Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Nigerians Dominate 50 Under 50 Trailblazers List - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerians Dominate 50 Under 50 Trailblazers List (721 Views)

Yvonne Nelson Among Top 50 Trailblazers In Africa / Yvonne Nelson Named Among Africa’s Top 50 Trailblazers / Ladies Dominate As First Evictee Emerges In Gulder Ultimate Search Viii (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Dominate 50 Under 50 Trailblazers List by gbokukueba(m): 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2013
I guess when you think Nigerians will make news for the bad reasons which is always the case then you stumble on this and it lifts your spirit high...

This week The New African Magazine named a list of 50 African trailblazers under the age of 50. The list celebrates the achievements of young Africans from across the continent and within the diaspora.

Here is a link for the 13 Nigerians that made the list- http://african.howzit.msn.com/nigerians-dominate-50-under-50-trailblazers-list#image=1

SOURCE A24 Media/Camerapix

NAIROBI, Kenya, June 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --

The New African Magazine has set apart 50 individuals under the age of 50 who they believe are breaking ground, making Africa proud and propelling the Continent into a future of great hope.

A24 Media's Salim Amin, son of the world-renowned Kenyan photojournalist Mo Amin, graces this auspicious list. Salim, who managed to maintain and grow his father's media business since his passing, has elevated Camerapix to an image bank of over four million pictures, and over 8,000 hours of video footage. Camerapix has archived some of Africa's most historic and visually stunning moments.

With his new company A24 MEDIA, Salim has carved out a niche as the premiere Pan African Production Company on the continent. In addition to producing the weekly features magazine program, AFRICA JOURNAL in conjunction with the Reuters news agency, he has recently produced a series of documentaries for CCTV Africa's Faces of Africa programme, providing a unique look at Africa's most inspiring characters.

"I would like to thank the New African magazine for this great honour. To be named in this list with so many people I admire and who I am proud to call my friends makes me try harder to meet these expectations!" Salim said.

He joins other powerful Kenyan personalities like writer Binya Wainaina, Olympic record holder David Rudisha and tech guru Juliana Rotich on this highly coveted list and is the only African of Asian origin to be named.

According to the May edition of the New African Magazine, with a line-up of African movers and shakers like MTV's Alex Okosi, U.S. President Barack Obama, musicians P-Square and D'Banj, The Top 50 Trailblazers of the year 2013 are in a league of their own.

For more info, contact:
Angellah Khamala
Assignment Desk Editor
A24 Media / Camerapix
http://www.a24media.com
Tel: +254-737043811 | +254-720494502

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid, Banky W Impostor Nabbed / Spot The Difference: Uche Jombo Withdesmond Elliot / Dionne Warwick & 2face Idibia Perform At Igho Sanomi’s Mother’s Birthay Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.