Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State (22267 Views)

Video Of Ex-Commissioner In Zamfara Having Sex Goes Viral / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Gusau, Zamfara State (Photos) / APC & PDP Thugs Clash In Zamfara (Very Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by kunleee(m): 12:19pm On Jun 19, 2013
Goddex: That town hosts the NYSC orientation camp in Zamfara state. I pray for the safety of all the corps members there.

But, seriously why are only APC states on fire?
the town is among many other villages under the LG that host NYSC orientation camp, i served in the town and i did not even heard abt tht village(there are so many town and villages under tht LGA).
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by confusion247(m): 12:20pm On Jun 19, 2013
dulphines: When will all this kill kill story end in Nigeria?
This kill kill will never stop as long as we live our lives as hypocrites. State police is the answer.
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by confusion247(m): 12:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
slyy: Which way Nigeria?
State police is the answer
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Royaldee: 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
did anyone notice the last statement in the news??

""The attack in Kizara came just two days after the security agents stationed at the village were withdrawn.
State police commissioner Mr Akila Usman Gwary confirmed the attack, saying the police would leave no stone unturned in bringing the perpetrators to justice.
""""

Something is very fishy here. Something is wrong. Investigation has to be done.

1 Like

Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Profidada: 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
Since our intelligence unit are yet to be matured to deal with islamic fundamentalism i think the best way for now is to deploy more troops to volatile states , especially those with fertile breeding ground for terrorism. Create favourable environment and incentives for the encouragement of local vigilantees. Threaten any gov with state of emergency if terror occurs in his domain. Threaten to deal with any traditional or religious leader who supports terrorism.
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by kross01(m): 12:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
Obiagelli: Only state police would solve this problem, let
the federal government concentrate on
intelligence while the state run their own
security. How do you expect the IG of police at
Abuja to monitor activities in some village in
zamfara, Ekiti, or ebonyi.
If the state govt wants to use it as political too,
how is that my business, it not like I benefit
anything from them politically.
All am
concerned about is the defence of the
defenceless.
the bolded portion of your statement explains why we are having security issues. You notice something wrong goin on, u look the other way & if 2morro same thing escalates & u r affected u start screaming to the heavens, blaming the government. Security is never a one man's responsibility that is why you must help the security agents with information to secure you better. On the other hand, if you understand the intricacies of state policing, then you'll know its never a good thing to leave in the hands of a crazy power drunk individual who happens to be a governor. Nigeria is NOT yet ripe for state police
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Nten: 12:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
anything from them politically. All am
defenceless.
will the gunmen inform the state police they are coming to attack a village?
U are aware the police men drafted to the scene engaged the gunmen in a gun duel but couldn't over power them; what they need is enough manpower, intelligence and equipped with highly sophisticated weapons to deal with the insurgents.
The I.G can be any were and issue directives to surbodinates.
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by iceberry1759: 12:51pm On Jun 19, 2013
chidindufrank: The police engaged them in gun fight,got overwhelmed and had to retreat. This people always complain of running out of bullet
grin
chidindufrank: The police engaged them in gun fight,got overwhelmed and had to retreat. This people always complain of running out of bullet
=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by 2goodbobo(m): 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
Another carnage again? The way and manner people take lives this days is just so appalling. Is high time adequate security is been deployed to all the local government and villages in the core north.
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by iceberry1759: 12:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
Idi Amin: "peace to reign" and not rain. Don't attack me, just correct your mistake afterall we learn everyday wink
=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) . Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥♡Ʊ dey beg?
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Chregor(m): 1:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
Isn't save to say that northeners- the youth- have no regard for human life except cow? And they seems to be revelling in the act; their forte perhaps.
Huh! Picking off over 48people in a lone siege by the daredevil in a place as defenseless as a village is really really sickening. My heart goes out to the victims.........
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by ATMCARD2(m): 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
georgecso: Report from kizara, Tsafe LGA indicates that some unknown gun men killed over 40 people including the district head and local imam....
more details later..

source: bbchausa.com

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/57250-gunmen-kill-48-in-zamfara
.Pikin wey say em mama no go sleep....em 2 no go sleep.They r benefiting 4rm their words of making Niaja ungovernable.SIMPLE!!!
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by 2innocent(m): 1:10pm On Jun 19, 2013
defenceless.
stop talking carelessly, this type of attacks if not checked can spread, lets be carefull n feel d pains of those affected. d govt should look into this because it is uncalled for. these people are also classified into the defenceless else the would had repelled the attack. n note dat security operatives were withdrawn from their zone
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by ATMCARD2(m): 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
defenceless.
.I guess ur post is baseless.Arm robbers gv no notice b4 embarking on their mission.So State Police will contribute nofin rada worsen d issue.
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Iykeponti(m): 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2013
Policewoman: OKEIK** shocked shocked shocked What a name grin
so u see am, nawa oo grin grin
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by splashbaby(m): 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2013
As how?...can't you see we are on the reverse hitting a speed of 200km/hr on a "road closed" with a fisherman at the wheel!
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by CATCHYBLOGGER: 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2013

I think we have 5 choices. We either move left,right, forward, backward, or stay put with the status quo. wink But I wish we move positively forward.
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by toshmann(m): 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2013
Okeikpu: Whatever

grin grin grin
Bros na wa for ya name o cheesy

Lololololololololollllloooooooool grin
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by creativemusic: 1:29pm On Jun 19, 2013
too bad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Iykeponti(m): 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
People r now dying like chicken over there in d north... Its a pitty sad
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by everyday: 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
Not again.Is this terrorism or insurgency?
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by 2innocent(m): 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
omeiz93: When we are to tell ourselves the simple truth, we did not, last week Gen Abdulsalam told us that there is security in the country, when actually it seen to be the opposite. We all decided to be a praise singer because of our pocket and what we stand to gain, and govt in power is clueless on how to handle the security situation in d country. I heard that boko haram are still killing people in Borno state despite all d soldiers deployed to that state and d state of emergency declared there. When would all these stoped.
u will not value what u hv(because of political interest) untill u loose it, GEJ is doing his best, moreover he is not God, n security is everyones business.u dnt expect him to leave aso rock n come down to zamfara to catch criminals, authorities in zamfara should be held responsible for crimes in their state. i wonder y people are so blind to sence something fishing, y was police withdrawn from dat area b4 those criminals struck. the local authorities in zamfara knw what they are doing. perhaps dat village had not shown support for boko haram. the local authoritis should be held responsible dats all
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by passionate88: 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
Another resident, Idi Namarake, told Daily Trust that when he heard the gunshots, his wife advised him to hide under the bed, and soon after the gunmen forced their way into the room. They asked the wife where her husband was and she told them he hadtravelled. “That was how I escaped being killed,” he said.
He who findeth a GOOD WIFE will live long and happy.. Baba God help me make I see Good wife when my time reach to search.. Amen
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
There goes 40 less voters for APC........

GEJ hidden things
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by metti(m): 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
Obiagelli:
So long as directives have to come from far away Abuja, we will continue to have this problem.
But from the report the police did not wait for orders from Abuja, they reacted but were overwhelmed.
What we should be talking about is how to get the police better equipped.
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by max1113(m): 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2013
sunny63: Bokoharam becarful ur cup will soon full.All dis fanatics politician allow GEJ 2 enjoy his administation.''D man dt truncate democracy becarful"I dnt want 2 call name bt we knw him shaa
Buharam be carefu
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by remmyud(m): 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
OMG!!! Whr is God's anger??
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by metti(m): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
hikmoj: true talk
Not true!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Annkio Briggs And Others Attacked By Thugs In Bayelsa. PICS / Yahaya Bello Embarks On Inspection Of Projects In Kogi (Videos, Pictures) / FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.