Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,804 members, 7,956,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:00 PM

Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta (17243 Views)

Aisha Buhari’s Convoy Attacked, 10 Vehicles Destroyed / Several Person Injured As Governor Okorocha’s Convoy Gets Involved In Auto Crash / Governor Kashim Shettima Convoy Attacked In Maiduguri, Many Cars Destroyed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by sizzlers(m): 1:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
Governor Rochas Okorocha’s convoy was attacked yesterday in Oguta Council Area of the state  by youths allegedly recruited by a candidate for the rescheduled Imo House of Assembly elections scheduled to hold next week.

It gathered that Governor Okorocha, who was in Awa community in Oguta to drum up support for Chief Walter Uzonwanne, the candidate of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) for the election slated for next week was on his way out of the community when an opposition candidate was also on his way to Awa community.

According to  an eyewitness account  one of the outriders on the Governor Okorocha convoy had knocked down one of the motorcyclists on the campaign train of the candidate and that instead of the security details on the governor’s convoy to assist the man, they descended on the hapless man and started beating him.

It was learnt that the attitude of the governor’s security men angered the youths, who blocked the passage of the governor as the youths reportedly descended on one of the outriders, who was beaten to stupor by the irate youths and was dispossessed him of his walkie-talkie.

“For several hours, the irate youths barricaded the road and prevented the governor’s convoy from continuing on the  journey while some of them were throwing sachet water and other objects at the security operatives, who ordered them to vacate the road.”

It was further gathered that the situation could have degenerated to bloodshed but for the prompt intervention of the governor, who directed his security aides to handle the situation with utmost care.

However, when contacted, the candidate described the allegation as unfortunate, insisting that he had no powers to attack a governor’s convoy.

In his words: “I was going to Awa community to address my supporters ahead of next week’s election when I saw the governor’s convoy coming from the opposite direction. At first I thought it was the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha.

“One of the outriders knocked down one of the motorcycle riders in my campaign train and the boy was seriously wounded and instead of giving him first aid, the security men pounced on him and began to beat him and this infuriated the youths and they blocked the road and asked the governor to kill all of them.”
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/thugs-attack-okorochas-convoy/
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by ShobayoEmma(m): 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2013
May the good LORD save nigeria before it's too late to be saved.
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by dulphines: 2:51pm On Jun 18, 2013
Them no dey fear?

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by effisyman: 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2013
sorry ooo, epelee , ndooo

1 Like

Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by gen2briz(m): 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2013
Noted
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by moneyhungry(m): 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
okorocha the comedian .... always in the news for funny things.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by drsolob(m): 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
dulphines: Them no dey fear?
abeg help me ask them ohh.
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by venorite(m): 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2013
Rochas d clown undecided
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by princesammmy: 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2013
what a country
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by ademega(m): 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
no respect for the people of higher authority again ...
this is a finished country
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by alpamo6: 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
This na old news. why posting as if it just happened yesterday, atleast put date for clarification. Yesterday can be any day.
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by siaco(m): 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2013
Noted too.
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by ud4u: 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2013
so they will now be dragging the road with governors convoy, no single respect for him. na waa
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by Kings77: 3:03pm On Jun 18, 2013
Why do these youth enjoy being use by these do or die politicians just cos of peanuts? May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by chitexinter: 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
may God heal d okada man in jesus name Amen.
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by hunkydory(m): 3:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
Nigerians like to show theirselves.
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by touch4mony: 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2013
drsolob: abeg help me ask them ohh.
ask them what ? so because the governors convy can now kill ppl that voted the governor into power abi, u knocked some 1 down instead of given him treatment ur beating the person and ur here asking rubish qtns if your brother was the victim i hope u will still sound the same way u fools

7 Likes

Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by WIZGUY69(m): 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2013
24 hourz SEASON;9 grin
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by batstan(m): 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2013
grin grin
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by Okijajuju1(m): 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
angry

Kill him....... angry

Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by Lachynos2k2(m): 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
ROACH-A$$!!

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by BeingAkorede(m): 3:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
Well, maybe that has happened as a result of unfulfilled promises, foolish propaganda, and lies due to his selfish interest. Mr Okorocha claims he pay the Corper serving in Imo State certain amount of money: both the state allowee and the food subsidy to corpers. All na lie !

Each time friends call to verify his foolish lies, i feel so humiliated.

Small time now he'll appear on Tv chanting "yes it is true...."

its not good O!

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by theripper3: 3:20pm On Jun 18, 2013
Choi, my amiable Governor. Wetin he do Oguta boys na?
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
roach-@ss and his merry-band grin
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by kenbee(f): 3:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
Being Chief executive of a state doesn't give one right to have his aid escape from the law of Karma.
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by dulphines: 3:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
touch4mony: ask them what ? so because the governors convy can now kill ppl that voted the governor into power abi, u knocked some 1 down instead of given him treatment ur beating the person and ur here asking rubish qtns if your brother was the victim i hope u will still sound the same way u fools

What you should be asking is whom the question was directed to before you run into conclusion and assume the question was directed to the community. Bros, i beg oh!
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by Symphony007: 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
Are these not the idle youths he said he will arrest? Why are they still no the loose?
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by victorv12(m): 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
Oppression, thuggery and hooliganism rules in our country!!

1 Like

Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2013
Hmm, 2015 never reach and Yet all these drama!!!!
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by jennyswit(f): 3:57pm On Jun 18, 2013
odikwa very risky
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 18, 2013
You knock person down and start making beating him again. e get luck say dem no use stone on am. Make him go ask T.A Orji if he de try nonsense whenever he visits Aba, no be hid him de hide de come and go.
Re: Gov. Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Oguta by moodswing(m): 4:10pm On Jun 18, 2013
Let me just kindly waste my comment on Rochas.

....Not worth it. *****strolls on****

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Senator Earns N12m Yearly - RMAFC / APC Will Sweep Obiano Out In 2017 –ngige / Osinbajo Leaves For Kigali For 25th National Commemoration Of Rwandan Genocide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.