Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Opening A Fashion Shop - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Opening A Fashion Shop (3380 Views)

How To Start A Fashion Blog. / Opening A Boutique / Piercing -tongue Ring A Fashion Trend Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opening A Fashion Shop by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 17, 2013
I need help men/guys/ladies/mothers. I want to start a fahion outfit, I won't have to be there, I plan employing seam mistresses/masters, (fashion designers), someone mentioned ghanian designers are pleasant in sewing, with a plan to sew for mycustomers, sell ankara patch and other sewed cloths.

Pls, I need you guys to give me information on how to get started, get very good fashion designers.

Note: I still want to keep my job for now and watch how the business will grow, I just want to open a shop with my designers to run it.

Location: Lagos (if you giving advise on where to get fashion designers). Thanks.
Re: Opening A Fashion Shop by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:58pm On Jun 19, 2013
redeemersave: I need help men/guys/ladies/mothers. I want to start a fahion outfit, I won't have to be there, I plan employing seam mistresses/masters, (fashion designers), someone mentioned ghanian designers are pleasant in sewing, with a plan to sew for mycustomers, sell ankara patch and other sewed cloths.

Pls, I need you guys to give me information on how to get started, get very good fashion designers.

Note: I still want to keep my job for now and watch how the business will grow, I just want to open a shop with my designers to run it.

Location: Lagos (if you giving advise on where to get fashion designers). Thanks.

Really a commendable move ,

ADVICE ON HOW TO GET STARTED
1, I hope you have learnt the trade,because if you depend on others they can mess you up at anytime.more so you are just starting, thus you want to build a name for your brand that people can always come back to for quality sewing.thats why you need to be on top of your game in terms of knowing the business. With my expirience as a designer so far i can tell for free that fashion designing works best as a full time job,why ? Some emplyed tailors are not to be trusted,they do the job as if ,well when yawa gas na madam the costomer go face not me. undecided so most times i find that i have to monitor them from start to finish just to be sure. Most tailors are wasteful whlile cutting so i cut for them and monitor the sewing process.most paid tailors dont have that extral eye for finishing on cloths thats why the main designer which is you always has to be present.

2, I dont know how much money you investing in this, but the truth is, its the level at which you invest in it that would determine the kind of clients your business would have during the first few months.before people know your signature works they would first come to check how beautiful the place is,the once that are immpresed would give you a chance to waooo them with your designs,while the once that are not would never come back.

3, location and pricing,hummmmm,! We have different people with different ideas.some will not come to you because you too expensive for then and some will not come to you coz you too cheep for them.but some locations would help you strike a balance.so if you find your self in big man or small man area in lagos please use the price around them to work, eg ask other fashion designer around about their price discretly.make sure you are not over doing anything as your main goal is to profit on your investment.

Pls i will give more advice on this tomorrow. i don dey sleep for here sha wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Opening A Fashion Shop by mirob(f): 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2013
EFOSA VAL:

Really a commendable move ,

ADVICE ON HOW TO GET STARTED
1, I hope you have learnt the trade,because if you depend on others they can mess you up at anytime.more so you are just starting, thus you want to build a name for your brand that people can always come back to for quality sewing.thats why you need to be on top of your game in terms of knowing the business. With my expirience as a designer so far i can tell for free that fashion designing works best as a full time job,why ? Some emplyed tailors are not to be trusted,they do the job as if ,well when yawa gas na madam the costomer go face not me. undecided so most times i find that i have to monitor them from start to finish just to be sure. Most tailors are wasteful whlile cutting so i cut for them and monitor the sewing process.most paid tailors dont have that extral eye for finishing on cloths thats why the main designer which is you always has to be present.

2, I dont know how much money you investing in this, but the truth is, its the level at which you invest in it that would determine the kind of clients your business would have during the first few months.before people know your signature works they would first come to check how beautiful the place is,the once that are immpresed would give you a chance to waooo them with your designs,while the once that are not would never come back.

3, location and pricing,hummmmm,! We have different people with different ideas.some will not come to you because you too expensive for then and some will not come to you coz you too cheep for them.but some locations would help you strike a balance.so if you find your self in big man or small man area in lagos please use the price around them to work, eg ask other fashion designer around about their price discretly.make sure you are not over doing anything as your main goal is to profit on your investment.

Pls i will give more advice on this tomorrow. i don dey sleep for here sha wink cheesy

Still waiting on more of ur advice cos someone like me is also interested. Thanks
Re: Opening A Fashion Shop by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
@Efosa, thanks for dropping bye, pls come and complete your advise.

As for fashion designers, do I need to employ them from the fashion school? Thanks dear.
Re: Opening A Fashion Shop by ifex40: 1:12am On Jul 18, 2013
Location matters a lot but u can reach out to meny Nigerias, make use of this site to Display your design after u have set it up.

visit this site: www.juohco.com

you can contact the site admin through this Emails below>>>>>
contact@juohco.com or
juohco@gmail.com

good luck

(1) (Reply)

A Good Tailor For Pant Trouser Is Here / High Low Wedding Dress, Do You Love It? / GENITAL WARTS (HPV) IN WOMEN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.