Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,022 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

2006 Toyota Camry Fuel Tank Fill Up Problem (need Help) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2006 Toyota Camry Fuel Tank Fill Up Problem (need Help) (2815 Views)

My Frustration Over My 1999 Camry Fuel Consumption Ratio / Advice On Replacing My Mitsubishi Outlander Fuel Tank / Should I Fill My Fuel Tank Or Buy Small Fuel Like Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2006 Toyota Camry Fuel Tank Fill Up Problem (need Help) by ezedee(m): 3:30am On Jun 19, 2013
i have a 2006 toyota camry xle of recent i have not been to refuel my tank without staying in the filling station for bout 30mins, can anybody help out on this.
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Fuel Tank Fill Up Problem (need Help) by gulfer: 8:24am On Jun 19, 2013
Is there Fuel scarcity in your area that you have to wait 30mins? grin
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Fuel Tank Fill Up Problem (need Help) by Marpol: 11:52am On Jun 19, 2013
Is it that you are stuck on a queue or you park and admire the fuel attendants? Kindly let us know pls, then we can look for ways to help you out.
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Fuel Tank Fill Up Problem (need Help) by ezedee(m): 6:16pm On Jun 19, 2013
no guys be serious the car keeps vomiting fuel to fill the tank you have to pump slowly and it time consuming
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Fuel Tank Fill Up Problem (need Help) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
ezedee: no guys be serious the car keeps vomiting fuel to fill the tank you have to pump slowly and it time consuming

Do you mean the dispenser automatic fuel cut-off keeps activating? So the trigger has to be depressed only halfway, for slower dispensing?

I'm just trying to get a picture of the issues you're having.
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Fuel Tank Fill Up Problem (need Help) by Originalsly: 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
Not a car guy...but I think the "sieve" in the fuel tank neck may be clogged up.You need to explain more so the experts can respond.
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Fuel Tank Fill Up Problem (need Help) by ezedee(m): 11:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
k guys here is what happens when trying to refuel at the filling station,
as soon as the nozzle is depressed for fuel flow into the tank it fills up the tube to the tank and spills over cutting off the dispenser trigger and gradually and slowly goes down
so to put fuel in, one has to dispense fuel from the trigger slightly depressed
forcing it down with will only spray fuel everywhere and this just started
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Fuel Tank Fill Up Problem (need Help) by Marpol: 9:39am On Jun 20, 2013
ezedee: k guys here is what happens when trying to refuel at the filling station,
as soon as the nozzle is depressed for fuel flow into the tank it fills up the tube to the tank and spills over cutting off the dispenser trigger and gradually and slowly goes down
so to put fuel in, one has to dispense fuel from the trigger slightly depressed
forcing it down with will only spray fuel everywhere and this just started

Now you are talking! Siena over to you please.
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Fuel Tank Fill Up Problem (need Help) by datola: 7:22pm On Jun 20, 2013
Your mechanic will have to remove the tank and clear the ghost fuel in it. It has happened to my car once. I think it's caused by the practice of topping fuel on the car more than necessary when in gas station.
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Fuel Tank Fill Up Problem (need Help) by ezedee(m): 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2013
datola thanks will do that if it will solve the problem
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Fuel Tank Fill Up Problem (need Help) by opynanatoyayi: 10:05pm On Jun 20, 2013
dude...
wot u got is ur village pples chasing u cox u avnt been helpin dem out...lwkm grin tongue...

seriously? that self retracting metal plate covering ur tank is meant to allow flow in one direction by creating a kind of vaccum so if its working in reverse, ie, preventing filling d tank then u might need to drop d tank n remove ghost fuel. or probably just change d tank out...
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Fuel Tank Fill Up Problem (need Help) by JUO(m): 9:28am On Jun 22, 2013
wot u got is ur village pples chasing u cox u avnt been helpin dem out...lwkm
ABI NA RITUAL MONEY? LOL. NA JOKE O

(1) (Reply)

Birthday Gift: Car gurus/Luxury car enthusiasts, GET IN HERE PLEASE! / For Sale 6 Weeks Old Used Range Rover (Sold) / Honda Accord 2013 Steering Turning Rapidly To The Left On Its Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.