Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi (2053 Views)

Akpabio Sits Next To Amaechi At NGF Meeting / Amaechi May Cancel NGF Meeting In Deference To Jonathan / PDP Governors, Opposition Shun Jang’s NGF Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 16, 2013
On Saturday June 15 and Sunday June 16, reports in the media credited to my brother governor, Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State announced that he has called for a Nigeria Governors’ Forum meeting. Ordinarily I would have ignored these reports as I do not imagine that as governors who hold our people’s mandate through the democratic process of free and fair elections, we would do anything to impugn our integrity.

However as chairman of the Nigeria Governor’s Forum, elected by my colleagues to safeguard their integrity and that of the forum it has become imperative for me to request my brother and Governor Jang to remain within the confines of decorum and cease to impersonate me and to stop parading himself as NGF chairman. There is only one chairman of the forum, duly elected by a vote tally of 19: 16 on Thursday, May 23, 2013.

For the avoidance of doubt, I as chairman of the NGF have not called for any Governors’ Forum meeting for Monday, June 16, 2013. The only meeting scheduled for Monday June 16, is a meeting of all Governors with His Excellency, President Goodluck Jonathan scheduled to hold at 9pm at Aso Rock Villa. All governors should please ensure attendance at this meeting with Mr. President.

I wish to reassure my brother governors that this storm shall pass and we all will be reunited as one family committed to our nation’s unity and supporting Mr. President in his vision for a Nigeria that safeguards the rights of all its citizens to good governance and democratic norms.

Governor Jang is my brother and friend and I harbor no ill feelings against him, but it is important that he stops this impersonation, as it could threaten all the good work we all have done together.

May I remind Governor Jang that there is a legal action that has been instituted against him by Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State from parading himself as the chairman of NGF. As leaders elected by our people, Nigerians are closely watching us. We must comport our selves according the dictates and principles of democratic and lawful practices and norms.

CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI
Governor, Rivers State/Chairman, Nigeria Governors’ Forum(NGF)

http://saharareporters.com/press-release/press-release-no-nigeria-governors-forum-ngf-meeting-monday-amaechi
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by Sunofgod(m): 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2013
Space reserved . . .
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by chiozor: 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2013
Nairaland Reservation Area
Brb
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by phantom(m): 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2013
This dude has b.alls and is indeed a very intelligent man.this is the man gej wants to disgrace.when you have fashola and amaechi on the same team, gej will not come out of this smelling of roses.mark my words!
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by phantom(m): 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2013
Sun of god: Space reserved . . .
lol
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by k2039: 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2013
This is what a nation gets when her citizens elect leaders that are cheat.

Person no win election, e dey claim say na him get ballot. I'm sure the school Jang attended, he was taught that the candidate with the lesser vote wins an election or maybe he doesn't know arithmetic, 19 is greater than 16.
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by phantom(m): 2:58pm On Jun 16, 2013
k2039: This is what a nation gets when her citizens elect leaders that are cheat.

Person no win election, e dey claim say na him get ballot. I'm sure the school Jang attended, he was taught that the candidate with the lesser vote wins an election or maybe he doesn't know arithmetic, 19 is greater than 16.
leave them make dem dey f.ool themselves.amaechi has an ace up his sleeves.just waiting for the right time to 'show' himself.
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by raphead: 3:01pm On Jun 16, 2013
shame on the old man jang. you are a disgrace to the Scripture union and your old age.
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by Mynd44: 3:25pm On Jun 16, 2013
But wait oooooo is 19 less than 16 or which kin thing PDP dey do sef?
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by rooftech: 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2013
see the character of jang and his pdp criminals led by one crook from south south. our time will come
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by rooftech: 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2013
see the character of jang and his pdp criminals led by one crook from south south. our time will come.amechi be strong to see that day.
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by bigtt76(f): 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2013
Na PDP Arithmetic that o! Egbami o! Na Party Party Maths be dat o! Yee paripa o! grin grin

k2039: This is what a nation gets when her citizens elect leaders that are cheat.

Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by Toktee(m): 3:39pm On Jun 16, 2013
Jonathan,you don't know who you are dealing with,Ameachi as a gentleman is respecting you now,better respect yourself before you will be disgrace
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by Chanchit: 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2013
This is really a tough time for Amaechi, this one wei PEJ don park go hin state giving GEJ the space to yansh those two ashewo( widow Biianca and Madueke).
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by oladayo042: 3:59pm On Jun 16, 2013
NGF is now doing it the NANS way. Two chairman, one forum. Up PDP!
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by karlmax2: 4:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
Let see how many governors would hid his call.tomorrow we would also know how many would attend jangs meeting .
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by phantom(m): 4:03pm On Jun 16, 2013
Chanchit: This is really a tough time for Amaechi, this one wei PEJ don park go hin state giving GEJ the space to yansh those two ashewo( widow Biianca and Madueke).
please grow up.you r on a public forum.
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by FrankC3: 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2013
Amaechi and his followers are being funny. Since after the 'elections' why has he not convoked a meeting of his followers? Jang has done that a number of times. Even the NEC meeting he is clinging to on Monday was convoked by the Presidency. What is he afraid of? He should go ahead and convoke meetings as the 'authentic NGF governor' and not be worried by Jang.

One thing is clear here, NGF can never be the same again in this dispensation. Their unity is cracked and even that of the northern governors is destroyed, all because Amaechi want to lead his mates against the wishes of his party hierarchy and other power blocs. The worst case scenario is for Jang faction to rename their union and the split lingers, and that inherently destroyed NGF. And by the way, which serious group retains a rogue operative as a leader? A man suspended by his party leading the opposition governors is what it is- opposition governors forum.

And for the noisy lots up there letting out empty emotions, this case has been decided. Invest your emotions in more important things. Mbeki lost SA presidency when he lost the support of his party. Same thing happens everywhere. You can't stand against the sentiments of your political party and leaders and expect to have a smooth sail. Anyway, i don't expect you guys to relax. Noise is in your DNA. You shouted more during Silva's saga.

7 Likes

Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by Demdem(m): 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2013
phantom: This dude has b.alls and is indeed a very intelligent man.this is the man gej wants to disgrace.when you have fashola and amaechi on the same team, gej will not come out of this smelling of roses.mark my words!

so right on point. retardeen supports the retarded group.
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by ujoinme: 7:32pm On Jun 16, 2013
Que:How do you know a kingdom is in crisis?
Ans:When a king feels the need to issues a proclamation to his subjects announcing himself as king.
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by Mynd44: 7:42pm On Jun 16, 2013
ujoinme: Que:How do you know a kingdom is in crisis?
Ans:When a king feels the need to issues a proclamation to his subjects announcing himself as king.
Lmao......that's very true
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by DaLover(m): 9:48pm On Jun 16, 2013
Frank-C:
Amaechi and his followers are being funny. Since after the 'elections' why has he not convoked a meeting of his followers? Jang has done that a number of times. Even the NEC meeting he is clinging to on Monday was convoked by the Presidency. What is he afraid of? He should go ahead and convoke meetings as the 'authentic NGF governor' and not be worried by Jang.

One thing is clear here, NGF can never be the same again in this dispensation. Their unity is cracked and even that of the northern governors is destroyed, all because Amaechi want to lead his mates against the wishes of his party hierarchy and other power blocs. The worst case scenario is for Jang faction to rename their union and the split lingers, and that inherently destroyed NGF. And by the way, which serious group retains a rogue operative as a leader? A man suspended by his party leading the opposition governors is what it is- opposition governors forum.

And for the noisy lots up there letting out empty emotions, this case has been decided. Invest your emotions in more important things. Mbeki lost SA presidency when he lost the support of his party. Same thing happens everywhere. You can't stand against the sentiments of your political party and leaders and expect to have a smooth sail. Anyway, i don't expect you guys to relax. Noise is in your DNA. You shouted more during Silva's saga.
Wonderful analysis, especially with quotes to Mbeki and South Africa ..
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2013
Damn and persin go tok say na big brother tough pass grin grin
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by solopumpy227: 10:43pm On Jun 16, 2013
DaLover:
Wonderful analysis, especially with quotes to Mbeki and South Africa ..

Frank-C:

One thing is clear here, NGF can never be the same again in this dispensation. Their unity is cracked and even that of the northern governors is destroyed, all because Amaechi want to lead his mates against the wishes of his party hierarchy and other power blocs.

Mbeki lost SA presidency when he lost the support of his party. Same thing happens everywhere. You can't stand against the sentiments of your political party and leaders and expect to have a smooth sail. You shouted more during Silva's saga.

Some corrections Bro.
*We all know Oga @ the Top is the desperate one and not Amaechi.
* Oga you can lie ooo...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_South_AfricaMbeki was a two-term SA President. He only tried to stop his VP (Zuma) from succeding him which failed.
*Could you please provide evidence of that reasonable people's outrage against GEJ hounding of Amaechi is less than Silva's.
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by Goddex: 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2013
Ameachi does not need to issue press statements announcing himself chairman. He should simply do what Jang is doing - call for meetings and let's see how many governors will heed the call. Tomorrow's meeting was called by Jang in his capacity as chairman of NGF. Ameachi can stay away if he doesn't want to recognise him as his chairman. Jang called for the meeting and had sent out invitation letters.
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by Dracula27: 11:44pm On Jun 16, 2013
Agu!! Agu!! Aguuu!!!! meeew! Ha !! na you be this? You done dey see your period?
Uhhmm!! God abeg oo so for this Nigeria Ameachi fit talk with fear for ihm body shocked
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by Emmaeke: 12:17am On Jun 17, 2013
Amaechi the true boss has spoken. Hope he's able to wade thru all this and come out unscathed.
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by Koffiman: 5:40am On Jun 17, 2013
Chanchit: This is really a tough time for Amaechi, this one wei PEJ don park go hin state giving GEJ the space to yansh those two ashewo( widow Biianca and Madueke).
u will soon become Ashawo Widower. Can u say Amen to that. Monkey
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by luvinhubby(m): 6:30am On Jun 17, 2013
I'm sure you do not have a wife or a mother, that is why you are insulting another person's wife & mother here.
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by omenka(m): 6:58am On Jun 17, 2013
Sounds like a wimp. What's with the 'my brother' thingy

1 Like

Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
As so it came to pass that the G16 rebels did meet up for a shindig en route Nirvana cheesy

PHOTONEWS: Plateau Governor Jonah Jang Chairs "Nigeria Governors' Forum" Meeting With 16 Governors In Attendance

Governor Jonah Jang of Plateaus State today chaired a meeting of the factionalized Nigeria's Governors's Forum with only sixteen state governors in attendance .

Mr. Jang had assumed the position of the chair of the group after he was defeated by Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State two weeks ago.

Source
Re: Press Release: No Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) Meeting For Monday- Amaechi by Garrithe1st: 9:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
RIP NGF

angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Should Disqualify Atiku For The Dollars He Shared! / .. / PHOTO: Shehu Shagari At 90, OBJ Missing At Cake Cutting Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.