|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,758,223 members, 6,555,889 topics. Date: Monday, 25 October 2021 at 06:43 PM
7 Reasons You Should Not Start A Blog On A Free Platform <#4 Will Shock You> / 6 Reasons You Should Use Google Blogger For Your New Blog As A Beginner / 25 More Reasons You Might Be A Hardcore Graphic/web Designer (2) (3) (4)
|25 Reasons You Might Be A Hardcore Graphic/web Designer by A2J(m): 12:20am On May 10, 2008|
It’s that time again. I thought I’d let you peer into my head for a post, so I sat down with a notepad, a pen and a 12 pack of Bud Light. After some deep thought, I came up with this list of signs that you might be a hardcore designer. A lot of these signs can overlap other professions too. From my experience, the following list contains mostly truths, mixed in with a little humor.
25 Reasons You Might Be A Hardcore Graphic/Web Designer
(In no particular order)
1. You’ve almost rear-ended the car in front of you because you were analyzing a font on a billboard.
2. You get pissed when a free Photoshop brush you download is less than 1000px in size.
3. You’d rather study the paisley pattern on your boyfriend/girlfriend’s shirt than listen to what he/she has to say.
4. You can use keyboard shortcuts at light speed, blindfolded, but you can’t type a paragraph of text without staring at the keyboard.
5. You’ve had “Software Nightmares,” when you’ve been working way too much.
6. You consider meals interruptions.
7. You’ve learned your lesson and stopped using the word “final” in any file name when saving.
8. You clean your keyboard more often than you wash your car.
9. You’ve intentionally given up trying to explain your projects to non-designers.
10. You see CMYK and RGB like Neo sees the Matrix.
11. You’d rather organize your desktop than your sock drawer.
12. When you heard that Adobe was acquiring Macromedia, you had a Design Orgasm.
13. When you look at Album art all you see are grunge Photoshop Brushes. (Then you see the album art a couple minutes later)
14. You’ve Photoshopped out a watermark for a comp or mock-up.
15. You’ve actually $paid for a font.
16. You’ve totally slaughtered a great design concept because the client thinks he/she knows best. (everyone thinks they are a designer)
17. The amount of words you’ve written with a sharpie labeling burned discs total more than the amount of words you’ve read in novels.
18. You’ve had to explain to a client that a layered file wasn’t part of the deal.
19. You’ve kept a ragged concert ticket just so you could scan it.
20. You’ve nicknamed the OSX spinning wheel. (and not affectionately)
21. You bookmark a resource more often than you have a fun night out on the town.
22. You’ve intentionally overbid a project because you can sniff out a bad client from a mile away.
23. You can’t go to a restaurant without secretly critiquing the menu design.
24. You have an amazingly huge font collection, and an amazingly short temper.
25. If you had a penny for every mouse click, you would have been a trillionaire 3 years ago.
OTHER REASONS TO BE POSTED LATER ON
|Re: 25 Reasons You Might Be A Hardcore Graphic/web Designer by uspry1(f): 1:07am On May 10, 2008|
Continue for more post link: "25 REASONS You Might Be A Hardcore Graphic/Web Designer" at below link:
LOL! True almost all of them at least 28 out of total 50 reasons I am a HARDCORE GRAPHIC/WEB DESIGNER!
What a experience I had with my clients in the past! LOL!
|Re: 25 Reasons You Might Be A Hardcore Graphic/web Designer by WebMonk(m): 9:49am On May 10, 2008|
If you were my Girlfriend i would kiss you all night!
SO TRUE! No 12 made my weekend when everything else was down
Personally guilty of 3,6,7,22
|Re: 25 Reasons You Might Be A Hardcore Graphic/web Designer by smartsoft(m): 10:34am On May 10, 2008|
Yah very good i'm hardcore Graphic/Website Designer, and let me tell you something, CREATIVITY IS NOT WHAT YOU LEARN, BUT IS AN INBORN THING YOU DEVELOP
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79