Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Amaechi's Health Centres! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi's Health Centres! (11448 Views)

Aisha Buhari Commissions Ikom Health Centres, Cross River / We Will Build 10,000 Primary Health Centres 2016 – Buhari / Anambra Hands Over Health Centres To Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by EkoIle1: 11:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
Okija primary healthcare center.

Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by phantom(m): 11:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
doctokwus: Are dey functional?Do dey av functional equipment& manpower.While ddnt d op show d inside of these structures?The govt in all spheres,across all parties av perfectd d art of deception dat every item dat paints a biased picture of a nigerian performing gov,for me,shd b taken wt a bagful of salt.What happened to his monorail project,what happened to his N5 or thereabouts subsidy on fuel,what's happenin to d roads in ph,whc other revenue generating idea has amaechi come up wt in d state,apart frm d oil money largesse& harassment of motorists by touts?Amaechi is far beta dan d fisherman dat now leads us& was once d governor of a state,but for anyone to paint him as being a wonderful,high performing gov based on buildings of health centres is a collective insult on all those who God has given a functional brain
the bolded is so true BUT if you live in PH,why dont you visit one of these places and see for yourself.it sure as hell beats sitting down and assuming what is and what is not,dont you think.i havent been in any of them but i know lots of people who have.
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by EkoIle1: 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2013
I don't have names for these hospitals under construction...

Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by phantom(m): 11:13pm On Jun 19, 2013
Eko Ile: I don't have names for these hospitals under construction...
these ones have been completed.they are the two secondary centres i posted above....the niger hospital and the dental centre
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2013
phantom: i understand your concerns.our leaders tend to do 'i am working' projects to grace the pages of newspapers but if you look deeply you find nothing but emptiness. i assure you thats not the case here. my land 'agent' visited one the centres close to my house recently to enquire about their service for his pregnant wife.he said was pleased at what he saw on ground but didnt come out smiling when he was told to present evidence of paying tax to RSG... grin grin grin grin

Ok. Fair enough.
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by phantom(m): 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2013
DR CAROLINE MINIMAH SUSPENDED
Written by MoI&C

The State Commissioner for Health Dr. Tamunoiyoriari Parker has suspended indefinitely Dr. Caroline Minimah who is in-charge of Churchhill Primary Health Centre for absenteeism and negligence to duty. The Commissioner gave the suspension order during an unscheduled visit to the health Centre where he discovered that the doctors on duty were absent without any reasonable explanation.

Dr. Parker expressed regret that despite the fact that government has provided the necessary tools quality Health Care delivery to the people some health workers shirk their responsibilities. According to Dr. Parker the attitude of these Doctors negate government’s good intentions. He said that he had received reports that health workers at the Churchhill Primary Health Centre leave their offices before the official closing time and warned that stern disciplinary measures awaits recalcitrant staff.
source:http://riversstate.gov.ng/item/1287-dr-caroline-minimah-suspended.html
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by phantom(m): 11:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
[b]Rivers: What Odili Did Not Tell Amaechi- Part II [/b]By Ifeanyi Izeze
Posted: June 19, 2013 - 10:38
By Ifeanyi Izeze

Truth be told, Chibuike Amaechi by the “k-legged” circumstances that threw him up as governor of Rivers state, was fired into genuine action right from his first day in office. It is on record that he assumed duty as governor right at the State Secretariat where he visited almost all the Ministries and Department to encourage and motivate the civil servants whose morale at the time were at the lowest ebb as a result of the confusion in the state.

And within the first 100 days in office, very tangible feats in terms of projects/ programmes were recorded. Remarkable infrastructure development projects were initiated and kick-started and some even completed within the first one month he presided over the affairs of the state.
Who did not know that Amaechi rose up to the then hydra-headed problem of gangsterism and cult violence in the state orchestrated by the politics of supremacy tussle among the different criminal gangs? And within one month, he restored the breath of fresh air as he reversed the harrowing state of insecurity that hitherto blanketed the entire state.

In the beginning, the joint venture between Amaechi’s government and Skye Bank Plc brought into being people-friendly public transportation service that drastically crashed the fares on major routes both within the Port Harcourt metropolis and adjourning urban centres.

He set out to build 160 Health Centres across the state majority of them (120) were completed within the first two years and the remaining 40 as at the end of the first tenure were at various stages of completion. He hired 400 doctors while 200 are on the waiting list pending completion of the remaining facilities. Almost every major community in the 23 local government councils got a new and well-equipped Primary Health Care Centre. Exiting health facilities were also renovated and upgraded.

Amaechi took over the funding of primary schools from the Local Government councils, and set out to upgrade the standard by building 750 new model primary schools with 14 classroom blocks to replace the existing concept of six classroom blocks. He completely rebuilt 24 Secondary schools across the state. He also took over the payment of teachers’ salaries in the primary and junior secondary schools which the Local Government councils were paying. The Model Secondary schools, like the Model Primary schools are ICT compliant and under a management concession to an Indian company for sustainability of the project.

Amaechi’s urban renewal initiative no doubt brought back the lost glory of a garden city to Port Harcourt.

Indeed Amaechi’s first two-three years in office convinced the Rivers people that he actually came to serve to improve the quality of life of the people. He personally supervised projects across the state through his most times unscheduled James Bond-like visits to project sites.

However, all these changed in 2011 just like the pattern displayed by Odili immediately after his re-election. The spirit of “Aaabeee Pooort Harcoooourt Boy oooo” invoked during his re-election campaign took strong possession of him that he continued the azonto dance well into his second tenure.

The first sign that Amaechi’s “level has changed” was that he changed all the phone lines and everything that made him close and dear to his people and then instead of driving through the streets of Port Harcourt to see things himself, he became airborne until the National Airspace Management Agency (NAMA) shot down his private/fighter jet. And that was where all the talks about vice presidential ambition, insubordination and squaring-up against Jonathan and life-chairmanship of the governors’ forum came in from the enemies’ camp.

Convincingly, Amaechi and Odili’s later year years in office have some relatedness of variables.

Two masquerades- “the antichrist figure” and Asari Dokubo that danced in the Odili years are also dancing in Amaechi’s later years though the drumbeats, costumes and dance steps are slightly different. Asari Dokubo who featured prominently in the Odili’s early times as a “family member” and later a deviant and sworn enemy is replaying exactly that same act in the Amaechi setting.

Just like in the Odili’s case, Amaechi’s greatest offense today has nothing to do with what he has done or did not do but in where he comes from. Some people in the state don’t see him as a true riversman rather as an Iboman and so everything he does or says whether in the state or as chairman of the governors’ forum was interpreted to mean hostility to Ijaw people and Ijaw President. Whether anybody likes it or not, this is the truth; the whole truth; and nothing but the truth. And so political jobbers-both Ijaw and Ikwerres saw this perception as a gold mine for their selfish gains and have continued to fuel it to sustain the gulf between Amaechi and President Jonathan- whether real or imaginary. These are the same people that have not only resurrected but taken to a dangerous height the upland-riverine dichotomy in Rivers state. These same people these days even feel more at home relating with Bayelsa and its governor than having anything to do with the Ikwerre man at Government House, Port Harcourt. Meanwhile they were the same group that betrayed or rather killed Marshal Harry and A.K Dikibo two of their strongest men. We have not forgotten the events.

Is it not surprising that no single person either in the state or in the region is challenging Amaechi over non-performance or corruption/fraud? Why are opponents more interested in fighting the governor over perceived autocratic and arrogant disposition; and insubordination to the president? And if nobody is talking of mismanagement of the state’s resources or Amaechi’s inaction in the use of state resources to execute his social contract with the Rivers people, it simply means maybe, the man try for that side, abi?

Interestingly, almost all the failed- unexecuted/abandoned or poorly executed projects in the state were those awarded to indigenes- including the newly reawakened Ijaws. And some of these people singing from the other side of “Jordan” were paid monies to work for their various peoples/communities but eloped and it is surprising why yewali is not even mentioning their names for crimes against the state.

Remarkably, unlike Amaechi, Odili never had any problem in his state either with his party or any other interest group- ethnic or sectional and so never had any serious domestic challenge to make him sit back home and rethink some of his activities.

But contrary to Odili’s “anti-Christ” who came from another ethnic denomination, Amaechi’s case is that “a man’s worst enemies are those of his household,” and this is where his greatest dilemma is domiciled.

It is even good that Amaechi’s tribulation started when he still has about two years to work as governor of the state. The wise option is to seize the opportunity of this time of his “Jacob’s trouble” to sit at home and correct some of his mistakes. This is the time to get really tough with contractors handling development projects and prgrammes across the state and demand results!

The governor should not initiate new projects but insists on completing everything he started and there are so many of them which are enough if well-implemented to confirm his efforts and use of the resources available to him.

It would be better for him to use this time to convincingly work for the people again if for nothing, at least for posterity sake. And if he religiously commits himself to doing that with faith as small as mustard seed, for sure “No weapon fashioned against him shall prosper as there is no enchant against Isreal-Amaechi that can stand,” at least till May 2015.
IFEANYI IZEZE, Abuja: iizeze@yahoo.com

source:http://saharareporters.com/article/rivers-what-odili-did-not-tell-amaechi-part-ii-ifeanyi-izeze
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
they look like high schools
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by ujoinme: 5:42am On Jun 20, 2013
Good job amaechi great hospitals. Good for the people of rivers to have a gov. that provide such amenities.As rivers people enjoy the hospital and good schools that amaechi has built they will remember that it was during the administration of their son inlaw jonathan that amaechi did all that. up SS states! good to see crude oil money being used to do stuff in the SS as opposed to being used for the benefit of ingrate.
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by Godofthunder: 4:07pm On Nov 13, 2014
amaechi schools...

Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by Godofthunder: 4:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
amaechis schools...

Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by Godofthunder: 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
amaechis schools..

Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by Godofthunder: 4:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
amaechis schools..... smiley smiley wink wink grin grin grin grin

Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by Godofthunder: 4:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
amaechis schools...

Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by tit(f): 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
no students?
no patients?
are these schools and hospitals built in Chernobyrl?

Or doesnt Amaechi want any people in the picture?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by NwaNimo1(m): 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2014
Different 'banners' being placed on the same building . . . .

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by Godofthunder: 4:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
NwaNimo1:
your intelligence is something else.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by nairaarea: 4:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
Those pictures were taken few days after completion

Why are amaechi haters so clueless
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by nairaarea: 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
Na wa oh

Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
That was when he was still a member of PDP, i don't know what he has achieved since becoming a Janjaw3d1an. undecided
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by phantom(m): 4:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
nairaarea:
Na wa oh

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin jonathan is something else i swear. this newspaper headline gets me cracking anytime i see it......lol
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
These projects are so real,66 health centres,model primary schools,amaechi did well earlier in the days
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
NwaNimo1:
don't say what u don't no,those buildings are real,66 health centres,model primary schools they are still visible n working
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by phantom(m): 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2014
osemu8:
don't say what u don't no,those buildings are real,66 health centres,model primary schools they are still visible n working

leave am make im dey fool imself!! grin grin

ive told them to mention where they stay in PH and ill point them in the direction of the closest model school AND health center.
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by drshrewd: 5:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ameachi is simply the best in virtually all aspect of governance. even on infrastructure he constructed the widest state roads. road such as Ada geoge, Rumula, etc can compete with any federalroad. he is a phenominom in Agriculture. apart from the sungai farm the banana plantation farm I saw in tai lga is mouth watering. it is fully mechanised and covers several hectas of land. Rivers will sure miss Amaechi.
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by phantom(m): 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
drshrewd:
Ameachi is simply the best in virtually all aspect of governance. even on infrastructure he constructed the widest state roads. road such as Ada geoge, Rumula, etc can compete with any federalroad. he is a phenominom in Agriculture. apart from the sungai farm the banana plantation farm I saw in tai lga is mouth watering. it is fully mechanised and covers several hectas of land. Rivers will sure miss Amaechi.
God bless you!! i wish you could say this a little louder. amaechi touched EVERY AREA OF GOVERNANCE. i dont believe it up till now i swear.
yes our leaders can do more and infact we shouldnt get carried away by these basic things but in a country filled to the brim with corruption,people like amaechi should be singled out.
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by hugoart(m): 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
Truth be told,Amaechi had performed even by 2011.This extra 'Jara' and we're well-pleased.
There're many who should bury their heads in shame.
This is the real 'stomach infrastructure'-development that saves the poor man money.
The schools he did in Rivers were lovely in 2011(when I personally toured Rivers State).
I love Nigeria and love to visit(tour)the states to see for myself and sample opinions.
I knew Amaechi is a great man even then despite the troubles that the enemies tried to create for the state in 2012/2013.
He has been vindicated.
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
phantom:

leave am make im dey fool imself!! grin grin

ive told them to mention where they stay in PH and ill point them in the direction of the closest model school AND health center.
bro,when I went to the health centre at ubima,I was amazed with what I saw,modern structure,good architectural design,air conditioners,serene environment.I am from edo state,our general hospitals cannot match these 66 health centres so with our primary school,in my ppa where I am currently serving i.e ikwerre lga so many road project are going on some near completion,rotimi amaechi really did well for rivers people,although he is not paying we d corpers our state allowance,he has done well for his people,with time to come rivers people will remember him for his good works.
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by Xfactoria: 6:43am On Nov 14, 2014
But all these were the projects he commissioned in his first tenure as Governor. Amaechi has stopped working since he got power drunk and crossed over to APC. I recall his buddy - Senator Abe was shamefully flown to UK to treat fake gun shot wounds. Weren't these hospitals equipped to at least be able to treat that?

However, the big question is does Amaechi and his family go to these hospitals for treatment?

What I know about Nigerian politicians and projects is that after commissioning (at which time I believe most of the beautiful pictures were taken), funding of the maintenance of the built infrastructure suddenly start drying up. I am sure the current state of some of these hospitals would be alarming by now.
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by southsouthman: 6:56am On Nov 14, 2014
phantom:
Newly-built N2bn dental hospital excites Port Harcourt residents

An edifice housing a world-class medical facility in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital, is thrilling residents, writes CHUKWUDI AKASIKE

The Port Harcourt-Aba Expressway is about the busiest among the major roads in the Rivers State capital, as far as traffic is concerned. By the sides of the road from Eleme Junction to Isaac Boro Park, are some buildings housing many businesses such as electronic and telecommunication shops, as well as petrol stations.

On both sides of the highway, just before you get to Isaac Boro Park, are beautiful structures, housing the state sector of the Federal Road Safety Corps and the South-South Zone of the Standards Organisation of Nigeria.

However, you can’t but notice the most outstanding and imposing among the structures near Garrison Bus-Stop.

I was there Monday and I was made to understand that the place is ran by a private individual and that government has not paid its bills there since January 2014. For this reason patients who depend on the government free services are given between one to two months for medical appointment. This I am very sure nobody will know until you visit the clinic.

Moreso nobody has disputed the fact Amaechi as a PDP governor did very well in governance until he got himself distracted by joining APC. These projects showcased were all built when he was a PDP governor. I dare the op to show us any project he has completed or started ever since he became the financier and driver in APC

It’s a glass house known as the Rivers State Dental and Maxillofacial Hospital. The health facility was constructed by Governor Rotimi Amaechi’s administration to solve problems related with the tooth, mouth and other parts of the face. The structure is even rated to be among the best in Africa in the category of dental and maxillofacial hospitals.

Apart from its outward appeal, its interior boasts other health facilities such as dental chairs, theatres of international standards and radiological equipment.

A Port Harcourt-based medical practitioner, Dr. Damilola Onasanya, said the hospital would go a long way to solve oral and facial problems. He commended the hospital location as good and accessible in the state capital.

Onasanya noted that the only challenge with the imposing structure was the perception people might have about it.

He said when an average Nigerian sees the facility, he could quickly conclude that it is for the rich.

“As a result of this, the people need to be properly informed about the facility, so that everybody that needs to visit the place for check-up or treatment can have easy access to it. The hospital is very important because those with dental challenges will be able to get treatment there,” Onasanya says.

He canvassed free treatment at the hospital as a way of ensuring that the objective of establishing it was achieved.

Another resident, Mr. Maxwell Njaka, described the medical facility as one of the best he had seen in the country.

Njaka, a student of the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, said that it would be difficult for an average Nigerian to have access to the hospital due to the belief that its medical bill might be unaffordable.

“When you pass through Garrison, you must have a glance at the imposing structure because of its beauty. It is one project that the people of the state are proud of. But can poor students like me afford the services in this type of hospital?” Njaka asks.

But the State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Sampson Parker, allayed the fears expressed by the people. He maintained that the government was running free medical services in the state. He said registered indigenes and those working in the state civil service, would be treated for free at the hospital.

Parker explained that the hospital gulped over N2bn, adding, “The hospital is not just to render services but to train people in Rivers State and in Nigeria. The hospital is equipped to do almost everything that it can do. Even in South Africa, there is no dental and maxillofacial hospital like the one we have here in Rivers State. It is about the only one around sub-Saharan Africa. I don’t think the catchment area is wide and we expect it to be a specialist hospital.”

The commissioner said that the contractor recently informed the state government that job on the site and installation of equipment had been completed.

According to him, an American and a European group will run it.

It was learnt that though some skeletal work had begun on the right wing of the hospital, full dental and maxillofacial services would commence before the end of the year.

“The Dental and Maxillofacial Hospital we have there at Garrison is probably the only one of that capacity in Africa. It has 24 dental chairs, about theatres, emergency and in-patient facilities and radiological equipment,” Parker adds.

He expressed optimism that all health problems concerning toothache and other maxillofacial challenges would be handled in the hospital. He said that sufferers of such health difficulties would not need to travel to Europe, India or America to get such treatment again.
source;http://www.punchng.com/feature/sights-signs/newly-built-n2bn-dental-hospital-excites-port-harcourt-residents/
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by egift(m): 11:11am On Apr 15, 2015
A salute to a great performer.
Re: Amaechi's Health Centres! by cicero(m): 11:22am On Apr 15, 2015
nairaarea:
Na wa oh
Did Mr President say this?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs / INEC Ready For Next Week's General Elections - Jega / Stop Hate Buhari Campaign, Pay Your Staff, Presidency Warns Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.