Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,983 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Why is "Not Keeping To Time" Baptised African Time? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why is "Not Keeping To Time" Baptised African Time? (561 Views)

FG To Begin Campaign Against Indiscipline, African-time Syndrome — Lai Mohammed / Lamorde Won't Honour Senate Invitation 'due To Time Constraints', Says EFCC / Governor Of Niger State Just Appointed An SSA To Help Him Keep To Time?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why is "Not Keeping To Time" Baptised African Time? by baggylips(m): 8:41am On Jun 17, 2013
I have been to functions or events where the keyspeakers and participants attend behind schedule only for them to use the term,"African Time"as an excuse and sometimes to tender apology.Most Nigerians are guilty of this indiscipline.

Recently i attended a function where virtually all the key speakers of the event which comprises professors and top government officials were late,behold the only excuse given for this indiscipline by the organisers was "African time".

Fellow nairalanders,why is being late to an event or function baptised African time?
Re: Why is "Not Keeping To Time" Baptised African Time? by Peinstein: 11:21am On Jun 17, 2013
Interesting observation. I think it should be called Nigerian time. we like waiting till the last minute before taking precise decisions. It seems keeping to time is not an habit we want to have, but even when we want to keep to time, other people's action or inactions end up making us do things late.

(1) (Reply)

Northern Benevolent And The Future Of Nigerian State / US Senate Passes Far-reaching Immigration Reform Bill / Chelsea’s Roman Abramovich Quits Russian Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.