who used to disturb me every second with emails
Called their numbers tire, no response from their end

Was so pissed off you wouldn't believe it
They just tempt you with nice profiles of guys but they never allow you to meet them or exchange numbers/ email/addresses
They want you to be perpetually online and paying them money without taking the relationship offline
Anyway tha was the end of dating sites for me
Re: Afrointroductions Discriminatory? by sibcid: 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2013
I just got in. After a series of letters, they have just let me in. When they had stopped replying I used another ID to restate my case and they answered like I was a fresh member, not a marked man. Immediately they reactivated my profile I used another Visa Card (Nigerian) rather than the Gift Visa Card (US) and sailed through. I am getting interests now mostly from other African countries who seem to see Nigeria as a place of interest.
Re: Afrointroductions Discriminatory? by hardon1(m): 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
hmm, so there are people who really pay for upgrade in foreign online dating sites?. na wa o, una really get time and money.
Re: Afrointroductions Discriminatory? by luka1981(m): 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
Onyinyechimara: Yeah I had a similar experience with them in the days when i was SSS
They keep bombarding you with emails of potential matches
But the moment I upgraded ( ie paid the money to their account) I sent a few people I was interested in messages and they immediately terminated my account
All of a sudden I was unable to reach them , these same people who used to disturb me every second with emails
Called their numbers tire, no response from their end

Was so pissed off you wouldn't believe it
They just tempt you with nice profiles of guys but they never allow you to meet them or exchange numbers/ email/addresses
They want you to be perpetually online and paying them money without taking the relationship offline
Anyway tha was the end of dating sites for me

are you looking for white people or what? why dont you consider the ones that are here?

(1) (Reply)

edited! / I Need Someone To Talk To / Nigerian Girls What Do U Like Abt Yr Fellow Sweet Nigerian Sisters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.