Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit (37017 Views)

Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / At Least 62 Bodies Recovered From Plane Crash Site / Abidjan Photos: Photos Taken During Its Heydays (2) (3) (4)

Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Tajsagay(m): 7:56pm On Jun 18, 2013

"Sunrise in the Office" (Karim Nafatni/500px.com)

Dubai-based pilot Karim Nafatni has posted several pictures that provide a stunning view from inside a commercial cockpit at 37,000 feet.
Nafatni told the website PetaPixel that he began bringing his Nikon D300s aboard flights when he worked as first officer to capture images from inside his own unique version of an “office.” Nafatni's website explains that when he began flying professionally in 2007, he became fascinated by the unique perspective of how the world looks from an aerial view and became inspired to capture the images with his photography.

The horizon is domianted by brlliant rays of sunlight (Karim Nafatni/500px.com)

Along with the images taken from within the cockpit, his website also showcases several breathtaking images taken from rooftops across Dubai.
To capture the images, he told PetaPixel that he shoots a number of bracketed exposures then combines the images into HDR views.
Most of the photos are taken aboard an Airbus A320 and capture stunning landscapes taken above Dubai and other regions. Nafatni was recently promoted to captain and now sits in what he terms the "hot seat," that is, the left chair.

The view from Dubai at 37,000 feet (Karim Nafatni/500px.com)

Nafatni contemplates a skyscape of clouds (Karim Nafatni/500px.com)

You can view more of Nafatni's photography on his website, 500px.com

SOURCE: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/pilot-showcases-stunning-photos-taken-inside-plane-cockpit-231503317.html

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by ZACHIE: 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
wow.
amazing stuff.
Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Tajsagay(m): 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
yes indeed
Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2013
Amazing ! In love with the view smiley smiley
Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Goldie20: 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2013

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Goldie20: 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2013

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 18, 2013
^^ where is that ? so pretty........ shocked

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Goldie20: 9:04pm On Jun 18, 2013

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
Dubai ?

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Goldie20: 9:05pm On Jun 18, 2013
adaobi123: ^^ where is that ? so pretty........ shocked

adaobi123: Dubai ?

Mhmmm That Dubai... Yes it is smiley

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
Someone take me to Dubai cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Kessythegeek(m): 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2013
adaobi123: Someone take me to Dubai cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
take my hand baby rozaaaaycheesy

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 18, 2013
Kessythegeek: take my hand baby rozaaaaycheesy

Will you take me ? embarassed
Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Kessythegeek(m): 9:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
adaobi123:

Will you take me ? embarassed
anything for my crush..*winkz*
Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
Kessythegeek: anything for my crush..*winkz*

awwwwww cutie kiss kiss smiley

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Kessythegeek(m): 9:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
adaobi123:

awwwwww cutie kiss kiss smiley
kiss xoXO

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Chinwem(f): 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2013
Beautiful pictures

But he should focus on flying the plane safely to its destination

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
Chinwem: Beautiful pictures

auto-pilot wink

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by buoye1(m): 12:55am On Jun 19, 2013
Amazing
Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by supreme104: 12:56am On Jun 19, 2013
FATHER LORD PLEASE LET ME VISIT DUBAI IN MY SLEEP LET ME HAVE A TASTE OF IT.PLS LORD THAT'S ALL I ASK FROM YOU.[color=#006600][/color]

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Nobody: 1:01am On Jun 19, 2013
Na so dem dey crash plane o
Na so dem go carry passengers enter Atlantic Ocean
Instead of minding the air way they are snapping foto like people wey go Disneyland

Not my portion

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by imperiouxx(m): 1:01am On Jun 19, 2013
So na like this airplane inside looks? undecided
Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by 50calibre(m): 1:01am On Jun 19, 2013
The beauty of technology, I can even see the curvature of the earth.

If the view out of a cockpit less that 40,000 ft is like this, one can only wonder what the view from the ISS looks like.

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Lordave: 1:04am On Jun 19, 2013
no be new thing na. Na where I dey sleep everyday be dat.

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Lilprincey(m): 1:05am On Jun 19, 2013
very cool. Bt meanwhile am enjoying black magic new hit 'REKPETE'
Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by 190: 1:06am On Jun 19, 2013
adaobi123: Someone take me to Dubai cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

been there once
spent 3days there
nothing special about it
pweety hot and very useless food undecided

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by lastpage: 1:10am On Jun 19, 2013
supreme104: FATHER LORD PLEASE LET ME VISIT DUBAI IN MY SLEEP LET ME HAVE A TASTE OF IT.PLS LORD THAT'S ALL I ASK FROM YOU.[color=#006600][/color]
I say you will visit Dubai, not in your sleep ..but in reality!
Sombory shout "A-M-E-E-N"!

Wetin, just buy a Ticket naah?
Okay, contiri is hard, right?

Dont worry, the Jehovah God Almighty is your strength, ....."work smart" in the mean time and God will bless the work of your hand....(keep it honest o, God is watching!) ...in no time.

Not just Dubai sef, Sweden, London, Yankee, Japan, e.t.c. is at your beck and call insha Allah!

Dont forget to buy me a present, on your way back...when God answers your our prayer. kiss kiss

Lastpage!

BTW: Dubai is not exactly like this o, 'color-wise', the CAMERA don add im own color join! grin grin
Nice pix all the same.

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by CyberG: 1:12am On Jun 19, 2013
Chinwem: Beautiful pictures

Madam Chidi, have you ever heard of anything called "Fly by wire"? I will take you into one of those things to see how big birds roll! grin grin
Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by CyberG: 1:14am On Jun 19, 2013
babyosisi: Na so dem dey crash plane o
Na so dem go carry passengers enter Atlantic Ocean
Instead of minding the air way they are snapping foto like people wey go Disneyland

Not my portion

Babaosisi, ever heard of fly by wire technology? grin
Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Nobody: 1:21am On Jun 19, 2013
CyberG:

Babaosisi, ever heard of fly by wire technology? grin

Fly by winch eh kwa
I don't travel that way bro
Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by DonWhizzy: 1:22am On Jun 19, 2013
simply sleek.

what a place for a guy to go down on one kneels and pop the Q.

bliv mua, she cudnt refuse!

but if peradventure she does, just press her eject button... grin grin grin

Re: Stunning Photos Taken From Plane’s Cockpit by Emmancy: 1:28am On Jun 19, 2013
Waooooh! This beautiful, what a nice profession, keen to fly Boeing 787 dreamliner and Airbus A350 XWL soon

Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos / Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) / Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft.