Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! (2712 Views)

Do I Have The Looks To Contest For Mr Nairaland? / Who Is Your Mr Nigeria 2014 / Nairaland Award Tag For Year 2013! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by 190: 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2013
okay ive voted ekwah and as for abiL *sighs* embarassed embarassed
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by ZN2: 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2013
^^ What's with abiL, left you heartbroken?

@Shollypopz, you'll prolly need a new keyboard after all that typing. grin
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2013
~ZN~:
^^ What's with abiL, left you heartbroken?

@Shollypopz, you'll prolly need a new keyboard after all that typing. grin
LMAO!! It's a good laptop, so I'm covered smiley
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by 190: 3:58pm On Jun 19, 2013
~ZN~:
^^ [size=18pt]What's with abiL, left you heartbroken? [/size]
grin

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by MMotimo: 2:39am On Jun 20, 2013
Some of us are not familiar with the actual voting process. Is there a thread with a poll or do you just state your choice? And in which thread (link)? I could not vote this morning because there was no clear direction. I have never voted before, not famliar with the way things work.

OP, your attention to this would be welcome, thank you

1 Like

Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 20, 2013
MMotimo: Some of us are not familiar with the actual voting process. Is there a thread with a poll or do you just state your choice? And in which thread (link)? I could not vote this morning because there was no clear direction. I have never voted before, not famliar with the way things work.

OP, your attention to this would be welcome, thank you
Really sorry about that. The third elimination process is over. I would post a link as soon as the next elimination thread opens up.

The finals is on Friday. 10am to 9pm Nigerian time smiley
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 21, 2013
HELLO YOU'll KINDLY VISIT THIS THREAD www.nairaland.com/1331566/ AND VOTE EKWAH FOR MR NAIRALAND!!

THANKS!!!!
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 21, 2013
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 21, 2013
hornipipe: www.nairaland.com/1331566/

VOTE EKWAH!!!
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2013
I'm voting Ekwah! What about you??
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by onegig(m): 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2013
ok..ekwah. I have been directed here. Wanna cast my vote and peeps have been touting intelligence this , intelligence that.....i wanna ask a question?
I promise to use my 50 different monickers to vote for you if am satisfied with the answer...lol

Given the situation of Nigeria where youths go to school and acquire knowledge which turn out to be irrelevant to current market pratices or industry needs. If you were a VC of a uni or college back in Nigeria what would you do differently to correct this anomalies?
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2013
LoL, good question he'll answer it when next he logs on but don't you think it would be fair if you asked him something relating to his field??
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by braveheart2012(m): 1:17pm On Jun 21, 2013
Questions for Ekwah

1) Shouldn't you be busy at some summer internship this time of the year? No lab research? No gig in the valley or at one of the large NY banks? How do you find time to campaign on NL? Should I be calling my ex-MIT boys to come slap some sense into your head about misplaced priorities? grin

2) You kept referring to an "unfortunate" family incident in your replies. If you don't mind answering, what happened? Please don't feel obliged to answer this question at all. Nairaland is a public forum and it's perfectly understandable if you don't want to share your story on here.

Good luck! If you win Mr NL, enjoy the moment but please go face your book oh! I trust that you will but just saying...
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
^^He is actually interning right now......

....He isn't very active and it's just morning (8:22am where he is) over here. He visits the thread once in a while to thank voters. Your questions will be answered very soon. smiley

Thanks for dropping by

Campaign Manager,
Shollypopz
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
Hi there. Will drop my reply soon. smiley
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 21, 2013
onegig: ok..ekwah. I have been directed here. Wanna cast my vote and peeps have been touting intelligence this , intelligence that.....i wanna ask a question?
I promise to use my 50 different monickers to vote for you if am satisfied with the answer...lol

Given the situation of Nigeria where youths go to school and acquire knowledge which turn out to be irrelevant to current market pratices or industry needs. If you were a VC of a uni or college back in Nigeria what would you do differently to correct this anomalies?

lol at the colored statement.

Part of the problem is caused by the minimal level of useful research that go on in Nigerian Universities (no funds). I will source for more money and ensure that my school's departments get enough, so that professors and students alike can be stimulated to conduct useful research and also find ways to advance changes in the industry through it.

I will establish exchange programs between my university and good institutions in Nigeria and other parts of the world. Why? There's beauty in collaboration; students and professors get to enrich their experiences, and get to see how classes, labs and other useful things are conducted in schools that matter in their respective fields.

Nigerian schools are also pretty slow to adapt to good changes (mainly due to lack of funds). I would ensure a complete and regular overhaul of my University's curricula to reflect the society's/industry's current needs. This would help students get the training needed to make them useful to themselves and places where they end up working.

I will establish strong industrial training programs for students to gain placements at companies and acquire experience. This would make them know the specific skills they will need to do well in the jobs they are interested in.

I could go on and on lol... I hope I didn't do too bad in answering your question? Thanks o! cheesy
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2013
braveheart2012: Questions for Ekwah

1) Shouldn't you be busy at some summer internship this time of the year?No lab research? No gig in the valley or at one of the large NY banks? How do you find time to campaign on NL? Should I be calling my ex-MIT boys to come slap some sense into your head about misplaced priorities? grin

2) You kept referring to an "unfortunate" family incident in your replies. If you don't mind answering, what happened? Please don't feel obliged to answer this question at all. Nairaland is a public forum and it's perfectly understandable if you don't want to share your story on here.

Good luck! If you win Mr NL, enjoy the moment but please go face your book oh! I trust that you will but just saying...

1) I am doing an Internship o, but I am just bored you know. I joined the contest for the thrill. cheesy

2) Na my papa o, death snatch am from us. angry
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 21, 2013
Sholly the link in your diary post, one can't click on it.
Edit it.
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2013
^^I've done that.....thanks cool
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by onegig(m): 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2013
ekwah:

lol at the colored statement.

Part of the problem is caused by the minimal level of useful research that go on in Nigerian Universities (no funds). I will source for more money and ensure that my school's departments get enough, so that professors and students alike can be stimulated to conduct useful research and also find ways to advance changes in the industry through it.

I will establish exchange programs between my university and good institutions in Nigeria and other parts of the world. Why? There's beauty in collaboration; students and professors get to enrich their experiences, and get to see how classes, labs and other useful things are conducted in schools that matter in their respective fields.

Nigerian schools are also pretty slow to adapt to good changes (mainly due to lack of funds). I would ensure a complete and regular overhaul of my University's curricula to reflect the society's/industry's current needs. This would help students get the training needed to make them useful to themselves and places where they end up working.

I will establish strong industrial training programs for students to gain placements at companies and acquire experience. This would make them know the specific skills they will need to do well in the jobs they are interested in.

I could go on and on lol... I hope I didn't do too bad in answering your question? Thanks o! cheesy

Good response. Let intelligence win..

where are my monicker's...

You try.!!! I will vote for you then...At least Shollypopz tongue tongue has been hovering round my head like those Killer

African bees that am feeling dizzy already.
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2013
hornipipe: HELLO YOU'll KINDLY VISIT THIS THREAD www.nairaland.com/1331566/ AND VOTE EKWAH FOR MR NAIRALAND!!

THANKS!!!!
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 21, 2013

VOTE EKWAH!!!
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2013

VOTE EKWAH!!!
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 21, 2013
Re: Vote Ekwah As Your Mr Nairaland June 2013!!! by ZN2: 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2013
^^ Classic!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Open Appreciation Letter To Mr Seun, Moderators And Fellow Members / Anybody Interested In A Nairaland Party? / Blockbuster Movie. Eko Oni Baje Feat Bola Tinubu And Gov Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.