Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,699 members, 7,851,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:19 PM

Gov. Wamakko Is Not Satisfied With Recall - Says Tukur Must Go - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Wamakko Is Not Satisfied With Recall - Says Tukur Must Go (630 Views)

I’m “reasonably Satisfied” With Buhari So Far — Obasanjo / 100 Days: Buhari On The Right Track, Says Tukur / I WILL NEVER LEAVE PDP--GOV AMAECHI!!!WE DIDNT FORM ANY PARTY-- GOV WAMAKKO. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Wamakko Is Not Satisfied With Recall - Says Tukur Must Go by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
Gov. Wamakko Is Not Satisfied With Recall; Says Tukur Must Go

Aliyu Wamakko, the Sokoto governor has been recalled into the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) after his temporary suspension by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party. But anyone thinking that the governor would be placated was disappointed as he has insisted that the PDP national chairman needs to be removed for the good of the party.

The future of the party’s chairman and other members of the NWC is the new frontier in the war for power in the party, with leaders torn between those in support and those opposed to the national chairman.

Wamakko told the Voice of America (VOA) Hausa Service in Sokoto that the lifting of his suspension has vindicated him, but said the same measure has to be extended to Rivers governor, Rotimi Amaechi, who was also suspended a month ago.

“Truth always triumphs over falsehood no matter what time it takes. I am not fighting anybody and I am not afraid to speak my mind because I believe truth will always prevail. We are talking about fairness and equity to all, so we are fighting injustice in the party.

“I am a Muslim, a northerner and a Nigerian. Thus, even if I am not the governor, these three things will always remain with me. I know that power is transient, so I am not scared of anything because I know that you can only be afraid of something if you are doing wrong,” he said.

He insisted that Wamakko had to go because when he called for the chairman’s removal, it was in response to the yearnings of the party supporters in Sokoto and beyond.

“In the past, before Tukur’s election as PDP national chairman, if we had any problem or disagreement in the party, we convened a meeting where all issues and problems were ironed out. We used to disagree and exchange words with one another during such meetings, but at the end of the day, we resolved the problem.

“In fact, such problems were kept secret without the knowledge of the public. But today, it is no longer so, you hear everything about PDP and its problems on the pages of newspapers and nothing is kept secret which is very sad.

“So the president (Goodluck Jonathan) as the leader of our party should rise up to the occasion and do the right thing to save the PDP from being destroyed,” Wamakko said.

Source

(1) (Reply)

Five Critically Injured As Train, Truck Collide In Lagos / A Critical Response To President Jonathan’s Speech In Cameroon On Bakassi Disput / Is PDP Practicing Divide And Rule Politics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.