Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Otunazero Sm Current Stage Pre-alpha - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Otunazero Sm Current Stage Pre-alpha (1413 Views)

Bootstrap 4 Alpha Released / PHP7 Alpha Released / Developing Mobile Applications Using Alpha Anywhere....must Read!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Otunazero Sm Current Stage Pre-alpha by nwaigboannoying: 8:25am On May 20, 2006
I know most programmers on this site do not like open source development , too bad smiley I think open source rocks ,

Few months ago I announced a new open source site manager called Otunazero on this site, well I'm glad to announce to you that it's now pre-alpha. I've been working on this project alone and would like to invite programmers from Nigeria to join . Since the time I posted the announcement I have not been contact by anyone from here concerning the project why? Maybe because they don't see "Naira" in it. well you are wrong if that's what you think,

Here are some info on the project:

1. The system core will be open source while each developer will be free to decide which license to use for his/her application
2.The goal is to make this one of the easiest CMS to use yet giving you the most flexibility, You can change the look of your site to fit your taste without knowing much about web site design you don't have to run generic sites anymore,
3. When you download the site manager into your website you can decide which application to intall e.g download manager, forum etc
4 This CMS is not a fork of any other CMS ,

I'm currently setting up account for the project at BerliOS. If you are a php or javascript programmers please contact me, If you are into website design you may want to contact me so you can get info about the template system that way you get an early start, thanks
Re: Otunazero Sm Current Stage Pre-alpha by lordNebu(m): 7:19pm On May 20, 2006
sorry but this folks dont like open source well i do but am not yet matured enought to really go into the web i do java and a little network programming but still i would love to track ur project so u mind if am in , and where do i go for info
Re: Otunazero Sm Current Stage Pre-alpha by Zahymaka(m): 2:15am On May 21, 2006
What exactly are the capabilities of the CMS that set it apart from others on the market? I'd appreciate it if you posted the full feature list so that I'll know whether to join.
Re: Otunazero Sm Current Stage Pre-alpha by modpluz(m): 8:11am On May 21, 2006
Zahymaka:

What exactly are the capabilities of the CMS that set it apart from others on the market? I'd appreciate it if you posted the full feature list so that I'll know whether to join.

thats a reasonable point if we are going to develop an app(as Nigerians), it must have advanced features that won't be found elsewhere.

so pls list its features,

and my question: can a coder(thats part of the team) suggest a feature and if you think its cool you'll add it.

and i also feel there should be a kind of management area for this project where team developers can

1. Submit Files
2. Suggest Features
3. Discuss about project
4. and some more,

as i think we should really put in for this(at least some one is trying to start it)
and you don't know how much good it does to be part of an open source project.
Re: Otunazero Sm Current Stage Pre-alpha by nwaigboannoying: 12:14pm On May 22, 2006
Well I will be posting more info at the project website and I will give you that address once I finish setting things up, Some one asked what sets the CMS apart from others, the goal here is not to make something totally new rather I wanted to make something better and if something new comes out of it then that's good,

I think the licensing is a big issue here, Most of the CMS out there will not allow you to add closed code to their system, if there is any such thing out there I have not seen it, With this system it's more like having an OS and applications, The OS (system core) will be under LGPL while the application section can be under any license the developer wants,

Building an application for the system is easy and understanding the structure of the system is easy, I can tell you that it will be easier for you as a programmer to make chances to Otunazero SM that it will be to make changes to Mambo.

There are other things but you will be able to see how the system is once you can test it, I'm sure not everyone will like this system but I'm already using it and it works great now I want to make it so other people can use it too,

I would like to hear about features people would like to see added to the system, So there will be a way for someone to make suggestions,

Here are applications that are part of the system core

1. Membership management, This application will allow site owners to manage their site membership E.g A site owner can block an individual from accessing a certain application on the site and be able to display the reason for the ban only to that person and allow the user to make the changes after which their access to that section of the site will be restored, This is good when you have a site where people need to fill out their profile but refuse to do so you can ban the area they use the most until they fix their profile,

2.Help/support applications

3.mail, This application will allow site members to send and receive messages from other users internally, The site owner will be able to read internal messages or email from other sites from the admin area, right now the internal messaging works,

4.E-shop , I think you know what this one means smiley

Now these are the applications that comes with the system itself and they are open source but more could be added to the system core, but 3rd party application developers could develop
Download manager
directory application
I mean you can develop any kind of application you want for the system and you decide if you will charge for it or not. if it will be open source or covered code. it's all up to you , I have an accounting application I'm working on that will be used under this system, The best way to get the idea is to test it, Soon you will be able to do so, for those interested in working on the development team get hold of me,

Because it's open source don't mean the development team is wide open you have to apply and get accepted

(1) (Reply)

Coding Challenge 2: Palindromes / Entity Framework 4.1 / I Need A Mentor In Web Programming Language Type Java

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.